Thread: A Couple Black Series 6" Snowtroopers Out And About

A Couple Black Series 6" Snowtroopers Out And About

Please don't any creative person think this is my true attempt at telling a story. Recently we had almost two feet of snow, and before it melted too much, I took a couple BS 6" Snowtroopers out to take some pics. After I was editing them, several of them felt like they could be arranged almost into a little adventure. Not a true story though, more like a series of post cards that mark several moments of an adventure. Again, not taken to tell a story as I've never done that. Just a few pics for myself that ended up looking like they could suggest an adventure.

Out to recon a suspected (but inevitably abandoned) Rebel base, our two Imperial friends find themselves separated from the group, and off the map.

One lad finds himself going nowhere in a cave

when the other spots something that makes him think they should try a different direction.

However, he also finds the tracks of some beast and they reconsider the wisdom in going this way.

They finally find themselves upon a rudimentary road and decide to follow it, hoping to make contact with whoever cleared it, and to eventually rejoin their group.

For something simple that ended up being created from a coincidence, I hope you found it amusing. Please don't judge/critique it as a planned attempt at storytelling. They were not taken with any thought as to being connected. The fact that one of them never changes his pose shows this.
    Republic Commando; greatest EU storyline ever. Its failure to complete is a genuine literary loss.
    Now the entire EU's failure to continue, to even matter, is a greater loss.
    My Feedback Thread In Here ---> http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1084715/

Cool story bro.

Those are some nice photos. 6" figures look better than 3.75 in some natural settings.

Thanks for posting. Are the 6 inch troopers normally that off-white or is it just the light? They almost look brown to me. They don't sell those anywhere near where I live, so I never get to see them in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_****ensian View Post
    Thanks for posting. Are the 6 inch troopers normally that off-white or is it just the light? They almost look brown to me. They don't sell those anywhere near where I live, so I never get to see them in person.
    Yes, the fabric portions of their uniform are what I would call tan. Some think yellow, some call it something quite rude. And there seemed to be two different degrees of muddy paint application, lighter and heavier. Mainly on the boots I believe the distinction is. The mud up the kama (skirt) on my two goes to different heights, even though I seem to have two of the dirtier version.
    Here's the topic itself linked in, it caused a lot of pro and anti commentary. I am of the opinion that the tan is/was screen accurate, and I posted pics of a uniform I saw in person. I think it is the Kenner vintage that has so many believing in all white, and the many Hasbro 3.75" versions that have gone with shades of grey or perhaps light blue, that have people thinking tan is wrong. But even if it is correct, some feel it may be too strong a color, that it should be more subtle, and maybe no dirt/mud at all.
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1126113
    Republic Commando; greatest EU storyline ever. Its failure to complete is a genuine literary loss.
    Now the entire EU's failure to continue, to even matter, is a greater loss.
    My Feedback Thread In Here ---> http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1084715/