Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Out of the 3 prequels.. which is your favorite and why?

ROTS because it did a pretty good job ting into a New Hope.

Really? It's a 20 year gap, not much needed to tie in. lol
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2, Rebels Thrawn Have: MU Rogue Captain America, Grim Reaper, WW Hulk. SW:Rebels Stormtroopers from 2-pks X2, IG-RM. 6" Snowtrooper, AT-AT Driver Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Episode III...for most of the reasons everyone mentioned already. I think George went darker than we're used to seeing. I think it's his 2nd best SW as director after A New Hope

The Phantom Menace. I know it has it's faults and I understand why some people did not like it... but it has a special place in my heart.... more... the time,.. excitement of it... the first new star wars movie in 16 years. and I was 19 years old at the time of its release, and grew up a major SW fan... and Qui-Gon, my second favorite SW character of all time, Luke Skywalker is still my number one...but Jinn is not very far behind.

I wrote an article about it in 2009 when episode one turned ten, and shared my memories.

It's a good read,... mostly about my memories of the time around then, instead of talking about the movie itself. It was the first article I've ever had published on a website ,.. so there are a few typos here and there,.. but a good read.

I hope this is allowed... if not then I apologize very much..

http://www.retrojunk.com/article/show/2335/star-wars-episode-one-is-ten

Last edited by agentk_b; 04-13-2017 at 08:51 PM.

The Phantom Menace is my favorite. Revenge of the Sith is a close second. Attack of the Clones a very distant third.

TOTALLY relate and agree w/ that piece, truly it looks like I was dictating & you are writing it, that's how similar our experiences were, other than the location, ..excellent work. The promotions were the same in my area, and I chased the exact same stuff, relentlessly. I had the web at work, but that was it-I did't get home internet til 2001. I remember one person at work had found the Sebulba cup topper from Pizza Hut and none of my crew could find it anywhere, so she got them for us, as we had the others (I still do of course). The Pepsi cans were awesome because of the availability, I had an empty set displayed at work and at home. I'd say we ended up getting a fix when wanted during it's long theatrical run mostly at a Taco Bell, they seemed to have the longest active promo run in the areas we haunted, and it was still just TB, no KFC combo. I actually bought the VHS collector's set at Suncoast, and it came w/ a metal lightsaber keychain via the preorder and it was still playing in the budget $2 theatre!!! First and only time I saw a film in the theatre that I had at home (other than SE run, but those were technically different). it was rainy Sunday, nothing to do at the time LOL. Good times man, good times.....
    Quote Originally Posted by agentk_b View Post
    The Phantom Menace. I know it has it's faults and I understand why some people did not like it... but it has a special place in my heart.... more... the time,.. excitement of it... the first new star wars movie in 16 years. and I was 19 years old at the time of its release, and grew up a major SW fan... and Qui-Gon, my second favorite SW character of all time, Luke Skywalker is still my number one...but Jinn is not very far behind.

I wrote an article about it in 2009 when episode one turned ten, and shared my memories.

It's a good read,... mostly about my memories of the time around then, instead of talking about the movie itself. It was the first article I've ever had published on a website ,.. so there are a few typos here and there,.. but a good read.

I hope this is allowed... if not then I apologize very much..

http://www.retrojunk.com/article/show/2335/star-wars-episode-one-is-ten

Last edited by jpolli666; 04-26-2017 at 08:15 AM.

The Phantom Menace.

Because of the Obi-wan Vs. Darth Maul fight.

And it's the only one with Liam Neeson.

Palpatine introduced as Senator is a real joy to watch.

Droid Control Ship.

The introduction of Battle Droids.

Naboo.

Naboo Fighter.

R2D2 making repairs in space.

More Tatooine and Tuskan Raiders.

Pod Racers.

Coruscant introduction.

Different quality to the film, lighting and overall soundtrack.

Musical score.

Probably the best sound effects of the 3 films.

The anticipation and viewing of the early online movie trailer.

Watching it in the theater four times.

Buying advance tickets.

Waiting on the Star Wars: Episode I- TPM VHS videocassette, yep old VHS box set.

Like Order-

I
    III
    II

_________

3- for many reasons including Vader/Obi-wan Duel. Vehicle battles, Palpatine being cool to watch.

2- Slave 1 shooting at a Jedi Starfighter, in an asteroid field.

Revenge of the Sith.

Has the least amount of protracted plot and dialogue and better pacing to tell the story than the others.
    You can build a throne with bayonets, but you can't sit on it for long.
    мыслете наш он покой

Revenge of the Sith is still my favorite of the 3 prequels... I think its the iconic lightsaber duel in the end, the fall from grace of Anakin, Order 66 and seeing Vader once more back on the big screen that makes ROTS the best of the 3 films.
    Longing for the Good Old Kenner Days where SW Figures were in great supply and everyone was able to find their favorite characters etc..... Hasbro you need to follow this example ! Twitter: @SWChamp
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1055416/

Revenge of the Sith is my favorite for many of the reasons already listed here. However, there's a special place in my heart for The Phantom Menace, because I was ten when it came out, and it was a new movie for me. But as I get older, I see the practical effects still used in several scenes, and oddly the CGI looks leaps and bounds better than that in AotC, and I feel that makes it hold up better to me than it does for a lot of other people.
    My signature was last updated in 2008. I've changed it. Its still not interesting.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast