Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Force of Destiny figures

After seeing these on the shelves, the Artoo is almost to scale with the 6" line. Not so sure about Wicket though.
    A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing. -George Lucas

I picked up Sabine today at Target. The also had Rey (Jakku and Resistance), Leia (Hoth and Endor), and Jyn. I figured since Sabine is a cartoon anyways, the look works for her. We'll see if she fits in with the rest of my 12"
    Naughtiest lines in Star Wars:
    You came in that thing?! You're braver than I thought!
    Luke, at that speed will we be able to pull out in time?
    Back door huh? Good idea.

Have seen various figures at TRU and Target in the Star Wars section, and WalMart in the doll section, near the DC Superhero dolls. Hard to say where they will end up though, since both Target and Wal_Mart are in clearance disarray as far as shelf space and resetting for the fall. TRU had shelf tags for them though, in the SW section.

I cracked Sabine open yesterday. It's a pretty nice figure! The upper body is molded, but the lower half has pants and boots that come off easily, with slits down the back of the boots so they are easy to get on and off (for changing her outfits). All the armor pads snap on and off, but because of this aren't painted or detailed. The helmet fits perfectly and looks good, but the range finder doesn't move. She's fully articulated, and comes with an action feature. She has a quick draw waist turn feature that is supposed to work when you squeeze her legs, but I'd say either mine's a dud or just doesn't generally work that well.

As for general look, she's all over the place. Her hair is blue, so that's season 2. Her chest armor seems to confirm this. But her hair is a little longer than it appears in the show, and the rest of her season 2 gear is not here - the extra pockets, the bracers, the flares on her boots. Her skin tone is also much darker than in the show or on any other figure of her. I wonder if that was a conscious decision to give her more 'ethnicity'.

For $20 I have no complaints. It's a really nice figure and there is alot of play value here. I think there's enough here that a good customizer could make a really nice 12" Sabine.
    Naughtiest lines in Star Wars:
    You came in that thing?! You're braver than I thought!
    Luke, at that speed will we be able to pull out in time?
    Back door huh? Good idea.

As a late 40's guy, I'm sure I'm not in the demographic that these 12" dolls are aiming for - LOL. However, I am tempted to get the Sabine Wren - very cool looking figure.

Though the figures may be 12" scale, the Wicket Ewok that comes with the Endor Leia figure definitely is not; I had a 12" scale Wicket that came out in the late '90's (Hasbro line), and that was somewhat larger than this newer one.

My younger sister (age 43) and my niece (age 11) collect 12" Disney high end dolls. Villains only. They have expressed great interest in this line but are sticking to their Villians focus. Hopefully they will branch out and make female villain characters, perhaps Aurra Sing, Assaj Ventress, Darth Talon, Govenor Price come to mind

personally I would love to see Female Jedi made particularly Shaak Ti and Aayla Secura. Tonnika Sisters would be a super cool unique choice. Yeah I know about the whole licensing problem but it's 40 years ago for goodness sake

Quote Originally Posted by naboo_pilot View Post
    personally I would love to see Female Jedi made particularly Shaak Ti and Aayla Secura. Tonnika Sisters would be a super cool unique choice. Yeah I know about the whole licensing problem but it's 40 years ago for goodness sake
    I would be all over a FOD Tonnika Sisters two-pack in a New York minute. However, I don't see a two-pack of dolls being produced before they ever make the actual action figures of these characters. The Tonnikas have been on SW fan's want(s) list since the 1990's, and it's my understanding that they haven't been made due to issues involving the actresses who played the sisters not signing over permission for their likenesses to be portrayed as figures. IIRC, one of the actresses has since passed, but the other is still alive & I'm sure that the families are somehow involved/aware of the situation. I don't see these figures ever being made because of this. Lflm./Disney is not going to fork over money to the actresses/families for "permission" to use their likenesses, especially given that there are plethora of other human characters/aliens/robots they can make figures from in all of the numerous films that don't involve likeness issues like this.

Just my .02.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123