Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Carrie Fisher Dead- Are the Episode IX script writer's okay or scrambling now?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkie View Post
    There's a few ways this could go:

1. Deal with it in the crawl. I kind of feel this is the most likely scenario.
    2. Start with a funeral (the usual space shot, tilt to planet, the funeral is being held)
    3. Find out through dialogue during the film (so it only gets mentioned rather than any sort of onscreen anything showing either death or funeral).
    4. She dies early on either using CGI or audio only, perhaps in the opening there is a space battle and her ship goes down but we don't see any onboard shots. It would seem a bit thin IMO without any CGI or perhaps unused footage from TLJ recycled but you never know! If some combination of Poe/Rey/Finn witness it and react appropriately it might work!
    Given the response to Admiral Ackbar, a meme puppet fish man's death, I imagine they won't take out Carrie through exposition.
    "Jar Jar is the key to all of this."
    - George Lucas

I think IX will definitely start with her funeral. she will have died between films.
    they will show her death in a comic book or novel; they will show it in a different medium where they don't need to recast the role or use CGI to recreate the actress.

1. Deal with it in the crawl. I kind of feel this is the most likely scenario.
    2. Start with a funeral (the usual space shot, tilt to planet, the funeral is being held)
    my guess: they will deal with it in the crawl AND start with the funeral.
    "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?" -- James Kirk, U.S.S. Enterprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    Problem for me is that it would require him to change his character.. I prefer the Poe we have, who's willing to do those things. If he's THE guy in charge, those days are gone. I just can't see him as the Rebellion Leader, sector Cell leader yes. But someone else should be in charge of it all.
    General Lando anyone?
    ​N E R D ​★ ​H E R F E R

I wish I could put my fist through this whole lousy beautiful franchise. - ​Kathleen Kennedy

Leia's death could be the tie in graphic novel for IX. Similar to how they gave us Shattered Empire and Captain Phasma. The events would be covered and the fallout can be dealt with in the intro.

I feel the girlz on the story group who wanted Leia to live on as the matriarch will get their way. She could be featured long enough to commit some brave act and inspire more allies to the cause.

I'd also place a bet the planet Naboo will feature as a connection to the memory of Leia and her mother.
    Last edited by Nerdherfer; 01-19-2018 at 09:23 PM.
    ​N E R D ​★ ​H E R F E R

I wish I could put my fist through this whole lousy beautiful franchise. - ​Kathleen Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by Nadroj View Post
    Leia's death could be the tie in graphic novel for IX. Similar to how they gave us Shattered Empire and Captain Phasma. The events would be covered and the fallout can be dealt with in the intro.
    Ah a novel tie in....sort of like how TFA novel allows Poe to meet Rey, and then the novel ties in so beautifully to TLJ when Poe meets Rey for the first time again.......

I always thought it would be a neat homage to have Leia visit Naboo at some point. Which likely was done in some new Canon EU story, who knows. iI don't read anymore, too much work.
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2, R3-H17 Have: MU Rogue Captain America, Grim Reaper, WW Hulk. SW:Rebels Stormtroopers from 2-pks X2, IG-RM. 6" Snowtrooper, AT-AT Driver Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

It was actually done in a comic and the Battlefron 2 campaign.
    Princess LE-1A's inauguration speech "Roger Roger!"

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112