Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: The Value of Original Art

I recently purchased an original artwork from Chris Trevas which he did for Star Wars Kids magazine. He still has plenty available to choose from in this series.

http://christrevas.storenvy.com/coll...-kids-magazine

Quote Originally Posted by WiganWookie View Post
    I recently purchased an original artwork from Chris Trevas which he did for Star Wars Kids magazine. He still has plenty available to choose from in this series.

http://christrevas.storenvy.com/coll...-kids-magazine
    That's a nice piece!
    SW Collecting Since 1977
    Leif's Trade Feedback

Supersnipe Comic Art Gallery (and related SW art) (George Lucas' & Ed Summers' comic/art shop in the 1970's)
    Star Wars Dyeline & Cactus Print Thread

Here's the Paul Wenzel 'Starfighters' painting finally framed and hanging on the wall.

Museum quality UV glass. The frame is a Roma 'brushed bronze' wood frame. The bronze color and shiny surface of the semi-fancy wood frame compliments the shiny nature of the Starfighters, the brushed yellow-brown shades in the painting, and the fact that its a painting of the Royal Theed Palace hangar. I think the mats compliment the blue-greys in the painting and let the painting stand out a bit; which was a challenge because its not a bold painting.

SW Collecting Since 1977
    Leif's Trade Feedback

Supersnipe Comic Art Gallery (and related SW art) (George Lucas' & Ed Summers' comic/art shop in the 1970's)
    Star Wars Dyeline & Cactus Print Thread

That looks stunning, Leif. The frame looks awesome.

I picked up up my second David Hardy painting last week. Luckily for me, he needed to raised some cash so I got it for 300. I'll post a photo later.

It looks perfect Leif, this overlooked and abandoned little painting looks quite impressive now. I think it's right this stuff is preserved as best as possible for future generations to enjoy. We should all think of ourselves as custodians, Guardians of the Star Wars Galaxy!
    Last edited by WiganWookie; 03-05-2017 at 10:25 AM.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789