Page 7 of 62 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Tie Striker With TIE Fighter Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Rezikai View Post

That being said his over all design is really nice w/lots of details in the folds of the flight suit and a really nice chest box and vacc-tubes leading to the helm. So i'll be picking up the striker for this figure to unless he gets single carded... oh single carded and maybe with removable helm!
    You know Hasbro, they'll make the vehicle pack in have the removable helmet if that were the case.

Seriously though, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I really like how this 5 POA Tie Pilot looks. I found the SA one's legs seemed too small for the top half of the figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Idpullthecurtain View Post
    I did too, because I am so obsessive I have all variations? I was never happy with the figure, but it was the best option. So its nice we have this new sculpt, which is amazing. I hope they do a few variations on the helmet.
    This will actually be the first realistically-styled, all-new TIE Fighter Pilot figure in over 12 years. I'm not counting the 6" line and the Rebels figure was in an animated style. I remember getting the 2004 TIE Pilot and being just totally blown away by the accuracy compared to the POTF2 figure. Over time, however, little things started to bother me, like the inconsistent articulation on the arms (if the figure is going to have swivel elbows, then it needs to be both arms or nothing - having elbow articulation on only one arm is like permanent fingernails on the chalkboard for my OCD). Also, the helmet was sculpted with a permanent upward gaze and the right arm pre-posed like he was robbing a bank.

The Evolutions retool of the figure fixed a couple of issues, but added more problems. Like the strange shoulders that looked like he was wearing shoulderpads and the Imperial insignias that were raised so high off his sleeves that it looked like he had dinnerplates taped to his shoulders (which is probably why he looked like he was wearing shoulderpads). Then the ultimate insult and slap in the face from Hasbro with the addition of a Jango-head under the helmet. Of course, the removable helmet itself suffered from the soft, easily warped plastic that it was cast in.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezikai View Post
    Really? Hmm guess I'm not seeing it. To me the helmet is way less screen accurate from what we've had before, he looks more like someone re-tooled from the new stormie sculpt or a saga2 at-at driver (yes i know it was the same prop in the movies) but the faceplate on the helm is...longer (to accommodate the larger eye-goggles I assume) coming down past his neck, it just seems awkward to me... not terrible mind you so I can let it ride for a 5POA.

That being said his over all design is really nice w/lots of details in the folds of the flight suit and a really nice chest box and vacc-tubes leading to the helm. So i'll be picking up the striker for this figure to unless he gets single carded... oh single carded and maybe with removable helm!
    I look at the 2004 and Evolutions/TVC retool of the TIE Pilot now and the helmet details just feel too soft compared to what we've been seeing recently. It's hard to explain what's specifically wrong, but if you imagine that the helmet is a balloon, then the OTC/Evolutions/TVC TIE Pilot helmet seems just a bit overinflated. That's the only way I can describe it.

The helmet on this new figure looks almost exactly like a shrunken down version of the 6" helmet, which I'm fine with. I think the helmet on the 6" figure looks great (if not 100% screen accurate, with the eye lens being too large and flat when they are supposed to be convex), it's just the scrawny legs and gigantic boots that ruin that figure for me. It's like he turns into a Bugs Bunny cartoon from the waist down.

The body on the new TIE Pilot looks perfect to me and I love how he appears to be a little on the short side, which is a great nod to the vintage figure.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

The TIE Striker doesn't look too bad from that angle. But why is it that every shot they release, the Nerf feature is cleverly 90% hidden? I mean, If that is their big selling point.

Quote Originally Posted by darthsatan View Post
    That's the first time I have seen this! So funny!

Hoping it comes off? The projectile clips and the front landing strut disgree with you.
    Hey, they did design it so it could act like a landing strut! lol
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2, Hera. BAD R4-X2 & Y5-X2 Have: MU Rogue Captain America, Grim Reaper, WW Hulk. SW:Rebels Stormtroopers from 2-pks X2, IG-RM. 6" Snowtrooper, AT-AT Driver Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Utinniii View Post
    It was probably a fuel or moisture thing (once the landing gear came down, moisture got in).

Or dramatic tension. Either way.
    Well the problem there is that the colder air gets the less moisture it is capable of holding. Warm air stores more moisture, which is why humidity really only exists in warm climates. So there wouldn't have been much moisture in the Hoth air at all.

Also, Luke's X-Wing was submerged in the Dagobah swamp for days (at least) and the moisture didn't seem to cause any problems for the ship at all.

Another possible explanation is that the Snowspeeders ran on a different kind of fuel and they didn't want to waste the X-Wings and Y-Wings fuel unnecessarily just in case they needed to bug out.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

You are correct about the moisture. I was actually thinking the moisture turns to ice and causes problems. They would have to be de-iced.

Yet another possibility is the X wings would make it easier for the Empire to track them (assuming the snow speeders are not military craft).

I also wonder if there is a difference between "atmospheric" and "void of space" cold.

It is funny that they are called "Snow" speeders since they were having trouble adapting to the cold.

Found this at a retail store in Canada. Unfortunately, it was too expensive so I didn't get it. It's was either $59.99CDN or $69.99CDN, can't remember. It looks to be a single seater only and the nerf cannon looks to be fixed in place, unlike the U-Wing that is retractable. Here's some pics from the box.

Thanks for the photos. I would have assumed this thing had a gunner in the rear. Surely it's not a sealed void space in the back...
    ​N E R D ​★ ​H E R F E R

Those Tuskens walk like men, but they're vicio​us, mindless monsters. - ​CLIEGG LARS deserves a figure!

Although on second guess the engine must go somewhere in this configuration, being different to a standard TIE, but even a hatch for storage.. or an actual engine.. That Vintage Collection Cloud Car was definitely a one off in that department.

Those NERF dart holders underneath the solar panels... ugh

I feel sick.

I'm actually liking the look of the TIE Striker. in the case of the NERF darts.... just don't use them. the firing feature can be slightly modified or just left empty. either way I want 2 of these (but I'll wait till they hit clearance)
    Longing for the Good Old Kenner Days where SW Figures were in great supply and everyone was able to find their favorite characters etc..... Hasbro you need to follow this example ! Twitter: @SWChamp
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1055416/

Page 7 of 62 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast