Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: Return of The Vintage Collection (2018)

Its interesting that some people expect Hasbro to revisit TFA and RO in the TVC line and remake so many characters from the basic line. I expect 90% of the TFA and RO figures in the TVC line to repacks. I think a bunch of resculpts or upgrades (adding articulation to existing figures) would drag the line down. With a new movie each year, I don't think they'll have time for that anyway. Likewise, outside of some collectors, would the interest remain strong? For example, will RO characters be popular a couple years from now? I'm doubting it. From that list, I'd love a General Leia, but that's about it...

Quote Originally Posted by PoeType View Post
    I don't really understand the infatuation with Yakface but I've only been collecting for a few years so I'm not trying to fill tiny gaps in a large collection. Still, I would think most collectors would want to see more important characters that we still haven't gotten SA figures of yet.
    I think the logic on these boards, mostly inspired by years of deconstructing Hasbro's marketing strategies, is assuming big players from recent movies will eventually see release. With this in mind, our role here has more to do with reminding them of older stuff we feel need updates and less with pushing for characters that are still fresh in their collective mind.
    WTB: Tie Pilot (ANH) fabric flight suit Sideshow 1/6 scale
    Want list http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1098677/ Feedback thread http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1099025/#post19156148

Quote Originally Posted by TK_842 View Post
    I think the logic on these boards, mostly inspired by years of deconstructing Hasbro's marketing strategies, is assuming big players from recent movies will eventually see release. With this in mind, our role here has more to do with reminding them of older stuff we feel need updates and less with pushing for characters that are still fresh in their collective mind.
    Seconded.

You WILL be getting a super articulated TFA Jedi Luke at some point, just like it is highly likely that you will get a super articulated TFA Han Solo at some point. It's the backgrounders that Hasbro need nudging on, ideally the never before released but also those in major need of an upgrade.

YakFace sounds like he is coming down the pike but he has been a long time coming, 1997 was 20 years ago now, old enough to be classed as Vintage by some (Not by me BTW, just highlighting! )

Chris
    Wanted: VINTAGE COLLECTION: C-3PO. Still got a Vinage Wedge & Gammy to trade.

My Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue82 View Post
    Seconded.

You WILL be getting a super articulated TFA Jedi Luke at some point, just like it is highly likely that you will get a super articulated TFA Han Solo at some point. It's the backgrounders that Hasbro need nudging on, ideally the never before released but also those in major need of an upgrade.

YakFace sounds like he is coming down the pike but he has been a long time coming, 1997 was 20 years ago now, old enough to be classed as Vintage by some (Not by me BTW, just highlighting! )

Chris
    I agree, the main characters will come. The backgrounders will be few and far between, nostalgia legends (like Yakface and Sim) have a decent chance, but Hasbro wont want to do many. Current trends are 90% main characters and current media characters, and you can totally understand that (which makes the Hoth Trooper choice annoying to me at least). Adult collectors may not be completely happy with that, but it does make sense.
    Most wanted figures: Vedain, Luke Bespin (Beatup version), Fozec, Taym Dren Garen, Sim Aloo

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031