Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ideas for Hasbro that could please both Collectors and Kids

Ideas for Hasbro that could please both Collectors and Kids

OK, so this is my list of ideas for Hasbro. Anyone want to add to it, feel free. This is NOT meant to be a forum for posting every figure that has ever appeared in any media and stating how much you want it. I want Jaxxon too... but he ain't happening unless a Brian's Toys or EE or convention exclusive can get done.

Idea 1:

SIMPLIFY!!!

1 big vehicle per year - or per medium. Put it in the $200 range and take a lower profit from it with the idea that people will buy figures to go with it. That used to be the general idea with vehicles. I don't need a crappy looking pilot figure, but put a decent one on a card and I'll buy that too. Hide some play features in there, make sure it makes sense, and make sure the outside looks good.
    **Millenium Falcon - Tantive - Ghost - U-Wing - Shuttle (several varieties) - Gunship - AT-AT - Turbo Tank - Slave I - etc.

2-4 decent size vehicles/environment pieces per year. I don't know if you have molds to reuse or not, but whatever you have to do to get a couple in the $50 range would be great. There is a TON of vehicles past and un-made that could go in this line. And again.... don't give me a crappy pilot. Put one on a card!!! {base is my way of saying any piece of environment with which to display/play with my figures}
    ** X-Wing - TIE Fighter - TIE Interceptor - TIE Defender - Snowspeeder - AT-ST - Hovertank - Landspeeder w/Moisture Vaporators - Hoth base - Yavin base - Takodana base - Starkiller base - Death Star base - Scariff base - Endor base - etc.

Line of Ultra figures. Looking at the $25 range. The big figures or figures with big accessories. These are also too numerous to name, but think Wampa and ice cave or Rieekan and Tactical Screen. I'd say any of these with wanted accessories should come with a figure that might not get made otherwise.
    ** Grumgar and chair - Mon Mothma and Holotable - Fozec and Jabba's BBQ pit - HURID-327 - Roodown - Baba Jo - Lava Flea - etc.

More ideas to come:::::::::::::::::::::
    "The Marvel and Transformers team must share a lunch table.
    Star Wars must have sat with GI Joe team." ~ indysolo007

http://starwarslists.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by keknivek View Post
    OK, so this is my list of ideas for Hasbro. Anyone want to add to it, feel free. This is NOT meant to be a forum for posting every figure that has ever appeared in any media and stating how much you want it. I want Jaxxon too... but he ain't happening unless a Brian's Toys or EE or convention exclusive can get done.

Idea 1:

SIMPLIFY!!!

1 big vehicle per year - or per medium. Put it in the $200 range and take a lower profit from it with the idea that people will buy figures to go with it. That used to be the general idea with vehicles. I don't need a crappy looking pilot figure, but put a decent one on a card and I'll buy that too. Hide some play features in there, make sure it makes sense, and make sure the outside looks good.
    **Millenium Falcon - Tantive - Ghost - U-Wing - Shuttle (several varieties) - Gunship - AT-AT - Turbo Tank - Slave I - etc.

2-4 decent size vehicles/environment pieces per year. I don't know if you have molds to reuse or not, but whatever you have to do to get a couple in the $50 range would be great. There is a TON of vehicles past and un-made that could go in this line. And again.... don't give me a crappy pilot. Put one on a card!!! {base is my way of saying any piece of environment with which to display/play with my figures}
    ** X-Wing - TIE Fighter - TIE Interceptor - TIE Defender - Snowspeeder - AT-ST - Hovertank - Landspeeder w/Moisture Vaporators - Hoth base - Yavin base - Takodana base - Starkiller base - Death Star base - Scariff base - Endor base - etc.

Line of Ultra figures. Looking at the $25 range. The big figures or figures with big accessories. These are also too numerous to name, but think Wampa and ice cave or Rieekan and Tactical Screen. I'd say any of these with wanted accessories should come with a figure that might not get made otherwise.
    ** Grumgar and chair - Mon Mothma and Holotable - Fozec and Jabba's BBQ pit - HURID-327 - Roodown - Baba Jo - Lava Flea - etc.

More ideas to come:::::::::::::::::::::
    I like your thought process on this but the Ultra figures price might be a tad too high and doom the line from the start. $25 for 1 action figure and an accessory is too much. I'd go with $17.00 for those at the most. Parents are not going to drop $25 for Mon Mothma and a holo display... collectors might but that figure needs to be spot on amazing for the price range with super articulation and spot on likeness to the actor or actress.

I like the idea of the $50 ships and environments as well and would love to see a return to the old model ships like the TIE Fighter, X-Wing, Y-Wing etc. I mean as cool as the large wing TIE is (and yes I have 4 of them myself) it's too big for display and I've seen kids struggle with holding it and another ship like an x-wing for play. I love the scale of the original Kenner molds.. you could have dogfights with the ships. you can't do this with the new FX Scale X-Wing and Large Wing TIE.

