Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 40th Anniversary of Star Wars

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    Oh, kind of like what happened with E.T. But no one ever seems to hounds on that particular change.
    Do people even talk about E.T. anymore? That was a one-and-done story that really hasn't had much cultural impact at all, since the 1980s. Personally, I've never been that big of a fan of the film. The story is good and it's well made, but it's just too sappy for my tastes. Even if they did release the original version of the film on Blu-Ray, I doubt I would buy it. Close Encounters of the Third Kind is easily my favorite Steven Spielberg film from that era.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

It's not really ever mentioned, but it's the same as SW in the changes, as they DON'T affect the story. SW fans just always overdue it, therefore it's discussed ad nauseum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    Oh, kind of like what happened with E.T. But no one ever seems to hounds on that particular change.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Do people even talk about E.T. anymore? That was a one-and-done story that really hasn't had much cultural impact at all, since the 1980s. Personally, I've never been that big of a fan of the film. The story is good and it's well made, but it's just too sappy for my tastes. Even if they did release the original version of the film on Blu-Ray, I doubt I would buy it. Close Encounters of the Third Kind is easily my favorite Steven Spielberg film from that era.
    ET read your post and went OOOOOuuuuchhh!

ya they really should release them in their unaltered edition forms.

haaahaa nice
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthMickeyMoose View Post
    ET read your post and went OOOOOuuuuchhh!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345