Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Disney Sandcrawler Playset

Yup, the meaning of the phrase "Coming Soon" is definitely a relative term that can vary greatly from person to person.

I've slept a LOT since then, but I kinda recall quite a bit time passing between initial reports of the starspeeder playset vehicle "coming soon" and the actual availability of ordering, or in park purchasing , one. But we are now into the age of instant gratification and entitlement for what ever we want whether it's material thing or simply information.
    Last edited by R1G4R3PO; 08-13-2017 at 04:02 PM.

I would love to see what this looks like but I do have the OTC version which is basically a reuse of the 1979 mold. Without the electronics. I just hope is not going to be smaller then the OTC one we got.

Quote Originally Posted by R1G4R3PO View Post
    I've slept a LOT since then, but I kinda recall quite a bit time passing between initial reports of the starspeeder playset vehicle "coming soon" and the actual availability of ordering, or in park purchasing , one. But we are now into the age of instant gratification and entitlement for what ever we want whether it's material thing or simply information.
    Very true but also going half a year without an update after announcement seems long. Either way I can wait though.

I think of it like this...last summer, had to wait 6 months for the walkng dead to premiere to see who got lucielled, and it was ok...ok for me anyway, now my wife she was amongst the masses that wanted to know asap. And I've lost count of how many times I reminded her about "Who shot JR?" ( I know I'm aging myself here but..). Not only did we have to wait until the next season, but it still wasn't releaved until toward the end of the season. But a big difference...no internet w/ instant gratifation of knowing everything asap. We coped w/ it and went on our daily lives, maybe read the occasional People magazine article that wasn't a real spoiler. But were glued to the tv every Friday night when the new season arrived to find out who it was. Now people were upset even more when we had to wait 17 min into the episode instead of 17 seconds to find out who Negan killed.

Now having said that, I really like more info on the sandcrawler. Not necessarily eta but details like will it include an array of BAD Parts as well to be a combo transport and vintage like droid factory playse.. If that's the case, I'm sure I can wait it out.

(Note- I only said People magazine because I know they were around at that time because they had an article when KISS replaced original drummer, Peter Criss with Eric Carr and that was Aug. 1980)...man that brings back memories as a kid checking newsstands weekly for newest issues of Hit Parader or Circus magazine for info on new upcoming KISS LPs
    Last edited by R1G4R3PO; 08-14-2017 at 12:57 PM.

Another thing to remember with this. Since it will be primarily sold at Disney parks/onsite shops, they isn't as much of a "season" for them. They have people making the pilgrimage year round, and don't have to rely on Christmas spending for this kind of buy.
    Also, There is a lot of Star Wars activity on the horizon for the various Disney properties. I imagine this will be a big ticket item when the new land, resort, shops, etc are a little closer on the horizon. Maybe though it will coincide with the introduction of the protocol BAD station. I think that's already available? Once that's more established, I can see the Sandcrawler being released.

If this ends up being what we're all hoping, I think I'm just going to see if you can buy a heap of parts for the build-a-droid stuff and fill this puppy with a ton of droid parts. Plus I'll probably customize a bunch of little springs and gears and such. And I've really got to pick up all the droids and Jawa's packed with droids for this sucker. I passed on most of those and now I'm regretting it.
    'But I don’t want to go among mad people,’ Alice remarked. ‘Oh, you can’t help that,’ said the Cat: ‘We’re all mad here. I’m mad, you’re mad.’ ‘How do you know I’m mad?’ said Alice. ‘You must be,’ said the Cat, ‘or you wouldn’t have come here.’ - Lewis Carroll 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'

Well, after the disappointment that is the Mega Star Destroyer set. I'm real eager to see what this is, and hope that it's something better and that I want!
    Though I suspect nothing is going to console be short of the Sail Barge. lol
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2, Rebels Thrawn Have: MU Rogue Captain America, Grim Reaper, WW Hulk. SW:Rebels Stormtroopers from 2-pks X2, IG-RM. 6" Snowtrooper, AT-AT Driver Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    Well, after the disappointment that is the Mega Star Destroyer set. I'm real eager to see what this is, and hope that it's something better and that I want!
    Though I suspect nothing is going to console be short of the Sail Barge. lol
    But with how awesome the Star Tours speeder is, and how it still holds up, I think Disney will produce a great set.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345