I'd also love to see a nice detailed playset/environment system be developed by Hasbro... they don't have to be big and they can be something simple like hallways of Starships or bases. I think these would perform well but I think they need to be an army building concept with figures. for instance a Tantive IV hallway playset which included 2 Stormtroopers and 2 Rebel Fleet Troopers would be great but no main characters that are only available in the set. these figures could be repaints/kitbashed figures.

I'd also love to see a return of the Battlepack concept (3-5 figures depending) and the Evolutions series (so many great choices that can be done there... Stormtrooper Evolution (OT-ST) )

as far as the big vehicles (200+) range.... they have been hit or miss in the last few years.. the BMF was a great toy (I have 2 myself) but it takes up too much room, the BAT-AT was an amazing update to the Kenner Mold, The Republic Shuttle was cool but again was put on clearance way to soon ( I think I picked one up for $25), The trench run 2 pack (cool concept but nothing to really get excited over), The RO AT-ACT (I have one and love it) is a great concept but the price is insane (luckily I bought mine for $150 shipped) I'd rather Hasbro concentrate on the playsets, $50 price range ships and environments, the ultra figures and make those lines work first before trying to bring back large ships.
    Longing for the Good Old Kenner Days where SW Figures were in great supply and everyone was able to find their favorite characters etc..... Hasbro you need to follow this example ! Twitter: @SWChamp
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1055416/

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    I like your thought process on this but the Ultra figures price might be a tad too high and doom the line from the start. $25 for 1 action figure and an accessory is too much. I'd go with $17.00 for those at the most. Parents are not going to drop $25 for Mon Mothma and a holo display... collectors might but that figure needs to be spot on amazing for the price range with super articulation and spot on likeness to the actor or actress.

I like the idea of the $50 ships and environments as well and would love to see a return to the old model ships like the TIE Fighter, X-Wing, Y-Wing etc. I mean as cool as the large wing TIE is (and yes I have 4 of them myself) it's too big for display and I've seen kids struggle with holding it and another ship like an x-wing for play. I love the scale of the original Kenner molds.. you could have dogfights with the ships. you can't do this with the new FX Scale X-Wing and Large Wing TIE.

I'd also love to see a nice detailed playset/environment system be developed by Hasbro... they don't have to be big and they can be something simple like hallways of Starships or bases. I think these would perform well but I think they need to be an army building concept with figures. for instance a Tantive IV hallway playset which included 2 Stormtroopers and 2 Rebel Fleet Troopers would be great but no main characters that are only available in the set. these figures could be repaints/kitbashed figures.

I'd also love to see a return of the Battlepack concept (3-5 figures depending) and the Evolutions series (so many great choices that can be done there... Stormtrooper Evolution (OT-ST) )

as far as the big vehicles (200+) range.... they have been hit or miss in the last few years.. the BMF was a great toy (I have 2 myself) but it takes up too much room, the BAT-AT was an amazing update to the Kenner Mold, The Republic Shuttle was cool but again was put on clearance way to soon ( I think I picked one up for $25), The trench run 2 pack (cool concept but nothing to really get excited over), The RO AT-ACT (I have one and love it) is a great concept but the price is insane (luckily I bought mine for $150 shipped) I'd rather Hasbro concentrate on the playsets, $50 price range ships and environments, the ultra figures and make those lines work first before trying to bring back large ships.

I agree with pretty much all of this.

I put $25 as a max range, but that is probably too high. I know I would be very hesitant to pay that for Mon Mothma and a holotable. I think using the same box for an Ultra Line where the prices range from $17 to $20 could work. I'd believe I'd pay the $20 for for Grummgar or some of the other large figures if they were done right with articulation, etc.

I didn't like the $50 pricepoint a lot for average size ships or bases either, but gave it a general $50 max. I'd love to have some sort of BUILD-A-SCENE happen. I've promoted that idea several times in different forums, but it never seems to catch a lot of interest. The Battlepack was a big favorite of mine. I loved getting multiple figures from one particular scene together.

When I started this thread the idea was to get some creative minds spitballing. It's so disappointing what has come out lately.

Idea 2:

KITBASH!!!!!

1) We've heard before that Star Wars is more difficult than what Marvel does because of how they can reuse parts more easily.
    OK... so reuse parts where you can. You can cut the cost of a figure by changing up the paint or just creating new parts. Heads would be the best place to start as there are tons of figures that could be created with new heads. This has been done many times in the past for everything from backgrounders (Pax Bonkik), to Clones, etc.

A) Figures that could be created with nothing but new paint.
    * Lars Homestead GNK droid
    * Death Squad Commander (gray)
    * Spirit Yoda - similar to the Ben and Anakin ones with translucent plastic and some color

Figures that could be done with simple kitbash (possibly some retooling to fit heads
    * Banniss Keeg - Ellors Madak head and jedi body
    * Lirin Carn - Bith head and jedi body
    * Salporin - Likely just needs new accessories

C) Figures that could be done with new heads.
    * Lt. Sheckil - new head on Imperial body
    * Lt. Daine Jir - new head on Imperial body
    * Pello Scramblas - new head on Tantive Rebel body
    * Theron Nett - new head on Pilot body
    * Nic Sant - new head on kitbashed Endor Rebel body
    * Sar Labooda - new head on female jedi body
    * Geezum - Takeel head on kitbashed body (possible new accessories)
    * Herat - juat add a fan and include any droid repainted

I realize some of these wouldn't be well recognized, so single carded might be a stretch, but like the Battle of Geonosis: Jedi Knights packs, could easily be done in a multipack. I could easily see a couple of the following multipacks.

Cantina pack 1:
    Banniss Keeg, Lirin Carn, Sai'tor Kal Fas, Takeel --- all either rereleased, repainted or slightly kitbashed

Rebel pack 1:
    Nic Sant, Pello Scramblas, Theron Nett, Hoth Rebel (new head OR reuse one and repaint) --- all either repainted or kitbashed with new heads

Imperial pack 1:
    Lt. Daine Jir, Lt. Sheckil, Death Squad Commander, Admiral Piett --- a few of the many Imperials that could be done with a littel paint and some new heads.

I think a Ultimate Tie vehicle would be an awesome thing. Give us a cockpit with movie sounds & electronics (blasters & light up engines in the back) , every movie wing configuration possible for Vaders Tie, interceptor, regular, & bomber. Give us a SA tie pilot (pretty sure there's one they already gave us). I bet this would sell out!! It would please both the die hard fan, & casual fan.

Put me down for one of everything. Good idea for a thread. If anything the customs on show at Imperialshipyards.com show what can be done with kitbashing figures.

One of the items that they have done in the past has been the cardboard diorama and figure sets, such as the Carbonite Han and Jabba's Palace and Sandtrooper and Cantina. Not overly expensive but a good way to get some play value with a figure. The Build-a-Figure wave's were also a great way of encouraging you to buy the whole wave to get the additional figure (helped when they were in film based Waves)

Chris
    Wanted: VINTAGE COLLECTION: C-3PO. Still got a Vinage Wedge & Gammy to trade.

My Feedback Thread

I've been wanting Hasbro to do a build a dio (genertic) for years.

Each set is basically a box with plastic beems, that connect to other boxes allowing kids to build small or huge playsets.

Cardboard backing would have a pre-designed picture on one side, flip it over & they can design whatever they want.

versions can include Build a Death Star/Imperial base
    sand planet,
    Hoth Planet/base

This would not only be compatable with Marvel/GI Joe but could be incorporated into those brands. (Heck the idea works with My Little Pony, playdoe & whatever else Hasbro can market.

You could build a Cobra throne room attached to a Death Star hanger & even add Pony Stalls if you wanted that. It's creative play, you could sell add ons & its basically made out of what the boardgames are already made out of.

It a win win situation.
    The answer to every Star Wars question ever:
      Spoiler:  
    Its just a movie!!!!!!!!!!

Feedback BST
    I love this Bar! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU3_zzZQzx0

Sounds like you are talking about these. I have a few of them from when they were being produced and they are pretty great.

Hello all.

Given the library of vehicles that could hopefully be re-released, I would like to see battle damage reintroduced.
    - We've seen the tie fighter with the electrical damage in the asteroid field in ESB, and engulfed in flames in ROTJ. Take any tie, and make a translucent effect that can snap on to the wing panels and the pod. Picture the Endor battle pack damaged R2 and the demise of Grievous figure, but applied to a vehicle and of a better quality. Throw in a lr44 cell for light effects, if the budget allows.
    - Snowspeeder, ditto with the flames, interchangeable cracked/broken canopy and panels.
    - Update the old T-16, throw on Biggs' racing colors and sell as a vehicle 2 pack with Luke's in a Vintage styled box with the twin suns in the background for imagery. If budget allows, toss in womprats.....with battle damage...

Turrets and gun emplacements could work for display and play:
    - Batteries on board the Venator cruisers and the Invisible Hand. The Clone version is basically the AV-7 mobile cannon sans the legs. Add translucent plastic projectiles (non-NERF please), perhaps a port frame with a removable sheet to simulate shields. If the frames connectedyou could give enemy displays a broadside .
    - Hoth turrets, a 2 pack with 1 destroyed version with flame effect. Throw in the dish cannon...available in before-and-after AT-AT blasted versions.
    - Any Imperial turret: the twin cannon on a tower, motorized firing with recoil effect (doubtful, and honestly I'd take one that just rotates, "pew pew" required, not included). The single cannon pictured being manned by the gunners at Battle of Yavin etc.
    - First Order turret with three barrels, firing projectiles and comes with plastic panel with FO banner.

In essence, I'm asking Hasbro to give me previous and new toys, some professionally broken please.

3.75" figures:
    As mentioned by many before me: assorted multi-packs, be they cinema scenes, evolutions, troop builders or background fodder.
    - Rogue One Blue Squadron multipack with 1 unique U-wing pilot and the rest are flight suit, head and helmet repaints (NO banana visors)
    - Imperials: crimson stormtrooper, blaster damage stormtrooper, imperial officer with tan tunic....all too easy (repaints).
    - Rebels: anything to fill out any of the ship hangars; a tech, a pilot and an honor guard for example. Environment wise, the gantry we see over x-wings and the tube that lowers astromechs into them would be welcome.
    - Rebel fleet troopers: tan pants for Yavin, blue pants for in space. Comes with Vader, disc with your favorite hits and the death star plans, and the Profundity door...insert lightsaber to unlock and open.

Mini-rigs. Resurrect some of the 80s' originals, updated paint app/decals (maintain the sanctity of the originals by being different enough).
    "We take what we want and leave the rest. Just like your salad bar." - Egg Shen

Quote Originally Posted by TripleZero78 View Post
    Hello all.

Given the library of vehicles that could hopefully be re-released, I would like to see battle damage reintroduced.
    - We've seen the tie fighter with the electrical damage in the asteroid field in ESB, and engulfed in flames in ROTJ. Take any tie, and make a translucent effect that can snap on to the wing panels and the pod. Picture the Endor battle pack damaged R2 and the demise of Grievous figure, but applied to a vehicle and of a better quality. Throw in a lr44 cell for light effects, if the budget allows.
    - Snowspeeder, ditto with the flames, interchangeable cracked/broken canopy and panels.
    - Update the old T-16, throw on Biggs' racing colors and sell as a vehicle 2 pack with Luke's in a Vintage styled box with the twin suns in the background for imagery. If budget allows, toss in womprats.....with battle damage...

Turrets and gun emplacements could work for display and play:
    - Batteries on board the Venator cruisers and the Invisible Hand. The Clone version is basically the AV-7 mobile cannon sans the legs. Add translucent plastic projectiles (non-NERF please), perhaps a port frame with a removable sheet to simulate shields. If the frames connectedyou could give enemy displays a broadside .
    - Hoth turrets, a 2 pack with 1 destroyed version with flame effect. Throw in the dish cannon...available in before-and-after AT-AT blasted versions.
    - Any Imperial turret: the twin cannon on a tower, motorized firing with recoil effect (doubtful, and honestly I'd take one that just rotates, "pew pew" required, not included). The single cannon pictured being manned by the gunners at Battle of Yavin etc.
    - First Order turret with three barrels, firing projectiles and comes with plastic panel with FO banner.

In essence, I'm asking Hasbro to give me previous and new toys, some professionally broken please.

3.75" figures:
    As mentioned by many before me: assorted multi-packs, be they cinema scenes, evolutions, troop builders or background fodder.
    - Rogue One Blue Squadron multipack with 1 unique U-wing pilot and the rest are flight suit, head and helmet repaints (NO banana visors)
    - Imperials: crimson stormtrooper, blaster damage stormtrooper, imperial officer with tan tunic....all too easy (repaints).
    - Rebels: anything to fill out any of the ship hangars; a tech, a pilot and an honor guard for example. Environment wise, the gantry we see over x-wings and the tube that lowers astromechs into them would be welcome.
    - Rebel fleet troopers: tan pants for Yavin, blue pants for in space. Comes with Vader, disc with your favorite hits and the death star plans, and the Profundity door...insert lightsaber to unlock and open.

Mini-rigs. Resurrect some of the 80s' originals, updated paint app/decals (maintain the sanctity of the originals by being different enough).

Nice List!
    I do think the Battle Damage idea could work for a lot of items that currently exist. I like he "professionally broken" comment lol

Still can't believe we didn't get a new or rereleased X-wing (like Blue Squadron) or Tie Fighter when Rogue One was out... That seems like such a big MISS on Hasbro's part. There are TONS of smaller vehicles or larger accessories that could be put into a Battle Pack. The 2 different Hoth Turrets are great examples, and while I love the minirigs... I want NEW mini rigs!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast