Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Jabba's Palace Diorama

Grid installation is finished !
    Now I will be able to continue the work of the rock.

The grid mechanism in movie:

http://vid1356.photobucket.com/album...ps0mrldini.mp4

Thanks for looking

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post

Instead of painting the walls gray, how about making them stone wall (with an occasional pipe).
    It would be cool if you added a couple of steps going down and made that an arch instead of a rectangle (part where Anamaman is).

I'd also consider a curtain in front of the Tauntaun head (Doesn't need the mechanism though).

Closed off space is wasted space. Make the Droid dungeon!

How much space is under the legs? Could you put the (Han's) cells there?

Grate job on the grate BTW!
    Last edited by Utinniii; 02-14-2017 at 09:30 PM.

Thank you Łtinniii.
    Well, this sketch is an idea that will evolve anyway.
    My reflection during the work to finish and the opinions of the members here (like your Łtinniii) gives me ideas. I have a lot of fun sharing this.

The opinion of my wife is very important too. She is a painter. I really enjoy his work. She loves Star Wars too.

Even if I realize this diorama myself at home, I am open to feedbacks and proposals.
    By the way, if I posted my work on Rebelscum, that's also for this reason.
    I therefore thank all those who have encouraged my work, to give their opinion or their assistance, so far.

The arch is a good idea to round the opening in front of the "Amanaman room".
    The open curtain without mechanism in the foreground was planned for the Trophies room. I will make an arch also in front certainly.

The walls of the cave are rounded. Therefore, facade this will form a stone arch as well.

For the general color of the exterior walls, I still hesitate between the stone tone and the dark gray tone.
    Indeed, the thick walls without windows protect the Palace of the sun and the heat of Tatooine. There is no natural light penetrating inside.
    I worked my diorama in this spirit. This is why the diorama is designed to be seen in complete black, or else, all the work with Leds lights to recreate the interior mood loses its interest.
    So the color of the walls is anecdotal. It's just a matter of decoration in the room where it will be.
    The Droid dungeon, I think so. Han and Chewie's cells why not?

I'm satisfied, the slide mechanism works perfectly. The figures arrive on the floor of the Rancor pit without jamming in the pipe. I'll make a video later.
    Last pic before the rock that will hide the pipe:

The second hole was provided if the model is blocked inside the pipe but it has not happened yet.

Thanks for looking
    Last edited by Jess; 02-17-2017 at 07:18 AM.

Been following along with your build since the beginning. The research and attention to the details along with your topshelf execution have resulted in a Jabba diorama of impeccable quality. Thanks for sharing this on RebelScum. It is inspiring and instructional to share your techniques and problem solving skills with other aspiring dio builders. Now I motivated to finish up my 1/18th scale Yoda Hut build and post it up here on RS.

Quote Originally Posted by DagobahDweller View Post
    Been following along with your build since the beginning. The research and attention to the details along with your topshelf execution have resulted in a Jabba diorama of impeccable quality. Thanks for sharing this on RebelScum. It is inspiring and instructional to share your techniques and problem solving skills with other aspiring dio builders. Now I motivated to finish up my 1/18th scale Yoda Hut build and post it up here on RS.

Thank you very much DagobahDweller for your nice message.
    I can't wait to see your 1/18th Yoda Hut

Really cool & amazing ideas here!!!

Any more updates? Would love to see the finished product

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718