Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: EA Star Wars Battlefront II

Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Hawk_33 View Post

Something else I wanted to bring up in regards to Battle Points and spending them is from a Star Wars HQ video. The guys brought up this discussion and raised some good points as even they think something needs to be changed here. First off vehicles/starfighters and reinforcements aren't being used as often because everyone is saving points for heroes, usually. By the time someone gets to 5000 the match is typically close to moving inside, rendering vehicles and starfighters useless.

To remedy this they suggested something like the following:

1) Drop the amount of Battle Points required to purchase each item encouraging players to buy early and often. This would bring more vehicles and starfighters into the match.

2) Create a queue. Once you've purchased a hero, vehicle, or reinforcement, you're then bumped to the back of the line (for that same item) and need to wait until you reach the top of the queue again to purchase the same item.
    Brilliant! These 2 fixes alone would increase my feelings on the game 10-fold.
    ~Words of Wisdom~
    You can disagree with someone, without personally insulting them.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueKnite View Post
    I don't think it's an issue of harder or being OP. It boils down to how I, personally, want to engage with the game. I want to play a game where my choices/options are not inhibited by other players’ choices. If I die, I want to respawn immediately, not wait until 3 other people die as well, so that then I can respawn. If I want to jetpack around the map, I should be able to & not have to wait until one of the "jet trooper" spots opens up. If I want to play as Maul & have enough points, I should be able to within a reasonable amount of time,& not have to wait until the one spot opens up (which never does). I spend enough time waiting on line in real life, I don't want that in my video games. Especially waiting that goes no where. If the battle points rolled over from match to match, that might be a solution. Ultimately, access to more powerful vehicles & characters should be equal across all players, not favored towards those that are inherently skilled at FPS.
    But wait, isn't that what people from the first game wanted? More "regulation" so to speak? I swear I never heard end of stuff about the habitual jetpack (and for all we know, this still might be a star card in the final game) users and hero gods. Personally? I don't care about heroes, I just like to shoot things as a Star Wars character. I die a lot, but hey, that's just part of the experience.

Battlefront II is really going to take some time for me to adjust to. I'm not a fan of the respawn. Thank goodness it was posted in here that you can turn off the damn roll in the flight games. I've got a lot of hours into the original game. And I'm far from an "expert" gamer. I did reach level 100 but that was just because of overall point accumulation. Only recently have I gotten to the point where I can get double digit kills.

I can't see myself ever advancing very far in this game, as I have been killed so frequently. This points per round to be able to play as a hero is going to be very far out of reach for me for quite some time. I don't understand the crate thing. How are you supposed to be able to use the cards you receive in them? You get one every day you log in, but this is only a Beta. Will all of our stuff be saved into our account when we get the real game?

Quote Originally Posted by starwarsfan007 View Post
    But wait, isn't that what people from the first game wanted? More "regulation" so to speak? I swear I never heard end of stuff about the habitual jetpack (and for all we know, this still might be a star card in the final game) users and hero gods.
    I never heard that, but I'm not surprised. The only times I used the jet pack was to avoid spending most of the match sprinting towards the front lines after respawning.
    ~Words of Wisdom~
    You can disagree with someone, without personally insulting them.

While I haven't played the Beta, I was lucky enough to play in the Alpha test. I put in many hours on BF1 too. I, for one, appreciate the point based acquisition of heroes, starfighters, etc. It's not just about kills, it rewards playing the objective. That's one thing that really bothered me about the first one. People either camping the spawn points for the heroes, AT-ATs, etc or just running around lone wolfing it. Battlefront/Battlefield is not Call of Duty, it requires a team effort. The BF franchise has always been about teamwork. I play a lot of Battlefield and Battlefront and, while I don't always necessarily rack up the kills, I consistently score towards the top because I play the objective. It's not that hard to do...and it's a lot easier if you have a good team or squad onboard with you. Anything they can do to encourage this type of play is greatly appreciated.
    Feedback thread
    Don't need a somewhat newer jocular since the older legacy collection hypnosis arena two pack jocular is still great and thing is that do all attack of the Clones Jedi figures really need jedi robes?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Ray View Post
    While I haven't played the Beta, I was lucky enough to play in the Alpha test. I put in many hours on BF1 too. I, for one, appreciate the point based acquisition of heroes, starfighters, etc. It's not just about kills, it rewards playing the objective. That's one thing that really bothered me about the first one. People either camping the spawn points for the heroes, AT-ATs, etc or just running around lone wolfing it. Battlefront/Battlefield is not Call of Duty, it requires a team effort. The BF franchise has always been about teamwork. I play a lot of Battlefield and Battlefront and, while I don't always necessarily rack up the kills, I consistently score towards the top because I play the objective. It's not that hard to do...and it's a lot easier if you have a good team or squad onboard with you. Anything they can do to encourage this type of play is greatly appreciated.
    Exactly. You earn the right to be the hero by playing well - it's a reward. Pretty sure that's also how it worked in the '05 BF2.

Regardless, this game caters to the COD/Multiplayer crowd. So however you slice it, it isn't for me or a few others who prefer Single player campaign style of gaming.
    When they finally decide to make that game, ie Bounty Hunter 2, KotOR3, or something new based on that gaming style. These games will always be a pass for me.

Heck I'd even settle for a Galactic Battlegrounds update!
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2, Hera. BAD R4-X2 & Y5-X2 Have: MU Rogue Captain America, Grim Reaper, WW Hulk. SW:Rebels Stormtroopers from 2-pks X2, IG-RM. 6" Snowtrooper, AT-AT Driver Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    Regardless, this game caters to the COD/Multiplayer crowd. So however you slice it, it isn't for me or a few others who prefer Single player campaign style of gaming.
    When they finally decide to make that game, ie Bounty Hunter 2, KotOR3, or something new based on that gaming style. These games will always be a pass for me.

Heck I'd even settle for a Galactic Battlegrounds update!
    But BF2 will have a campaign, and also a multiplayer-esque mode with bots. I honestly think DICE did a pretty decent job of a catering to a wide array of gamers with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by 104749 View Post
    But BF2 will have a campaign, and also a multiplayer-esque mode with bots. I honestly think DICE did a pretty decent job of a catering to a wide array of gamers with this one.
    The concern for some of us is how much of a story mode there is. I got bored running around and shooting stuff for no real reason years ago

And I heard that the story mode is very short, almost as an afterthought possibly.
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2, Hera. BAD R4-X2 & Y5-X2 Have: MU Rogue Captain America, Grim Reaper, WW Hulk. SW:Rebels Stormtroopers from 2-pks X2, IG-RM. 6" Snowtrooper, AT-AT Driver Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast