Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whatever happened to 6" Boba Fett jumbo? Will we see 6" jumbo Kenner@ 40th in 2017?

An entire line of these 6" figures would be great. And not done by Hasbro, which means we could actually buy the damn things I would prefer them to come in scaled-down reproductions of the 12" Kenner doll boxes, just for a change from the vintage cards.
    Last edited by Sturm86; 02-15-2017 at 01:05 PM.
    "Bobby U-Wing"

This is awesome, I really hope this line does arrive.
    It's a great time to be a Fett collector!

Quote Originally Posted by jerry1138 View Post
    This is awesome, I really hope this line does arrive.

Don't get your hopes up. It was teased in a very subtle way in a video from late 2015, and we never heard a thing about it after that or any official explanation from Gentle Giant reps. I bet we never get a 6" vintage line from GG, even though it would be super easy and cheap for GG to do since they already have the digital 3D scans of all of these figures. Disney and/or Hasbro may have stepped in and told them they can't do it due to some kind of conflict with Disney or Hasbro's own competing 6" lines (even though they aren't in the same style, and it's not a retail line).

That's just my guess though. That was reportedly the answer when Funko approached Disney 3 years ago about continuing a vintage style line of 3.75" Star Wars figures. Disney flat out told them NO because it conflicts with the current 3.75" license that Hasbro holds (which again is not in the same vintage style -- but Disney probably doesn't understand or care about that distinction).
    Last edited by Shabby_Blue; 02-15-2017 at 05:32 PM.
    Shabby Blue

It is my understanding that it is the size (height) of the figures that is contracted/licenced to the various toy companies, not necessarily the style or character likeness. It it why Kotobukiya can only sell their Star Wars figures as 'kits' because in this form they are not technically 'action figures' and as such don't conflict with licences held by other toy companies.
    I remember Hasbro had a hissy-fit years ago when Lego was granted the SW licence and indicated that they would produce mini-figures. Hasbro were of the belief that they had ALL rights for producing SW figures.....irrespective of the size.
    The only way GG could produce 6" figures would be for Hasbro to licence this size toy them (my guess of course).....like they did with the 12" figure licence that allows Sideshow/Hot Toys to produce figures in this scale.

There is no 6" Vintage Star Wars toy line from us. There never was. This screen capture was taken from a video out of context. The video was showing off the ability of 3D Systems' Colorjet printer, a printer that prints, well.. in full color. They just printed out the Boba Fett because at the time that data/model was available at the time of the video. The Stormtrooper helmet in that picture was also color printed on the same machine.

It wasn't a hint. It wasn't an announcement. It was never planned, never pitched. It was just a video for our parent company showing off the capabilities and and applications of one of their products.

D.

And there you have it. Official confirmation from GG. Wish Dan was working for them a year ago to dispell wild speculation like this. Thanks Dan!
    Shabby Blue

Quote Originally Posted by BithBandLeader View Post
    There is no 6" Vintage Star Wars toy line from us. There never was. This screen capture was taken from a video out of context. The video was showing off the ability of 3D Systems' Colorjet printer, a printer that prints, well.. in full color. They just printed out the Boba Fett because at the time that data/model was available at the time of the video. The Stormtrooper helmet in that picture was also color printed on the same machine.

It wasn't a hint. It wasn't an announcement. It was never planned, never pitched. It was just a video for our parent company showing off the capabilities and and applications of one of their products.

D.

Thanks for clearing this up, Dan.

What an amazing printer though... to do all those BF colours without paint. Very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by BithBandLeader View Post

D.
    Okay but...

we still want this line of figures to be made!
    "Bobby U-Wing"

A 6-inch line that mirrored what Hasbro is doing with their 40th Black series figures would've been pretty cool.

A 6-inch line that mirrored what Hasbro is doing with their 40th Black series figures would've been pretty cool.
    Couldn't agree more.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast