Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Return of The Vintage Collection (2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Idpullthecurtain View Post
    Great shout! I would really love to see them do this. I wouldnt even mind repacks for all of them, I would just love them on Vintage ANH cards.
    No offense, but that is another of the problems with TVC. People wanting all these hero repacks just to have a faux "Vintage" carded figure collection.
    I get that it's a thing with some people. But the line suffers enough repacks already, not to mention main heroes.

And while loading the line with obscure backgrounders (which is all that's left) wouldn't work either. That is basically where we're at with the line, other than the new media of course. By the time they put those "Original 12" out, new or old sculpts. How much space is left for actual new characters?

No matter what Hasbro does, it seems there's still the same old hangups. And how truly divided the community really is.
    Between OT/PT/ST/whatever media is next. I just can't see an equal representation happening. And that's not even counting TCW or Rebels characters some of us want/wanted.

If this wasn't the only SA line, I'd be fine if it only focused on OT characters. To have a complete line of them all, and be done with it. But it isn't, and I'm after most non OT characters at this late stage in the game. My collection is 95% OT already. Nothing wrong with it, but it's time for new stuff.
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2, Rebels Thrawn Have: MU Rogue Captain America, Grim Reaper, WW Hulk. SW:Rebels Stormtroopers from 2-pks X2, IG-RM. 6" Snowtrooper, AT-AT Driver Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

I hope that the first wave has 3x TPM QuiGon and 3x TPM OBI Wan figures. Pick right up where we left off in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
    I hope that the first wave has 3x TPM QuiGon and 3x TPM OBI Wan figures. Pick right up where we left off in 2012.
    That's just cruel. Don't even joke about that.
    Hasbro, if you're listening, REBEL PILOT MULTIPACK! Rogue One: Antoc Merrick, Blue Leader. A New Hope: Theron Nett, Red 10. Empire Strikes Back: Rogue 4, Hobbie Klivian Snowspeeder. Return of the Jedi: Horten Salm, Gray Leader. All easy kitbashes, all unique, a guaranteed best seller.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
    what? No Naboo Pilots????
    Always look on the bright side of life...

WTB: Vintage Collection Hoth AT AT. Either the box on its own or the box with vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by lister View Post
    I think you might wind up disappointed. There's zero chance this line doesn't include repacks.
    I'd say the line will be 85% repacks or retools with some new figures scattered in (newer movie stuff and a few updates). Anyone expecting all new figures will be heartbroken when the new line gets released.

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    what? No Naboo Pilots????
    At least those were good for an easy B-Wing pilot custom.
    Hasbro, if you're listening, REBEL PILOT MULTIPACK! Rogue One: Antoc Merrick, Blue Leader. A New Hope: Theron Nett, Red 10. Empire Strikes Back: Rogue 4, Hobbie Klivian Snowspeeder. Return of the Jedi: Horten Salm, Gray Leader. All easy kitbashes, all unique, a guaranteed best seller.

Quote Originally Posted by GNT View Post
    I'd say the line will be 85% repacks or retools with some new figures scattered in (newer movie stuff and a few updates). Anyone expecting all new figures will be heartbroken when the new line gets released.
    You're raining on my parade here dude.

Hey, don't knock that Naboo Pilot. That figure was off the hook!
    I just didn't need an army of them....
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2, Rebels Thrawn Have: MU Rogue Captain America, Grim Reaper, WW Hulk. SW:Rebels Stormtroopers from 2-pks X2, IG-RM. 6" Snowtrooper, AT-AT Driver Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by GNT View Post
    nah, no chance.
    Most wanted figures: Vedain, Luke Bespin (Beatup version), Fozec, Taym Dren Garen, Sim Aloo

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    No offense, but that is another of the problems with TVC. People wanting all these hero repacks just to have a faux "Vintage" carded figure collection.
    I get that it's a thing with some people. But the line suffers enough repacks already, not to mention main heroes.

And while loading the line with obscure backgrounders (which is all that's left) wouldn't work either. That is basically where we're at with the line, other than the new media of course. By the time they put those "Original 12" out, new or old sculpts. How much space is left for actual new characters?

No matter what Hasbro does, it seems there's still the same old hangups. And how truly divided the community really is.
    Between OT/PT/ST/whatever media is next. I just can't see an equal representation happening. And that's not even counting TCW or Rebels characters some of us want/wanted.

If this wasn't the only SA line, I'd be fine if it only focused on OT characters. To have a complete line of them all, and be done with it. But it isn't, and I'm after most non OT characters at this late stage in the game. My collection is 95% OT already. Nothing wrong with it, but it's time for new stuff.
    I don't see it like that. I think the beauty of releasing the Original 12 is it would appeal to different types of buyers. I would buy all 12 to display as a set. Some people would want some of them only, since they are almost all sought after characters. And then also it allows Hasbro to get the A-listers out on the pegs, which they need to do. They will want a Vader, Stormtrooper and a Han and some others out one way or another. But accept that committing to all 12 is a big commitment and takes up a lot of spaces. That is a problem. Maybe what they should do I release as a set as a retailer exclusive? Or aim to release 4 a years for 3 years? There are ways to do it.

I think releasing the Original 12 would be awesome. I am not saying everyone would want that.
    Most wanted figures: Vedain, Luke Bespin (Beatup version), Fozec, Taym Dren Garen, Sim Aloo

Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast