Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Return of The Vintage Collection (2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    While I'd like to see several definitive updates, and a healthy mix of new characters. I expect nothing of the sort, just a bunch of OT repacks to capitalize on the 40th. As well as the Rogue One craze that is just about over. Also really don't want to see R1 characters i this line, they all die... TFA had a decent release already, so no real need for that either.

However, this line should benefit from TLJ and EP9, As well as Han Solo. The just have to time the repacks right. Unless they plan to make new figures, which they'll have to do for Han, Lando, etc.

I won't waste time with a list.
    A lot of characters die. Just because someone dies don't mean he's not a worthy character. Yoda, Vader, Fett, Obi-wan, all dead. And I would disagree that TFA or R1 is finished. I think many would like 3.75" SA releases of Krennic, Chirrut, Baze, Bodhi, Maz, Hux, Han, Leia, Luke, and that's just main characters. The 5-6 Wal-mart offerings didn't scratch surfice. I don't collect 5POA and don't consider those as qualified releases. But I agree we do need to see TLJ & beyond included here as well.
    Looking to trade?
    My Feedback - My Trade Thread

Quote Originally Posted by wedgeswingman View Post
    Example, I bought that entire wave. You may be right, a decent selection will work.
    Not just smart selection, but Hasbro may finally realize the futility of insisting kids support the majority of this line. Transformers, yes. My Little Pony, yes. What kid bought 4 Emperor's Royal Guards like I did? (Ok, that's a little sad/pathetic, but the point stands!). Many of you bought multiples too. My gosh, they could produce cases of Hoth Rebel Trooper alone, and we'll snap them all up. Gamorrean Guards too. Right the ship, Hasbro- heck, just email me and I'll consult for free :-)
    Please read my version of the Star Wars prequels and let me know what you think!

Check out the Rebelscum Custom Dioramas Index!

One unfortunate thing about getting new movies is that it's axed any chance of keeping background figures viable. Just think of how many background and minor characters have been added to the Star Wars panoply with just TFA and RO. Times that by TLJ and HS, plus 9 and whatever the third spin off is, not to mention Rebels and comics. We're going to be up to our eyeballs in potential figure wants, and unless they crank things into high gear we can kiss a lot of our favorite wanted figures goodbye.
    agreed, most background or more obscure characters might not make the cut from the first offerings, since most likely TVC in 2018 will bring back most molds/sculpts from TFA and RO, that's a given. However with new movies almost back to back Hasbro have to concentrate on the main and more recognizable characters like the main protagonist of the movies ie; Han Solo, Luke, Rey, Poe, Finn, Kylo Ren, Phasma, Supreme Leader, Darth Vader have to be in the line (since TFA and the new trilogy he is part of the reason Ben Solo turn in to the dark side), Lando, Chewy, R2 and C-3PO etc...but I'm sure some obscure characters will be part of the line, I would not hold my breath on a lot of the background characters too much.

Even with the most rumors about YakFace been sculpted and done, I wouldn't count too much on that, it might be a while before we start seeing a good selection of main characters and background characters. I'm sure that the selection would be based on the Characters progressing the story in the movies, not the characters seating in a cantina/bar looking very suspicious or aliens cleaning the X-Wing or on the conference room planning to attack the First Order.

Quote Originally Posted by Daigo_Bah View Post
    It's funny, I would have been skeptical about the character selection too, had Disney not bought LFL. There really seemed to be an agenda between Lucas and Hasbro to almost forget the OT and move on, but Disney is a master at capitalizing on nostalgia (evidenced by the product available at their stores, and the Hasbro choices of late). I mean, how many 6" figures are out for TPM compared to ANH? Though this year is the 40th line, the ANH choices in this one span of 4 months or so eclipses all the prequel figures made so far.
    Given the 40th anniversary of "Star Wars" and the original Kenner line is here, I do hope an emphasis is given to the first 12 (some can be straight out reissued.. Darth Vader, Chewbacca, Jawa, R2-D2 and 2008's Ben Kenobi,... I can live with Han Solo, C-3PO & Stormtrooper being reissued as well... hoping new versions of Princess Leia & Luke Skywalker are in the works and the Tusken Raider gets an modified upgrade (new arms)... as to the Death Squad Commander getting a paint change and a corded headset...the forthcoming 6' inch isn't getting that change so it's not gonna happen for this either.. but perhaps the original name and teal colored card comes back.

No repacks Hasbro, don't cheapen the 2010 line!!!
    All new figures on VC cardbacks, OR previous sculpts that haven't been released on modern VC cardbacks yet.
    My Trade Thread & My Feedback Thread
    WANT: Maleval, Phobos, Nicanus Tassu, Llats Ward

I'm curious how many figures will be produced per wave - 3-4 seems to be the standard number for the Walmart series, new or otherwise, but that seems a little low for this?

I feel like with six, you could get 3-4 slots for major characters and two for backgrounders - let's use a wave from Walmart as an example. We all know these aren't new figures, but pretend for a second that they are. (I'm just doing this to minimize arguing choices vs. concept.)
    - Rey
    - Finn
    - Stormtrooper
    - Kylo Ren

Boom, you've got four major characters with general appeal that collectors will buy (if they're new) and some casual fans may buy. Now you've got two slots left? Go full collector, of course.
    - Yak Face
    - Sim Aloo

Maybe switch one of the four for another ROTJ character to make it even, whatever, but you get the gist of it. If Hasbro gives us six figures per wave (or more?) instead of four, I think we can hope to see more than one collector-focused character per wave, and there'd be hope to see some obscure characters. I'm not so hopeful if there's only four slots a wave though. That would suck.

All that said, my line of thinking is Hasbro had no reason to bring back the Vintage Collection as a general release except to appeal specifically to adult collectors, so I'm confident they should throw us a few bones.

One unfortunate thing about getting new movies is that it's axed any chance of keeping background figures viable. Just think of how many background and minor characters have been added to the Star Wars panoply with just TFA and RO. Times that by TLJ and HS, plus 9 and whatever the third spin off is, not to mention Rebels and comics. We're going to be up to our eyeballs in potential figure wants, and unless they crank things into high gear we can kiss a lot of our favorite wanted figures goodbye.
    Actually, I think OT backgrounders will now have a better chance. First off, Hasbro knows there are still some like Yakface that people want and TVC cards go perfectly with anything from the OT. Secondly, Hasbro has so many new main characters that they can release, that they can also make some backgrounders. Also, I think certain backgrounders that were made for TFA like Zuvio, probably won't stand much of a chance in the TVC line in 2018. If the line goes on for a few years, then maybe they'll get to some of those.

I really hope that Hasbro views the TVC line as a collector line and they make the case packs accordingly.
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" SA/TBS line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by VornJithco View Post
    Given the 40th anniversary of "Star Wars" and the original Kenner line is here, I do hope an emphasis is given to the first 12 (some can be straight out reissued.. Darth Vader, Chewbacca, Jawa, R2-D2 and 2008's Ben Kenobi,... I can live with Han Solo, C-3PO & Stormtrooper being reissued as well... hoping new versions of Princess Leia & Luke Skywalker are in the works and the Tusken Raider gets an modified upgrade (new arms)... as to the Death Squad Commander getting a paint change and a corded headset...the forthcoming 6' inch isn't getting that change so it's not gonna happen for this either.. but perhaps the original name and teal colored card comes back.
    Great shout! I would really love to see them do this. I wouldnt even mind repacks for all of them, I would just love them on Vintage ANH cards.
    Most wanted figures: Vedain, Luke Bespin (Beatup version), Fozec, Taym Dren Garen, Sim Aloo

I hope they start at 116 .No repacks just new figures.

Quote Originally Posted by R2OSCAR View Post
    No repacks just new figures.
    I think you might wind up disappointed. There's zero chance this line doesn't include repacks.

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast