Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELPING OUT: Adam West & Burt Ward at Northeast Comic Con March 4th & 5th, 2017!

HELPING OUT: Adam West & Burt Ward at Northeast Comic Con March 4th & 5th, 2017!

Hello everyone!

The second convention of the year I’m attending, North East Comic Con (http://www.necomiccon.net/guests/), is in a couple weeks on March 4th & 5th. If interested, I can take items through March 2nd. I’ll need payments via PayPal (please send as a gift or cover the fees if you feel safer doing it that way), no later than March 1st.

Guests include:
    Adam West - $80 for photo or $100 for premium
    Burt Ward - $60 for photo or $80 for premium
    Mark Goddard - $25

Artists:
    Mark McKenna – ?
    Steve Geiger – ?

After the passing of Fred Westbrook (Adam West’s manager), I’m not sure if Mr. West is still insisting upon personalization. Please provide a name to sign to in case it is still required.

My fee for this show is $10 per signature obtained for 8x10’s or smaller (sent-in or picked-up) and $15 per signature obtained for anything larger. Shipping for 8x10’s or smaller is via USPS Priority Mail and is $6.65. It includes tracking and $50 insurance.

Everything will ship out the Monday after the convention, March 6th!

Message me for any help needed or with any questions.

Thank you!!
    Last edited by Obi1Kenobi; 02-17-2017 at 10:30 AM.

We're two weeks away from the convention!
    I can take items through March 2nd. I need payments via PayPal (please send as a gift or cover the fees if you feel safer doing it that way), no later than March 1st.

Nicholas Brendon was added this past weekend.

I would like to know if Adam West isn't personalizing. The Hollywood show said if you send in items for Adam West, he wouldn't personalize.

Quote Originally Posted by IMWOOKIE View Post
    I would like to know if Adam West isn't personalizing. The Hollywood show said if you send in items for Adam West, he wouldn't personalize.
    I'm sending an email to the convention and will let you know as soon as I get a response.

Update on Adam West's Personalization Stance:

I inquired about Mr. West' past insistence on personalization and was told that Mr. West is a very nice man and as far as the promoter knows, Mr. West will not be insisting on personalizing anything.

They also said that I can always approach the table, ask before giving him anything to sign, and then choose whether or not to get the autograph based on his response.

My ‘After-Convention Report’ for the Northeast Comic Con and Collectibles Extravaganza:

The show was Saturday and Sunday only, so it was a quick weekend. That said, I won’t be attending anymore of that promoter’s conventions...

I started Saturday just after Noon and I am very thankful I didn’t pay for the VIP pass. The lines were very manageable and the VIP was just not necessary.

First, I went to Mark Goddard’s table (which was immediately inside the door) and Mr. Goddard was taking a break when I got there. I asked the guy sitting behind the table how much Mr. Goddard was charging and the guy told me he didn’t know for sure… He said it was either $30 or $40. Mr. Goddard didn’t have any photos that appealed to me and his $30-$40 price was more than I cared to spend, so I passed on his signature.

Next I went searching for Adam West and Burt Ward. Before I got in line, I asked the promoter if Burt Ward had any Black & White photos of just Robin and he had already sprinted by me by the time he finished yelling, “They’ll sign anything for money!”. I told him that was okay but had to shout to ask my question again. He yelled over his shoulder (seven to eight yards away from me at this point), “Yes!”.

In case you’re wondering where he was off to in such a hurry, he went to a counter in the middle of the show floor and started to yell at his employees about a door or something… At that point I made my decision to not attend anymore of his conventions. This guy couldn’t take twelve seconds to listen to my question and actually answer it and decided to loudly berated his employees in front of everyone.

I joined the line for Mr. West & Mr. Ward and was at their table within 15 minutes. There was a man standing at the end of the line looking at items people were getting signed and he told me that everything I had was considered a premium item and I would have to pay premium prices for them to sign. I told them that I had cleared my item with the show promoter via email before the convention and was told that as long as it was flat, it was going to be the basic $80 for West and $60 for Ward.

The guy said that I’d have to talk to the agent if I had a problem with it. The agent, who was a foot away and listening to everything that was just said, asked what the problem was. I repeated it and he said, “That’s what they’re charging, you don’t have to get it signed.”. I told him I was aware of that and wouldn’t be doing so; that I’d just stick with photos off their counters (the convention was held in a closed JC Penny and the Batman actors were sitting at the former returns counter in a curtained off room). The agent asked me for a name to be personalized to and I told him that I only wanted the signature. He said Mr. West is only personalizing his autographs, so I refused to get him and skipped forward to Burt Ward.

