Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible scam uncovered involving fake vintage bagged figures

Possible scam uncovered involving fake vintage bagged figures

Just a heads up: our friends at the SWFUK forum are discussing an apparent scam involving fake vintage baggie figures. It looks like there might be a lot of them out there, so collectors need to stay informed about what to look for. Since they have provided a lot of pictures and evidence, we will simply link to their discussion, in order to keep the information consolidated.

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewt...hp?f=1&t=32539

Tommy
    Vintage Forums Moderator
    Looking for interesting Luke Poncho, Kea Moll and Micro items!
    "Time in its aging course teaches all things."- Prometheus Bound

Not good at all. Horrible in fact.
    My Feedback
    WTB Lili Ledy Loose, Stormie, R2, Jawa Contact me.

Disgusting. I have one thing to say to anyone out there perpetuating some kind of scam like this. Congratulations on ruining a special hobby and your reputation. May you all get exactly what you deserve.
    SW Collecting Since 1977
    Leif's Trade Feedback

Supersnipe Comic Art Gallery (and related SW art) (George Lucas' & Ed Summers' comic/art shop in the 1970's)
    Star Wars Dyeline & Cactus Print Thread

Interesting. The R5 mentioned as being on eBay right now has disappeared and a different R5 remains. Not sure if auction details were changed or if the fake R5 was just removed.
    SW Collecting Since 1977
    Leif's Trade Feedback

Supersnipe Comic Art Gallery (and related SW art) (George Lucas' & Ed Summers' comic/art shop in the 1970's)

I just went and read through the entire thread over at SWF.UK, thank you for posting this. I have purchased many figures over the years from Jeff...
    Last edited by scifimuseum; 01-11-2017 at 05:54 AM.

I figured it was a matter of time. I wonder how many of these fooled AFA?

Quote Originally Posted by CraigMac View Post
    I figured it was a matter of time. I wonder how many of these fooled AFA?
    Previous RS thread:
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthrea...ght=Early+Bird from 3 years ago. I had another example of repro items on a Fett mailer but that was bought from a flipper who had bought it from subject of the thread, again I was the bad guy when I pointed out the counterfeit box and bio plus the damaged baggie described as mint! Response to the 1st watch out put me off raising any others and it was easier just to avoid the seller and stop collecting baggies.
    Last edited by waffenmeister; 01-11-2017 at 05:28 PM. Reason: added info

Mate time and time again people on here have defended a scammer because "he's a long term collector and member of this forum" I have seen people defended others when they have been calling other collectors names and insulting them for collecting something they dont agree with, to outright scams like $10,000 spent on a figure that never arrives. The DEFENDERS start saying I doubt this person would have done this etc he's a "LONG TERM MEMBER AND A STAND UP GUY" but in the end it all turns out it was a scam all the same. Obviously there are allot of people scamming on all types of forums and places and just because someone is a "LONG TERM MEMBER" and who you think is a "STAND UP GUY" doesnt mean these things havent/arent happening. I think people need to have a good long look at themselves sometimes and stop getting this SUPERIOR outlook just because you have been a member on a forum longer than someone else, or believe youve been collecting longer than any other person in the world. I have seen quite a few "respected and long term collectors" ripping people off lately and in the past!

People defend scammers for one main reason. They don't want to believe they may have been fooled themselves. Plus they probably feel like they might score some brownie points with a good source of collectibles. People are foolish. Where there is smoke, there is fire.
    SW Collecting Since 1977
    Leif's Trade Feedback

I've never collected bagged figures, but, like everyone else I've had more than a fair share pass though my hands though purchased lots and whatnot. I always sent pictures of said bagged figure to frunkstar (Frank) to verify if they were legit and what they were worth. Sad that nothing is sacred in this hobby anymore.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast