Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Rebels: S03: EP20 - Twin Suns

So no 3/4 Spider Robot Maul in Season 4?

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    ...Though I do think they should have showed the wound some how, just a glowing slash would have been fine. I'm still not sure where he actually got hit, it must have sliced through his torso right? It couldn't have gone through his head or he wouldn't have been able to speak in his final moments.
    Some say he is hit in the chest, but the nitpicky me believes that is not possible without hitting him in the face, by the way his stance is, when he is hit.
    - My first (ever) SW figure: Kenners Jedi Knight Luke
    My custom Hoth Rebel Turret thread

You can't see him hit at all, just the hilt. I've re-re-re-watched it. It's a cop-out.
    May you live in interesting times.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkManX View Post
    I'm not all that sure that we're supposed to like Ezra that much. I've pretty much expected him to have a falling out with the Ghost Crew since day one.
    I can understand he's not the next Luke, but I still believe they wanted audience to care about the character. I mean, people care about Vader, Boba, Maul... But I don't see the interest either way- as a hero, or possible villian. Not sure how much longer they will want to take this show, but I have been wondering lately if they would make Ezra a "Starkiller" type. I keep seeing similarities in this and the Force Unleashed video game story. Just a thought.
    Looking to trade?
    My Feedback - My Trade Thread

Quote Originally Posted by darthsatan View Post
    You can't see him hit at all, just the hilt. I've re-re-re-watched it. It's a cop-out.
    It's probably the best they could do on Disney XD. I do think I remember seeing smoke coming from his abdomen, indicating that he was hit, even if we don't see it.

I rewatched it also, it was so fast I too didn't see it really connect, and I was at first really surprised how quick it was over, but yeah the smoke helped. Looking back now, I'm glad it was a quick finish. Very pleased w/ him now at rest in these storylines. Now, what are the odds of the character appearing in a spin off production? His demise here wipes the threat of any confusion for "casual" fans, and he seems the best candidate for this regarding the Prequel era characters. Just speculation, of course-not trying to start a riot.
    Last edited by jpolli666; 03-20-2017 at 01:00 PM.

I think it was always going to be over quickly. Maul has spent the last decade doing nothing but planning his revenge against Kenobi. He hasn't grown at all - he is still the same person he was the first time they met. Obi-Wan on the other hand, has spent a decade learning more about the Force and growing more powerfull in it. Maul was really no more of an opponent to Obi-Wan than a Clonetrooper. I would love to see THIS Obi-Wan battle Dooku. Anakin wouldn't have had a chance.

I like to think that Maul's plan to was seek to destroy the Sith and that was his main plan. But Kenobi was that itch that needed to be scratched. Even though he knew that he should be seeking the true cause of his suffering in the Sith, Kenobi was just that piece of unfinished business that he could not let go of. Once he found out in the Crystal Ball holocrons that Kenobi was still alive on Tattooine, he could not resist seeking him out to make things final. He had spent all those years at the Sith Temple on Malacore to learn how to defeat the Sith, but once that holocron revealed Kenobi, he switched goals. Well, that's my though anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Oofa View Post
    Some say he is hit in the chest, but the nitpicky me believes that is not possible without hitting him in the face, by the way his stance is, when he is hit.
    Yeah thats what I was thinking as well. A question for Filoni at the Celebration panel I think
    Closure for the EU - Release The Sword of the Jedi Trilogy

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast