Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Force of Destiny figures

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon_Gunner View Post
    You reckon the Chewbacca looks decent?

Might want to look its face again.......

Looks more like Bigfoot than Chewbacca.
    Well, though it doesn't look that screen-accurate, I definitely think this Chewie is far superior to most other 12" relatively inexpensive versions from Hasbro. The flocked Chewbacca from around 1997 looked like a stuffed animal, and the 1999/2000 12" Plastic Chewie looked awful.

Sure, the more recent very expensive Hot Toys/Sideshow Chewie looks much better than the previous versions. But, this is in a whole other ball park due to the extreme expense of the figure.

Quote Originally Posted by ThallJoben View Post
    Well, though it doesn't look that screen-accurate, I definitely think this Chewie is far superior to most other 12" relatively inexpensive versions from Hasbro. The flocked Chewbacca from around 1997 looked like a stuffed animal, and the 1999/2000 12" Plastic Chewie looked awful.

Sure, the more recent very expensive Hot Toys/Sideshow Chewie looks much better than the previous versions. But, this is in a whole other ball park due to the extreme expense of the figure.
    Still looks horrible to me and nothing at all like Chewbacca.

My daughters, 12 and 8, are beyond excited for this line, and I think the dolls look superb (perhaps excepting Chewie). Ahsoka looks like to winner so far, though I doubt we'll only be buying her. I anticipate picking up a number of these for my daughters' collection. They will go very well with their DC heroes, Monster High and Ever After High dolls. More than anything, i am just thrilled that Hasbro is recognizing this segment of the fandom. For many years my daughters have been irritated by the lack of product centered around their interests (still no Ahsoka roleplay lightsabers?). This is great and i hope it does well for Disney, Lucasfilm and Hasbro.

These look like the best Jyn, and Rey versions available currently. I was an action c9ollection collector through the entire run and the slightly stylized cartoony look of these will fit in nicely. My Action collection Slave Leia is as cartoony as these are and isn't articulated as well, besides its a way to get a scaled BB8. These beat the dreadful titans series in every way.
    Dea wanna wanga

...reading back did someone mention a snips? I cant find a pic if that yet.
    Dea wanna wanga

Quote Originally Posted by darth_sidious View Post
    I'm all for Hasbro reaching out to different audiences, especially girls and female collectors - and promoting the strong female heroes of the SW universe.
    It's obviously been done before during Episode I with the Padme Amidala line. This time, we're getting more than one character rather than redresses of the same character. My now teenage daughter is quite taken by this line, but we're still on the fence about acquiring another SW subline. We tried a similar thing with the Hunger Games figures when it was all the rave a couple years back, but as any parent of young girls would know, interests potentially shift time and time again.
    No time to answer stupid questions! - Decepticon Swindle

Quote Originally Posted by War_in_The_floor View Post
    ...besides its a way to get a scaled BB8.
    Scaled to what though? Both BB8 and R2 look super tiny compared to these dolls.
    Feedback thread
    Don't need a somewhat newer jocular since the older legacy collection hypnosis arena two pack jocular is still great and thing is that do all attack of the Clones Jedi figures really need jedi robes?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12