Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Disney Sandcrawler Playset

If true, it doesn't necessarily mean it was intentionally held back for a release to coincide with Galaxy's Edge opening, though that is one way of reading what was said, and is what my head jumped to. It makes sense to me that they might want to group any Star Wars ty releases, particularly anything large and news-worthy, to coincide with their grand opening and refresh of store product.

But, an alternative scenario which could be hypothesized from the same rumour might be that the crawler was delayed because finite toy development resource was redirected towards other product that is tied to the Galaxy's Edge opening and is a higher priority. In this case, it'd still be coming, but was bumped back in the schedule by needing to prioritize other Star Wars product tied to the launch. In theory, this stuff all comes out of the same budget. In my business, development schedules get reevaluated and pushed around all the time. it wouldn't be out of the question, and there's no burning rush on the crawler.

Personally, I think the first guess is more likely correct, though: it's a big and likely to be expensive item, which they probably figure could help bolster the product line being developed in support of the new attraction. Seems reasonable to me.

I still like my theory: Disney knew exactly what this was....

If its a reissue of the old 200x mold then Who blames Disney to want to see how the BIG Jabba's barge does, & consider a upgrade if needed.

If its a figure case, then it might have bombed anyways.
    The answer to every Star Wars question ever:
      Spoiler:  
    Its just a movie!!!!!!!!!!

Feedback BST
    I love this Bar! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU3_zzZQzx0

Quote Originally Posted by VideoViper View Post
    I still like my theory: Disney knew exactly what this was....

If its a reissue of the old 200x mold then Who blames Disney to want to see how the BIG Jabba's barge does, & consider a upgrade if needed.

If its a figure case, then it might have bombed anyways.
    So Disney is going to monitor how a niche item that was marketed and sold to the hardest of hardcore collectors (HasLab Barge) and use that data as a barometer for an upcoming toy that will be sold at every Disney theme park, store and online and have visibility to literally millions of people a month?

No.

Edit: the 200x mold? Like the Hasbro one? Disney had been producing their own Star Wars toys for years now (specifically Droids parts) with no Hasbro tooling. So their plan was to unearth some old Hasbro molding from almost 20 years ago?
    Last edited by HothHan; 06-09-2018 at 10:49 PM.

Looks to be about the same size. which will make it a pass for me. as the old toy wasn't that great.

Also park exclusives are exactly that. Rarely available at Disney stores. Often sold out or you need to but a ticket to the park to get the the"other" shop. In short a pain to get because you need to take a vacation to get it & it may still not be available. So eBay becomes a very reasonable method of getting these.

Disney & Hasbro toys come from the same China factories so despite people claiming otherwise Disney has no issues repurposing an existing toy or scrapping an existing project if they could make more money otherwise.
    Last edited by VideoViper; 06-10-2018 at 11:55 AM.
      Spoiler:  

Feedback BST

Quote Originally Posted by VideoViper View Post
    Looks to be about the same size. which will make it a pass for me. as the old toy wasn't that great.

Also park exclusives are exactly that. Rarely available at Disney stores. Often sold out or you need to but a ticket to the park to get the the"other" shop. In short a pain to get because you need to take a vacation to get it & it may still not be available. So eBay becomes a very reasonable method of getting these.

Disney & Hasbro toys come from the same China factories so despite people claiming otherwise Disney has no issues repurposing an existing toy or scrapping an existing project if they could make more money otherwise.
    Wait where are you seeing it? All we got was a shadow image which may or may not even be the actual size comparison to a droid next to it, some thought it might be a controller if it moves electronically like the Vintage.

I was just responding to the other post.
    If. Like the shadow picture shows it's a reissue of past crawlers or just similar sized I'd rather build my own

if another site is correct & it's just a figure carrying case then it's probably not worth the hype we are giving it.

We only know this thing has been delayed for a mystery reason & if Disney things this might be a dud then let's have fun with the speculation
      Spoiler:  

Feedback BST

Current rumor is it’s being held for the 2019 Galaxy’s Edge opening. I spoke with a CM at Disney Springs today and that was their comments. Also, the Starspeeder 1000 is pulled and is likely getting a package “reimagining” and adding a TLJ Crait scene card, the way it was repackaged after the TFA Jakku scene was updated on the toy
    WANTS: Vintage Collection Target Snowspeeder box ONLY; vintage POTF last 17 accessories

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718