Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Custom Action Fleet Partisan X-wing from Rogue One

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveSlaveLeia View Post
    You could absolutely use the iPhone for videos! I suppose it depends on what model you have. I think the 6S is supposed to do 720P video on the front (FaceTime) camera! As for holding it up, Amazon has a bunch of Tripods for $20 or less. My wife bought one of the flexible octopus tripods for taking family photos, and it works well.
    Sounds good, I'll definitely keep an eye out. I have the regular iphone 6.

Quote Originally Posted by itsme View Post
    Cool! Looking forward to see the final product.

In progress. I bought the SW Rebels Phantom (X-Wing Games) months ago and the paintings are too good for kit bashing. I decided to use the MM Phantom instead. Size is about the same See below (X-Wing Games vs MM)

I bought several micro drills (0.2mm). For Phase 1, I try to upgrade this MM Phantom with a foldable wings and retractable guns. Once completed, I'll move on to its Action Fleet size docking bay (Phase 2). I am not sure if I can do it as this MM Phantom is too small for a customised hinge.
    That looks cool! I noticed if you take the top wing off an Action Fleet Tydirium, it resembles the Phantom a bit.

I finally finished my custom Red Leader X-wing with Garven Dreis and R5-K6. I used a Biggs Red 3 X-wing, with the white bands on the engines. Red Leader's X-wing never really had any color, it was rather bland. I took it apart, and used nail polish remover to take off the red rings on the engines. Next, I painted a red stripe on both sides of the body, also connecting them in doing so. After that, I dry brushed the white bands on the engines - both the white bands in the back and front a light gray, then went over the ones in the front with a light blue. I also used the light blue for the canopy. I am basing this off of the model from Lucasfilm. I dry brushed the light gray again over 2 red stripes on the wings, then gave the ship a wash to weather it.

For the figures, I used a basic Luke figure and an R5 unit from the Yavin binoculars Micro Machines playset. I repainted the gloves and boots black. I repainted most of the helmet with a beige color. It was a skin tone color that closely matched Red Leader's helmet. I left the middle white, along with the red stripe. Finally I added in 4 red dots, 2 on each side. Lastly I repainted the R5 unit red and added in the black details.

I've been wanting to do this X-wing for the longest time, and am very happy to have it done.

That's awesome! Looks good!

By the way, thanks for sharing on R5D4 from Bino playset. It does look like AF size! The only R5D4 that I have is from pre-AF Droid set and it is bigger than AF R2s.

I may be wrong but this bino playset could the only set having AF size R5D4.

That's awesome! Looks good!

By the way, thanks for sharing on R5D4 from Bino playset. It does look like AF size! The only R5D4 that I have is from pre-AF Droid set and it is bigger than AF R2s.

I may be wrong but this bino playset could the only set having AF size R5D4.
    Thanks, appreciate it! Now I have Reds 1-6, although the Red 4 I have is for Hobbie. I might just redo it for John Branon instead.

I forgot to mention, the R5 unit won't fit in the X-wing unless you modify the peg hole. I used my dremel to widen/deepen the peg hole just a tad. It was very quick, 1-2 seconds. Now it fits perfectly. I've bought X-wings where if you turn them upside down the astromech falls out. Very annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldleaderone View Post
    Thanks, appreciate it! Now I have Reds 1-6, although the Red 4 I have is for Hobbie. I might just redo it for John Branon instead.

I forgot to mention, the R5 unit won't fit in the X-wing unless you modify the peg hole. I used my dremel to widen/deepen the peg hole just a tad. It was very quick, 1-2 seconds. Now it fits perfectly. I've bought X-wings where if you turn them upside down the astromech falls out. Very annoying.
    Would it be possible to insert a tiny magnet in to them without the modification?

Great customs and I love the Partisan one in particular. I'm headed over to your YT channel, but I am thinking of practicing some customs. What paints do you find work the best?
    Star Wars Micro Machines Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by BlindJedi View Post
    Would it be possible to insert a tiny magnet in to them without the modification?

Great customs and I love the Partisan one in particular. I'm headed over to your YT channel, but I am thinking of practicing some customs. What paints do you find work the best?
    Thanks! I forgot to mention it was the peg hole on the R5 unit that I modified. I never thought about a magnet, I'll have to try it at some point. Although none of the X-wings I have currently have that problem, thankfully.

I always use Games Workshop Paints. They are very good and I've been using them for quite a few years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldleaderone
    I forgot to mention, the R5 unit won't fit in the X-wing unless you modify the peg hole.
    It looks good in the X-wing after widening its peg hole. Thanks for the info. I'll get this R5D4 to my AF collection. By the way, do you have a comparison photo of this R5 with any AF R2?

It looks good in the X-wing after widening its peg hole. Thanks for the info. I'll get this R5D4 to my AF collection. By the way, do you have a comparison photo of this R5 with any AF R2?
    Yeah of course. From left to right - Y-wing astromech, R5 unit customized into R5-K6, R2-D2 and basic white/black droid used with Biggs and Porkins' X-wing. Once I get a thinner paint brush I need to touch up R5-K6.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12