Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2017 Star Wars 40th Anniversary

Picked up a couple more blaster boxes today. I ended up with 2 Tarkin patch cards both limited to 40. I only need 1. Anyone have dupe patch cards they'd like to trade? Have a few green and blue base dupes as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CLone_Wolf View Post
    does it also mean that TOPPS wlll buy THESE buyback cards back (maybe in exchange for some other card or prize)?
    I've seen UNCUT sheets of some card sets, and I'd LOVE to get my hands on any of them.
    -Wolf
    No. Buyback refers to the fact that Topps bought these cards and stamped them. They will not buy them back, they're just old cards stamped with the 40th logo to enjoy

High Admiral

Grabbed a Medallion Box at Target today. Pulled a Vader Death Star Medallion. That is a hefty card, nice hunk of metal on that thing. A lot of cool cards in this set. I've got a case waiting to get opened. Wish me luck.

Quote Originally Posted by adrian845 View Post
    Grabbed a Medallion Box at Target today. Pulled a Vader Death Star Medallion. That is a hefty card, nice hunk of metal on that thing. A lot of cool cards in this set. I've got a case waiting to get opened. Wish me luck.
    I wish I could help you open it. That would be a blast. Hope you find some good stuff.

Found a second medallion box... quite hard to find. No complaints so far... only 2 doubles when comparing to my first box. Have one more on order and that might be it before adding singles to complete the base set.

Free to a good home... another Topps card trader code:

SW4047D3X

Picked up a blaster (?, the one with ten packs) box at TRU and a hobby box off ebay. Got within 43 cards of a full basic set. Trading my doubles and parallels to my sisters boyfriend for the ones I need. Nice set! I didn't get any cool chase cards though.
    "I like that wookie."

My trade feedback
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1015111/

Quote Originally Posted by rosemaster View Post
    I don't have the official explanation, but they seem to just be cards from previous Topps SW sets. Whether Topps actually bought them back from some source or just had them sitting around in their storage area is hard to know. The ones I got in my two Hobby boxes were both base cards from the 1977 SW sets, but with the 40th logo foil stamped on them. That seems to be what the majority of them are based on what's listed on eBay, although there are some medallions and the like from other SW series showing up.
    That is good to know, I pulled a 1977 red border card of C3PO with the gold 40th stamp on it. The card is #98 and I assumed this was #98 of the set.

My buddy got a hobby box and pulled a Film cell card: Tusken raider on card and film cell pic is of a Tusken. Really cool, first film cell topps card I've ever seen.
    MTFBWY

Saw on the Topps site that they're offering new R1S1 and R1S2 'biggie cards', meaning FULL SETS of 5x7 cards, and numbered-edition 10x14 INDIVIDUAL 'poster cards' in both ...
    WHITE BORDER (Base-set) cards -- Numbered 1-49 -and-
    GOLD BORDER (Base-Set) cards -- Numbered 1 of 1. (almost all sold out already)

I got a 5x7 set cuz I like a lot of the S1 base set (the low-numbered verticals of the stars). (I'll offer up singles of the others here)
    PLUS I got a couple 10x14s for the slip cover of my binder (of the X-Wing pilot leaders). (I didn't spring for any Gold-framed. Too rich for my midichlorians)

-Wolf
    Last edited by CLone_Wolf; 06-28-2017 at 10:59 AM.
    The epitome of mispronunciation is the way I pronounce epitome.

Free to a good home... one last Topps card trader code:

SW407HTV5

Also after sorting my latest booster box of 10x6 packs, half of the first 100 numbered cards with foil (14/25) were pressed so deeply that the back of the card shows an indentation. More poor QA from Topps...
    Last edited by chaingunsofdoom; 07-04-2017 at 10:48 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123