Page 13 of 69 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: U-Wing

Quote Originally Posted by Julythrunov View Post
    I can forgive the scale because to me the design doesn't read as a larger troop transport vehicle. It's sleek looking and borrows deisgn elements from the smaller x wing and y wing fighters. The long wings and guns with X wing engines screams one man fighter to me. Not to mention it's called the u wing fighter. By no means am I defending Hasbros policy of releasing minimal cheap crap in place of quality, just that this particular deisgn works a little better as scaled down Hasbro vehicle than a lot of other vehicles. It just looks more like a fighter vehicle in the rebel fleet than a troop transport.
    Pretty much how I feel about it. Even in the trailer it looks way more like a fighter in size than a transport.

I agree. Indeed I'd prefer it to be a smaller vehicle given the naming convention it follows.
    In regard to the toy however, the lack of weathering is by far the worst offence for me. it makes it look awful.
    May you live in interesting times.

Quote Originally Posted by darthsatan View Post
    I agree. Indeed I'd prefer it to be a smaller vehicle given the naming convention it follows.
    In regard to the toy however, the lack of weathering is by far the worst offence for me. it makes it look awful.
    some grey plastic like the vintage snowspeeder would probably look better but not something that bothers me.

Quote Originally Posted by darthsatan View Post
    Custom-paint opportunity!

But seriously, a dab of gun-metal grey, mixed with a hint of Matt white/black enamel paint (depending on whether you want subtle or strong weathering) here and there, and voila! Battle weathered U-Wing at your disposal!

And yes, it would be nice if Hasbro went back to weathering paint drabs of days past... But there are alternatives...

I doubt it's a "Troop" transport, but more like a "squad" transport. But still, it seems a bit small for the purpose it's intended for.
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2, Rebels Thrawn Have: MU Rogue Captain America, Grim Reaper, WW Hulk. SW:Rebels Stormtroopers from 2-pks X2, IG-RM. 6" Snowtrooper, AT-AT Driver Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

This is out in Canada. I saw it at a retail store but it was too expensive so I didn't get it. The price was either $69.99CDN or $79.99CDN, can't remember.

Observations: the nerf cannon is retractable into the fuselage. It holds one figure. The text about the vehicle is kinda funny in that it still references this as a troop transport and gunship.

I took some pics of the box to show details for those interested.

Thanks for sharing!

It looks like "removable" really meant "retractable".

​Thanks for the pics. I really like the Cassain figure.
    Most wanted figures: Vedain, Luke Bespin (Beatup version), Fozec, Taym Dren Garen, Sim Aloo

Is that the same cannon that was used on the TFA falcon?

Looks like we will be seeing some Classic BattleStar Galactica customs.
    The answer to every Star Wars question ever:
      Spoiler:  
    Its just a movie!!!!!!!!!!

Feedback BST
    I love this Bar! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU3_zzZQzx0

Page 13 of 69 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast