Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Possible scam uncovered involving fake vintage bagged figures

From what I have gathered he sent his baggies to ukg in an attempt to prove they are real. The takeaway is it proves nothing. Firstly some of the fakes have been graded by both AFA and UKG I believe, so fakes have made it through. Secondly his submitting hand selected baggies doesn't mean he isnt sitting on a pile of fakes. Thirdly we already were able to see he has/had fakes with some repainted or touched up fetts in them so we know some of his stock was fake yet he failed to refund the buyer (think it was Marty) the full amount spent on the baggies and even said HE is not sure they were fake though they had paint touch up and were refused for grading both in the baggie and loose due to the touchups. Really no good result comes from this UKG grading except for UKG. For us, the collectors, this doesn't prove anything really.
    Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by Hoth_My_Fav View Post
    WOW......so UKG is trying to cover themselves some how from this? Was it that they graded a ton of baggies for him?
    Well its a good thing the community here are a lot more diligent to conclude anything from this. If UKG come back and confirm all is legit and the fact is, its the seller submitting his chosen samples, all this will do is tarnish UKG's reputation. I really don't see what this will prove. It will be sussed out straight away and brought to light. This whole thing started by some very knowledgable members inspecting multiple examples. The only way the seller will be able to clear his name is if those same members are able to inspect the seller's entire population. Even then there may still be a cloud over it, afterall if the seller is truly dishonest, he could always hide the fakes away from the rest.

There are just too many question marks on this story in my mind and this just adds to it. Either way, the community will get to the bottom of it and the truth will prevail eventually.

Brody
    WANTED: Toltoys 12 backs, 20 backs, ESB with the Australian Address on the back and ROTJ 65 back Nien Nunb Offer MOCs

The way I'm reading it is that UKG are going through the 700 baggies to tell Jeff which are legit and which are not. This does not add a thing to the historical context. I also don't recall seeing evidence of faked graded baggies from Jeff. Both AFA and UKG have refused some of his baggies in the past as far as I'm aware
    1 - 0 to the Arsenal!
    member of The Vintage Rebellion Podcast
    Used to be cc4rhu but changed to avoid "confusion for no reason."

As far as I am aware UKG have these in for authentication or failure, I am not clear if they will be being graded or not as sadly I have been cut out of the authentication process altogether at the sellers request.

What I do know is many of the ones submitted will be failed & also be opened if failed, so it's a step in the right direction, though I am not pleased I do not get to look at them all in detail as I am very familiar with several aspects of these fakes that I know I can spot like the heat seals & the dimpling/spotting in the baggie material of some of the types faked, I just hope UKG have all the information at hand to deal with the fakes accordingly.

I have been investigating these for a number of years so do feel I would be the best person to look at them, the seller did request I do so, but has now changed his stance on that for reasons unknown & has chosen to submit them to the grading company, I can only assume he is under the belief they will be more favorable towards some of the harder to spot fakes.
    Last edited by frunkstar; 03-15-2017 at 09:50 AM.
    "If there's a bright spark to the centre of the universe we're on the planet that its furthest from"

My feedback - http://forum.rebelscum.com/t995973/

Quote Originally Posted by Brody_Walker View Post
    If UKG come back and confirm all is legit and the fact is, its the seller submitting his chosen samples, all this will do is tarnish UKG's reputation. I really don't see what this will prove.
    This is certainly one way of looking at it. However if one is consulted to seek an impartial opinion, that's really the only way to go.

Anyways that whole UKG inspection thing is totally uselss and absurd since it's been proven he has knowingly sold multiples fakes. I don't really see the point in doing all of that. And that won't change the fact UKG and AFA have graded fake items.
    "Bobby U-Wing"

I think the ukg thing is just pure damage limitation myself, he can choose to take whatever baggies he wants and none of us would be any the wiser, i think he will have taken fakes to ukg and the whole point of this is to say would I have taken fakes with me to ukg if I knew they were fake as if to say he was not aware they were fake and he has been duped also, ukg unearth some of the fakes and he shows that he/they have destroyed them and are trying to do the right thing and that's what it's all about imo....being seen to be doing the right thing

I think the thing that stands out the most in all this and it's something that joe touched on in the response to claims page is that he has not offered any kind of apology once and in the thew posts he has posted (I know he has a lot on his plate) it's quite clear he seems to think he is the victim in all of this........
    Last edited by mikey1; 03-15-2017 at 05:03 PM.

1 - 0 to the Arsenal!
    member of The Vintage Rebellion Podcast
    Used to be cc4rhu but changed to avoid "confusion for no reason."

Yes latest reply has gone up from the seller on SWF as linked above by Richard, basically calling the forum owner a lair, me incompetent with baggie I'D's & still not revealing where any of the baggies came from oh almost forgot still protesting his innocence as well.

Worth taking a look if you have been following, not that is says much more than any of the previous responses
    "If there's a bright spark to the centre of the universe we're on the planet that its furthest from"

My feedback - http://forum.rebelscum.com/t995973/

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456