Mr. Ward is an intense (but pleasant) man. This is only the second time I’ve seen him (third for Adam West). He was nice to me the first time and this meeting was no different. He immediately started signing after asking how I was and if I was enjoying myself (I lied to him and told him I was). We started conversing about his Gentle Giants dog organization and he became super serious (something I admire about him). We talked for at least 10 minutes and he even pulled out his cell phone and showed me pictures of his own (23) dogs and spoke about how old they are, their breeds and sizes. His oldest dog is 26 years old and is 6 inches taller than Shaquille O’Neal when the dog is standing on his back legs.

He gave tips on feeding, exercising, and generally caring for any of my own pets. It was like a private lesson on dog ownership from Mr. Ward and it was actually pretty interesting. Mr. Ward was a genuine person who spoke with interest, intelligence, and authority on the subject.

He finished signing and was quick to extend his hand and thank me for stopping by. I felt bad for holding up the line (and the people behind me glared at me on my way out), but as Mr. Ward did 99% of the talking and I found it enjoyable, I really didn’t mind the dirty looks.

By the way, Mr. Ward had one Black & White 8x10 to choose and it wasn’t of just Robin like I asked the promoter…

The rest of Saturday and all of Sunday, I browsed the vendors and got some pretty good deals before the show ended. It was nice to be able to do that as it is something I typically don’t have the time for.

Overall, the crowds were manageable, but after meeting Adam West and Burt Ward, there was plenty of boredom at this show. Between the lack of something of interest after meeting the guests and quickly browsing the vendors (who seemingly all had POP figures), the promoter running away from me without answering my question with any accuracy, and the general rude attitude of the promoter, I will NOT be back to this show.

The only three positives about this convention were Burt Ward (I didn’t actually talk to Adam West), admission was affordable (thankfully), and the vendors were nice and willing to discount items if I bought a group of merchandise.

Also, as soon as my internet is fixed and I’m not restricted to data usage, I’ll post some photos of what was signed.

Great recap! I love the idea of Adam West sitting at a customer service counter in an abandoned JC Penny, having people skip over him because his management is price gouging. Sometimes you've gotta say no. It's the only way things will change. It's hilarious that they'd rather sit there and make $0 instead of making the money they advertised as the price. Maybe before long the two of them will be working the customer service counter of a JC Penny that hasn't gone out of business.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzfan84 View Post
    Great recap! I love the idea of Adam West sitting at a customer service counter in an abandoned JC Penny, having people skip over him because his management is price gouging. Sometimes you've gotta say no. It's the only way things will change. It's hilarious that they'd rather sit there and make $0 instead of making the money they advertised as the price. Maybe before long the two of them will be working the customer service counter of a JC Penny that hasn't gone out of business.
    Thanks! There were so many people throughout the weekend that I overheard or spoke directly with who all decided against spending so much on something that won't be signed the way they want. One guy I talked to even said that he spoke with the promoter via email or Facebook before the show and was told his POP! figures could be signed for the $80 price if he just flattened the package. The promoter was very wrong on that too... This guy told me he brought two POP! packages, both flattened, and a poster that he was prepared to pay $100 for. He said that he was going to be charged $125 for each POP! package and that he refused to get any of the three things he brought signed.

I don't understand why they're okay with losing so much money like this. Do they really believe that the people standing in these lines and paying the $80-$100 are all going to sell these items? I prefer my autographs to be personalized now, but I don't like being told that that is the only way I'm allowed to collect and I certainly don't appreciate the insinuation of some of these promoters and agents that I'm less of a fan for not wanting to spend so much for something that won't be signed the way I want.

I am SO GLAD that I chose to swerve this con after reading your report !

I prefer all my autographs NOT personalised, as the only one's I want personalised are ones that are GIVEN to me freely by people that I have met and hung out with and gotten to know , became friends with, and that personalisation would be as a memory of that, and I have many that were given to me, both personalised and unpersonalised.

Where as a straight autograph should be just that, especially as they are being paid to sign it. Life is undpredictable, and we all might have to sell up one day. God forbid that ever happens, you can't expect to recoup value on a personalised item.

You are being PAID to sign , so sign how the people ask you or guess what ? Don't get paid, it's THAT simple !
    Last edited by PMSbull; 03-08-2017 at 09:22 AM.
    Got kids? Love a good bedtime story? Then you just might want to purchase my recently released E-book via the Amzon store!
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/My-Pet-Monster-differ…/…/ref=sr_1_1…
    Feedback thread is here http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1110792/#post19408522

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast