Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Disney Sandcrawler Playset

Yeah, if its cardboard I'm not interested. I remember a while back, 2012ish or so, a rumor started circulating that Hasbro may have been working on a large Sandcrawler vehicle. I had hoped that this was that since Hasbro ended the large vehicle program around 2012 even though they they stated a year prior that it was doing well and they had a library of large vehicles to keep it alive for years to come. Of course this was when Depriest was in charge, someone who actually was invested in the existing collector market at the time. The new guy seems like he couldn't give a hoot about the audience Depriest catered to.
    Last edited by Michael_Knight; 07-19-2017 at 10:45 AM.

I don't think there is any reason to think Disney would cheap out and go cardboard on us with their teased sandcrawler. Their 3.75" Starspeeder vehicle demonstrates what they are capable of developing and producing. That thing is bigger than they could have gotten away with, loaded with features and sports a fabulous deco. Their build-a-droid line continues to exemplify their commitment to going deep and doing their best to deliver satisfying toys loaded with articulation and, where possible, thoughtful accessories. At every turn over the past few years they have shown us that when faced with the choice being ambitious or playing it safe, they have chosen ambition. Their development team is clearly full of people passionate about the property and toys. Of course there are practical realities that will limit just how big a sandcrawler can be and how much value it will pack, but based on their performance of recent years, there's no reason to think this will be anything other than impressive. I say we're in great hands. The only worry I have is about price and availability.
    Last edited by ReverendStrone; 07-18-2017 at 05:57 PM.

I really do not think this would be cardboard. However the size could be an issue, I don't think it will be as big as some would like but still bigger than the previous versions.

I'm hoping to see a preview soon, as I placed a diorama on hold to see how this thing turns out.
    The answer to every Star Wars question ever:
      Spoiler:  
    Its just a movie!!!!!!!!!!

Feedback BST
    I love this Bar! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU3_zzZQzx0

Nope, but you post prompted me to come in here prepared to be amazed.
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2, Rebels Thrawn Have: MU Rogue Captain America, Grim Reaper, WW Hulk. SW:Rebels Stormtroopers from 2-pks X2, IG-RM. 6" Snowtrooper, AT-AT Driver Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Dang. Kind of getting close to Christmas time. Starting to wonder if it's just not coming this year after all. Disney has had at least two big opportunities to show it off and they didn't.

If this indeed is a brand new, modernized, "BIG" scale Sandcrawler...I'll die. The only reason I never picked up all the Jawa's and wacky droids was because I was never able to get a Sandcrawler, so I always dreamed they'd make a new and improved larger scale one. I don't even care the price...it'll be mine.

But at the same time, I'm not holding out. I'm trying to remain calm and brace for disappointment.
    'But I don’t want to go among mad people,’ Alice remarked. ‘Oh, you can’t help that,’ said the Cat: ‘We’re all mad here. I’m mad, you’re mad.’ ‘How do you know I’m mad?’ said Alice. ‘You must be,’ said the Cat, ‘or you wouldn’t have come here.’ - Lewis Carroll 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'

Nothing saying it has to be available for the Holidays. This isn't your typical Kids item to be found in stores anyways, so the only people who'll be aware of it are Collectors. And most adults aren't shopping for themselves during the Holidays, and especially not something on the very expensive side. lol
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2, Rebels Thrawn Have: MU Rogue Captain America, Grim Reaper, WW Hulk. SW:Rebels Stormtroopers from 2-pks X2, IG-RM. 6" Snowtrooper, AT-AT Driver Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    Nothing saying it has to be available for the Holidays. This isn't your typical Kids item to be found in stores anyways, so the only people who'll be aware of it are Collectors. And most adults aren't shopping for themselves during the Holidays, and especially not something on the very expensive side. lol
    Exactly! I mean I'm a pretty major collector. I have literally thousands of figures and even I didn't know this was coming until literally like an hour ago when I just randomly saw this. If this be what we all hope and dream it to be, I wonder what the price tag will run. I'm thinking due to its status as both an exclusive and a Disney park exclusive...plus potential electronics...plus potential remote control feature...well. Let me put it this way, my wallet is already weeping.
    'But I don’t want to go among mad people,’ Alice remarked. ‘Oh, you can’t help that,’ said the Cat: ‘We’re all mad here. I’m mad, you’re mad.’ ‘How do you know I’m mad?’ said Alice. ‘You must be,’ said the Cat, ‘or you wouldn’t have come here.’ - Lewis Carroll 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'

I guess you're right that it doesn't necessarily have to be a Christmas item. I was just thinking it probably would be. Either way, we're two quarters of the way through the year and Disney passed on showing it at their big celebration even though this was announced some time before it, so just figured if it was coming this year they would have showed it off already. I hope it is.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast