Thread: Just a general ebay selling hint for people...

Just a general ebay selling hint for people...

Im not sure how new this is to ebay policy- but just so you people are aware-
    If you decide to end an auction early and you have have a high dollar amount already bid up (and you get that email that says hey I will give you $$$$)
    -maybe its a friend- or maybe legit you just freak out and decide you dont want to sell it

well there is a ebay end auction early w bids fee- 10% same as final value fee
    That one seller disney pony brownies or whomever that guy is- had a monster lot of figures going off -he was hoping for 12k i remember his listing say- he panicked i think a day or two before when he was at 6-7k...yeah thats a 600-700 hit

Not sure how this is watch out thread.... seems like common sense. Everything has a price, that's why ebay has a reserve. And if you are going to sell to a "friend" then you deserve the 10% punch to the groin, cause apparently they were not a real good friend before said dude listed the lot.

Yeah. I was following and bidding on that lot. The guy is a scammer. He panicked and cancelled the auction. I messaged him and told him I was going to go way higher; big money never comes in until the very end. He replied that the DT Luke's AFA case broke and that is why he cancelled the auction. BS. He is always ending auctions early if the bids aren't high enough to his liking. He also has a lot of shill bidding going on. I really don't trust him nor ever expect to win one of his auctions because of his tactics. He is always relisting the same stuff.

That dude was my inspiration for making this post- and Mr. Nihilist this is the correct area as subheading reads "and general eBay topics here."

So yeah that seller is going to want to puke when he sees that he is taking a 10% hit each time he pulls that crap...and I just wanted to warn any other of my fellow RS memebers about it is all-
    sorry to offend you Nihilist

Quote Originally Posted by VintageStarWars View Post
    Yeah. I was following and bidding on that lot. The guy is a scammer. He panicked and cancelled the auction. I messaged him and told him I was going to go way higher; big money never comes in until the very end. He replied that the DT Luke's AFA case broke and that is why he cancelled the auction. BS. He is always ending auctions early if the bids aren't high enough to his liking. He also has a lot of shill bidding going on. I really don't trust him nor ever expect to win one of his auctions because of his tactics. He is always relisting the same stuff.

Yeah, I am not sure why, but this seller really gets under my skin like no - one else. Not only do they end their auctions early, they always re-list auctions that were carried out to the end of auction, with an apparent winner. Their auctions always go for way more money than anything is truly worth. Like the ungraded vinyl cape Jawas selling for nearly $3,000 and $4,000 recently are a prime example. A hollow tube Sand Person I think was near $600!

On top of this, he severely oversells, overgrades and approaches vintage Star Wars figures as if they used cars. (Actual) LOL. "NEVER find ANOTHER one LIKE IT! DEAD MINT! A REAL BEAUTY!!!!" All this said in the listing, when there is apparent damage in the photos, or they show 20 or 30 photos of a figure and never really quite clearly show photos of where damage is present, as if they are avoiding it on purpose. I had sincere interest in buying a Jedi Luke recently, and inquired about it, and they were quite rude. I asked if what I saw was damage on the flesh-painted hand and they said something to the effect of "look, if you are going to nitpick, this figure is not for you. It will sell, I am not worried." He clearly stated in the description that it was gem mint, no flaws, etc. He even states in his auctions: "We're pretty much only selling extremely clean, very high grade stuff right now, so if you're a picky collector (which most of our regular buyers are) seeking ONLY the best of the best. . ."

The 100 or so photos of things he'll be selling soon at the end of every listing is quite "hilarious" too!
    Last edited by comicalUser; 02-03-2017 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Stupid emojis!

Does anyone know that guy's real name?

It sounds like he's using tactics intended to drive up the market value of Star Wars items.

Guess I'm not the only one who noticed these tactics. I thought I was seeing items end and the up again.

Quote Originally Posted by ForceAwakened View Post

It sounds like he's using tactics intended to drive up the market value of Star Wars items.
    I have no idea who the guy is but he is always selling the exact same items. I am not really sure he even sells anything.
    My Feedback
    WTB Lili Ledy Loose, Stormie, R2, Jawa Contact me.

? for you guys, sometimes I see the bidder listed as "Private bidder". I get the feeling someone may be bidding on own items to drive up the price. Have else seen this.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthwilder View Post
    ? for you guys, sometimes I see the bidder listed as "Private bidder". I get the feeling someone may be bidding on own items to drive up the price. Have else seen this.
    It is well known, is quite unfortunate in my opinion, and is called shill bidding. If not a private auction, you click on a bidders name and you can see what percentage of their bid activity is with that seller.

Quote Originally Posted by ForceAwakened View Post

They list their name right in their auction description as "Mike or Frank." Oh no! Is it the American Pickers guys?? They seem like such stand up guys on the telly!
    Last edited by comicalUser; 03-20-2017 at 03:31 PM.