Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ideas for Hasbro that could please both Collectors and Kids

Thank you!

The lack of anything Blue Squadron and no regular tie baffled me too....pure repaints would have sufficed. Hopefully they make the effort in the near future.

Agreed on the battle packs, they were always a great way to get unique, or older and desirable items back on the shelves.

Hoth - Luke and Han, both with taun tauns, probe droid and crash site (repaint the sarlaac opening from the skiff pack).
    Echo Base 1 - FX-7, 2-1b, Bacta tank, recovery bed with Luke ("phantom of the opera mask"), Luke in just the red flight suit without gear.
    Echo base 2 - Consoles (from the Ultra set), Wampa holding cell (deleted scene), transport speeder (essentially a rolling box with car lights)
    Rebel forces - Snow trench with attaching turrets, Hoth rebel (with the unique backpack seen running towards the 1st downed at-at)
    Complement any of these with the 2010 snowspeeder, now with red markings.

To further the point of battle damage, I loved the Force Unleashed Vader (worst day ever disguise). Figures like Endor Leia, something as small as the blaster wound on her shoulder or the bandaged arm thereafter would be cool for a battle pack. K2-SO with sculpted blaster hits, circular console, vault door and Cassian in Imperial officer disguise = sold.

A retooled y-wing, perhaps with blast off nacelles similar to the solar panel feature of the tie fighters. Since the latter half of it may not withstand any real play, keep it attached with a hinge or strong cords (think vintage Micro World x-wing and tie battle damage features).

Definitely new mini-rigs too. My ideas thus far were all based on alterations to mostly existing toys. Ideas for new toys are forthcoming.

Enjoying this creativity of this thread!
    "We take what we want and leave the rest. Just like your salad bar." - Egg Shen

There are definitely a lot of options for reusing things that already exist. Just look at the number of figures that have never been rereleased since the super articulation craze started in 2004 with the VOTC!

I'm not a huge fan of a straight repack, but just a little bit of imagination gets you a new figure. I bought every new head for a pilot, Bespin guard, and trooper I could. WHY they wouldn't capitalize on this further ... especially to keep cost down for other figures... I have no clue.
    "The Marvel and Transformers team must share a lunch table.
    Star Wars must have sat with GI Joe team." ~ indysolo007

http://starwarslists.blogspot.com/

Truth on both accounts. With the return of the vintage brand next Spring, perhaps they will utilize their catalog to give variety to the rank and file characters. The mere fact of this line's return indicates senses have at least been partially regained. 3.75" versions of the 6" Battlefront troops are on my want list. Seeing that Aphra made the list, I truly hope it leads to more comic book characters, e.g. Triple Zero (no relation) and BT. They are both interesting to me, akin to a mirror universe evil 3PO and R2 and they fit together in a theme.

Using your idea for a spirit yoda; would be nice to round out the jedi of Christmas past with the same treatment for Sebastian Shaw's ghost of Anakin I enjoyed your "Idea 2" list. What other themes/groups would you possibly like to see?

The upcoming SDCC exclusives...having a 3.75" equivalent with all the bells and whistles for Thrawn (Ultra/Deluxe line) and Luke's Landspeeder.....one can dream.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleZero78 View Post
    Truth on both accounts. With the return of the vintage brand next Spring, perhaps they will utilize their catalog to give variety to the rank and file characters. The mere fact of this line's return indicates senses have at least been partially regained. 3.75" versions of the 6" Battlefront troops are on my want list. Seeing that Aphra made the list, I truly hope it leads to more comic book characters, e.g. Triple Zero (no relation) and BT. They are both interesting to me, akin to a mirror universe evil 3PO and R2 and they fit together in a theme.

Using your idea for a spirit yoda; would be nice to round out the jedi of Christmas past with the same treatment for Sebastian Shaw's ghost of Anakin I enjoyed your "Idea 2" list. What other themes/groups would you possibly like to see?

The upcoming SDCC exclusives...having a 3.75" equivalent with all the bells and whistles for Thrawn (Ultra/Deluxe line) and Luke's Landspeeder.....one can dream.
    I HEAR YA >>> I haven't bought in to the 6" line, but that landspeeder (and even Rey's speeder to a different degree) is GORGEOUS! The Thrawn packaging reminds me a bit of what they did for Jocasta Nu. I understand that the 6" is the rage now, but the 3 3/4" is still the bread and butter IMO.

I'm working up some more ideas.
    "The Marvel and Transformers team must share a lunch table.
    Star Wars must have sat with GI Joe team." ~ indysolo007

http://starwarslists.blogspot.com/

I thought I would not get into the 6" line....then I saw the Sandtrooper...... 3.75" to me has been the one constant since I started in '96 ('94 if you include micro machines). Jocasta Nu, that's the perfect example of how Thrawn could be presented in 4 inch!

So, a few ideas today:
    1. Endor Luke, Leia and Scout trooper, 2-3 bikes, 1 wrecked speeder.
    2. Ewoks vs. Stormtroopers (with bolas)
    3. Re-release the bunker, but as a complete structure, not half (I bought two of the original and just put them back to back), add some blast effects, door lock wires, and wounded Leia and R2. If they're feeling adventurous, add the interior where Han and crew set the charges....it's just seats, a console and screen. Also cool if it had a spring loaded "explosion" feature.....just roof and panels going separate directions.
    4. Retool the skiff to include the arms that pulled C-3PO and R2 out of the sand. The skiff would only need a minor re-tool at the bottom where the arms could be detachable (less costly than making them retractable or a brand new skiff). Offer a single carded C-3PO with protruding eye...without the slime, the previous figure was a lazy and inaccurate 2-for-1. Use a magnet in the arms and 3PO's feet for fun.....as he was collected upside down.

Trying to contain my ideas within minimalist parameters of size, cost, amount of newness (complete new tooling from the ground up etc.).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12