Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: EA Star Wars Battlefront II

Quote Originally Posted by Atari View Post
    Amazon finally added the disk version for pre-order with prime discount. I'll be the one running around with low level stuff getting my #!@ kicked since I won't be buying anything else with real money.
    Thanks for the Amazon heads up, saved $17 on this.
    Last edited by smiles_hope; 11-13-2017 at 09:14 PM.
    Its called a tan. I live on a lava planet.
    Iím very good at backflips. I believe I overshot my target. And Iím on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by 104749 View Post
    Welp, I guess they got what they wanted. Another case of a game designed by Reddit, for Reddit.

In any case, here's the thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBat...ocked/dppum98/
    "They wanted" lol. So you would have preferred the Hero unlock cost stay at the stupid high price (cost being credits or real money)? That's an apologist attitude if I've ever seen one.

Truthfully they didn't fix anything anyway. The problem isn't/wasn't the cost - it's the way the progression system in total is just a ploy to buy loot crates.

Quote Originally Posted by HothHan View Post
    "They wanted" lol. So you would have preferred the Hero unlock cost stay at the stupid high price (cost being credits or real money)? That's an apologist attitude if I've ever seen one.

Truthfully they didn't fix anything anyway. The problem isn't/wasn't the cost - it's the way the progression system in total is just a ploy to buy loot crates.
    I don't want to get into it here, because I've seen what happens when I present my opinion on Reddit, and it's not pretty - short answer is, I like progression. I like unlocks. I like rewards. I was kind of looking forward to a long-term, end-game goal in which I get to unlock the most iconic and (presumably) powerful heroes for use in multiplayer. Should the mood strike me, I could of course play as any of the heroes in arcade without restrictions. Evidently not a very popular opinion, but that's okay (just don't call me a shill). And the monetized shortcuts? Well, DICE has been including those since the Bad Company days, so that really shouldn't have come as a surprise to anyone. People have been shouting the "P2W" argument for years when it comes to EA games, but those claims are always virtually unfounded when push comes to shove, at least in my experience. Personally, I'm not too worried about that with BFII. I will play until I get tired of it.

I actually appreciate progression/unlocks like this too. For me it adds to the replay value of the game. It's what keeps me coming back to Battlefield 1. After hours and hours of playing the same maps over and over again, games like this can seem tedious. Having a goal to work towards helps to break up the monotony. I am a pretty patient person, so I don't ever feel the need to pay for the easy way out. It kind of takes away from the feeling of accomplishment. If a company can make money on the short attention span kids who have to "have it now", good for them.
    Feedback thread
    Don't need a somewhat newer jocular since the older legacy collection hypnosis arena two pack jocular is still great and thing is that do all attack of the Clones Jedi figures really need jedi robes?

Booooooy Reddit is a dumpster fire right now. I don't know how any of these idiots didn't think there would be an EA catch to “no season pass.” The problem is, the credit system needs improvement. If the credit system was the same as BF2015, then you could unlock Chewie/Leia in a day.
    "Jar Jar is the key to all of this."
    - George Lucas

For hardcore Battlefield FPS players maybe the idea of some long grindy road to get a more powerful barrel for a gun is worthwhile and I understand that completely. If you put in enough time you should get rewarded. I had no problem with the concept of high vales placed on the heroes (which is essentially just better firepower). For me personally the heroes thing mattered even less because not once in all my hours playing Battlefront 1 did I switch to a hero in multiplayer. I liked being a trooper and when I got cut down by someone playing as Vader it didn't bother me. But at least that guy didn't just plop down some real cash to be Vader. Say what you will about the tokens in the first game but at least it was fair. The crate system is what sucks here because you can BUY your more powerful items. What fun is it for casual Star Wars fans to jump in to a multiplayer game and get slaughtered right away cause some guy dropped an extra $100. This isn't like an MMO where a good enough player can still be good without the best gear ("the skills make the player not the gear"). Here you jack up a blaster and you can shred the map. It's a casual shooter with Star Wars characters that now has an overly complicated upgrade system (which has already been called out in multiple reviews) even without the P2W aspect. For all Battlefront 1 faults at least the simplicity of drove away the hardcore FPS guys.

I'll step out now because I cancelled my pre-order and I no longer have a right to complain about something I am not buying or playing.

It's worth pointing out that you don't explicitly pay for Vader or the other heroes; it's actually very expensive to use the crystal currency with the intention of unlocking heroes. The system simply isn't designed with that in mind. Credits from crates are a byproduct of getting duplicates, and these only kick in when you have a sizeable collection. I think it was Gamespot that reported that after spending $100 they could still not acquire enough credits to get Vader. So the notion that heroes (or the ludicrous "half the game" claim) are locked behind a pay wall isn't really accurate.

I'm with you on the heroes, I really don't play with them. I rarely play as them, they just don't interest me. And I grew to really hate seeing them in the first game, because they're so overpowered and unbalanced. There was literally nothing I could do against them. In fact, part of me loves the fact that Vader (who looks to be one of the more powerful of the heroes) used to be locked behind a high grind wall. It means I won't have every game ruined by a clown on the enemy team playing in cheat mode and I could actually play Galactic Assault mode. Instead, I'll be playing Strike and Blast.

Another thing, gamers have been conditioned to want to "progress", and it's really not clear why this is so absolutely essential for enjoying a game. It's like they're not even playing the game to just play the game anymore, it's all about getting what is a secondary reward.

I saw on Facebook someone completed the campaign in 4 hours. There can't be much content to be over that quick.
    My FOR SALE Thread >>> My WANT TO BUY Thread >>> My FEEDBACK Thread
    Black Series 6" Wish List: Destroyer Droid, Bespin Han, Hoth Leia, TPM Obi-Wan, X-Wing Pilot Wedge Antilles, Count Dooku, Bodhi Rook
    >>>Instagram: jarrett_austin<<<

And from most of the reviews I’ve looked at the story is pretty blah too.

Anyone who goes on Reddit... don't go on ANY GAMING SUBS. It's pure cringe. Anyone who even bought the game is being labeled a sheep and an idiot. The devs did the AMA where they gave (pretty vague) answers stating that they intend to overhaul progression and crates soon and of course Reddit still isn't happy.

Also, this gem. It's Disney's fault now!
    https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comm...portion_of_ea/
    "Jar Jar is the key to all of this."
    - George Lucas

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast