Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: EA Star Wars Battlefront II

It looks like at launch, based on the results of hackers, there will be no option to play Galactic Assault or Starfighter Assault offline. Just many modes that more less have the same basis. Either Team Play, where you eliminate a certain amount of enemies before they do the same to you, and Onslaught where you are a hero needing to eliminate a certain amount of enemies before time runs out. Also we'll have access to 6 maps: Yavin 4, Kamino, Tatooine, Starkiller Base, Takodana, and Naboo. These maps will also be small scale.

During Team Play in arcade mode, the max number of troopers you can have is 10 vs 10. Even in Battlefront we still got Skirmish with 20 vs 20 on the full online maps (less DLC). That was months after launch however.

At least in Team Play you can play as all four classes, two reinforcements, and the heroes.

It's unfortunate as I feel the desire is simple among most offline gamers: just give us the online modes and maps. Here's hoping after launch Arcade will get a DLC or two.
    Last edited by Hell_Hawk_33; 10-16-2017 at 04:29 PM.
    My FOR SALE Thread >>> My WANT TO BUY Thread >>> My FEEDBACK Thread
    Black Series 6" Wish List: General Grievous, Destroyer Droid, Bespin Han, Hoth Leia, TPM Obi-Wan, X-Wing Pilot Wedge Antilles, Count Dooku
    >>>Instagram: jarrett_austin<<<

That's unfortunate. I wish they wouldn't alienate non online players, it can't be that difficult to make all maps playable for everyone.
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2, Hera. BAD R4-X2 & Y5-X2 Have: MU Rogue Captain America, Grim Reaper, WW Hulk. SW:Rebels Stormtroopers from 2-pks X2, IG-RM. 6" Snowtrooper, AT-AT Driver Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    That's unfortunate. I wish they wouldn't alienate non online players, it can't be that difficult to make all maps playable for everyone.
    No it can't be, but my guess is they want players to be forced into the online world if they want certain modes. I also forgot to mention it appears not a single offline mode offers the use of vehicles or starfighters if you can believe it. Even Battlefront had training missions at launch that included various vehicles and ships.

My hope is that after some time has passed, a Skirmish mode will be added to Arcade with Galactic Assault and Starfighter modes, complete with their full maps and all reinforcements.
    Black Series 6" Wish List: General Grievous, Destroyer Droid, Bespin Han, Hoth Leia, TPM Obi-Wan, X-Wing Pilot Wedge Antilles, Count Dooku

Sweet jesus dong, that's ridiculous. Absolutely stupid that I have to play online just to have access to half the game and it sounds like the story mode barely exists. I suck at flying so I'm sure that will be a ton of fun getting killed every 5 seconds by far superior players. I'll keep hoping against hope for this game because I want to like it but sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkManX View Post
    I'll keep hoping against hope for this game because I want to like it but sheesh.
    I'm with you. If you read back in this thread before the new details and beta were released I was one of the biggest supporters of this game. I honestly thought EA and Dice had heard the fans and were going to knock our socks off with Battlefront II. I do not have that same confidence now.

I don't totally hate games like this, as I will occasional play online with friends. But we cannot always find time to all together all the time, so it's nice to have an alternative game play style. Also, sometimes I just like exploring maps. But you can't because you're killed very 5 seconds by some random player...
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2, Hera. BAD R4-X2 & Y5-X2 Have: MU Rogue Captain America, Grim Reaper, WW Hulk. SW:Rebels Stormtroopers from 2-pks X2, IG-RM. 6" Snowtrooper, AT-AT Driver Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Hawk_33 View Post
    I'm with you. If you read back in this thread before the new details and beta were released I was one of the biggest supporters of this game. I honestly thought EA and Dice had heard the fans and were going to knock our socks off with Battlefront II. I do not have that same confidence now.
    You don't think they heard the fans, at least to a small degree? People cried for months (and still are) because the first one didn't have a campaign... well, check that one off. People cried for months because it didn't include anything pre or post-OT... check that off, too. Same thing with space battles and a better hero selection. For a core multiplayer game, there's quite a lot of stuff at launch in the way of single-player offerings, including an Instant Action-esqe mode, which is absolutely awesome - personally, I can't wait for November.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516