Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: EA Star Wars Battlefront II

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    And I heard that the story mode is very short, almost as an afterthought possibly.
    Yep. I believe it's only 4 maps. IMO it will probably be like a glorified tutorial.
    My FOR SALE Thread >>> My WANT TO BUY Thread >>> My FEEDBACK Thread
    Black Series 6" Wish List: General Grievous, Destroyer Droid, Bespin Han, Hoth Leia, TPM Obi-Wan, X-Wing Pilot Wedge Antilles, Count Dooku
    >>>Instagram: jarrett_austin<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Hawk_33 View Post
    Yep. I believe it's only 4 maps. IMO it will probably be like a glorified tutorial.
    That really is a shame. I was hoping we'd get a full next-gen Star Wars campaign. But the fact that this game took what, a year and a half to develop? My hopes weren’t high to begin with the campaign. I think SSB Brawl was delayed a full year just to finish Subspace Emissary.
    "Jar Jar is the key to all of this."
    - George Lucas

There's no denying that the heart and soul of Battlefield (and by extension, Battlefront) is the online multiplayer portion of the game. It's always been like that. If that's not your bag, then this probably isn't the game for you. I've never been too big on the campaign modes myself. For me, I have always enjoyed the CoD campaigns (but not the online multiplayer) but not been a big fan of the Battlefield campaigns. With that said, I will say that I think DICE has stepped up their game lately (no pun intended) as far as campaigns go. I have really enjoyed both the Battlefield 4 and Battlefield 1 campaigns. I'm interested to see what they come up with for Battlefront II.

Also, to say it is catering to the "CoD crowd" is a little off the mark though. CoD and Battlefield, while both online shooters are vastly different games. Battlefield is really more of a team based experience, or is supposed to be, with vehicles and defined objectives to accomplish where as CoD is more of a run and gun, see who can rack up the most kills kind of game.
    Feedback thread
    Don't need a somewhat newer jocular since the older legacy collection hypnosis arena two pack jocular is still great and thing is that do all attack of the Clones Jedi figures really need jedi robes?

At its core, they're both essentially the same to me. However, Battlefield has a little more going for it.

And as I/you mention, this game is probably not for me. But what Game is? Is there a current SW game aimed at gamer like me? No, that is my frustration.
    We already have two BF games and nothing else.

Assassin Creed games are cranked out almost every two years, seem to do well despite the same mechanics just different characters. Not to mention the countless other games released every year. So story based campaign games are still viable option.

If they want to have that multiplayer option, why not do a Republic Commando sequel? As happy as I am for everyone who likes these games, it would be nice to get something "everyone" can enjoy.
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2, Hera. BAD R4-X2 & Y5-X2 Have: MU Rogue Captain America, Grim Reaper, WW Hulk. SW:Rebels Stormtroopers from 2-pks X2, IG-RM. 6" Snowtrooper, AT-AT Driver Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Out of curiosity, where did you hear that?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Ray View Post
    There's no denying that the heart and soul of Battlefield (and by extension, Battlefront) is the online multiplayer portion of the game. It's always been like that. If that's not your bag, then this probably isn't the game for you. I've never been too big on the campaign modes myself. For me, I have always enjoyed the CoD campaigns (but not the online multiplayer) but not been a big fan of the Battlefield campaigns. With that said, I will say that I think DICE has stepped up their game lately (no pun intended) as far as campaigns go. I have really enjoyed both the Battlefield 4 and Battlefield 1 campaigns. I'm interested to see what they come up with for Battlefront II.

Also, to say it is catering to the "CoD crowd" is a little off the mark though. CoD and Battlefield, while both online shooters are vastly different games. Battlefield is really more of a team based experience, or is supposed to be, with vehicles and defined objectives to accomplish where as CoD is more of a run and gun, see who can rack up the most kills kind of game.
    I don't know why, but the game seems to take bits from Overwatch in some aspects. Loot boxes, more focus on objectives, the elimination system. It really seems to combine a lot of aspects of almost every popular shooter.
    "Jar Jar is the key to all of this."
    - George Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by 104749 View Post
    Out of curiosity, where did you hear that?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNR5rZTvors

If you skip ahead to the 1:00 mark, you'll see a breakdown of single player maps and multiplayer maps.
    Black Series 6" Wish List: General Grievous, Destroyer Droid, Bespin Han, Hoth Leia, TPM Obi-Wan, X-Wing Pilot Wedge Antilles, Count Dooku

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNR5rZTvors

If you skip ahead to the 1:00 mark, you'll see a breakdown of single player maps and multiplayer maps.
    I interpreted that as meaning that those maps would only be exclsuive to the singe-player portion of the game, not just the only maps you get to play on period. I guess we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by 104749 View Post
    I interpreted that as meaning that those maps would only be exclsuive to the singe-player portion of the game, not just the only maps you get to play on period. I guess we shall see.
    Yeah that could be. Guess we won't find out until launch.

Here's some leaked footage of Arcade Mode. Looks like it has all the features of standard multiplayer, except objectives (this particular just shows basic TDM, by the looks of it):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZVLk9bGjzE&t=114s

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast