Page 200 of 201 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201 LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 2007

Thread: Bandai: Star Wars Model Kits

Wow some awesome customs guys!

The troopers, that shiny Fett, that Ghost Trooper and that R4. All brilliant. I especially think that Ghost Trooper is brilliant. I could see that being in Episode VIII.
    Full name: Barf-olemew ***Now Accepting Commissions***
    Check out my My 6" Astromech Customization Thread for more pics and info
    Also, check out my My Photo Album and Custom 6" Emperor's Throne
    Star Wars Bandai Model Kit Discussion Thread BARF's Feedback Thread

Seems a bit quiet around here lately so I thought I'd show off my latest droids. They're both based on very obscure background droids so I've had to make up a few details myself, which is always the fun part, of course!

The R5 with the black head was in the background at Mos Risley and I had to come up with the front on my own. And I had to put my OCD on hold with the offset silver panel on the back, luckily I can't see it!

The R2 was on a republic cruiser in Episode III. The blue is I've used is much, much paler but I've had it for ages and not had an excuse to use it, so I did. The blue is pearlescent and the white and gold are metallic, so he's rather shiney, but I think he's pretty cool too.

Is that last droid on screen? It's the first I've seen it. Any more info on it?

Yah it's been a bit quiet. Sorry I haven't contributed more models. It's been a little crazy lately and I'm hoping to get back into the groove shortly. I've got a bunch more droids to make.
    Last edited by BARF; 11-28-2017 at 07:36 PM.

I have a question for you experienced builders. What’s your opinion on water slide decals VS stickers? I’ve been having trouble with water slides and it’s getting frustrating. Is there an advantage to using them? Any info is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by inferior10 View Post
    I have a question for you experienced builders. Whatís your opinion on water slide decals VS stickers? Iíve been having trouble with water slides and itís getting frustrating. Is there an advantage to using them? Any info is appreciated.
    What kind of trouble are you having?

Are you using warm water?
    Using a decal solution?
    Applying to a gloss painted surface?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BARF View Post
    Is that last droid on screen? It's the first I've seen it. Any more info on it?

Yah it's been a bit quiet. Sorry I haven't contributed more models. It's been a little crazy lately and I'm hoping to get back into the groove shortly. I've got a bunch more droids to make.
    It's a proper blink and you'll miss it background droid during the scene in ROTS where Obi-Wan is briefing the clones in the hanger by his straighter before chasing Grievous to Utapau (i think). I've found a wider shot;

I've messed up my ordering and I've not had any kits in stock for about a week now. I've got 2 Boba Fetts and a set of droids on the way, but I'm getting a bit twitchy with nothing to do!

Quote Originally Posted by toadmeister View Post
    What kind of trouble are you having?

Are you using warm water?
    Using a decal solution?
    Applying to a gloss painted surface?

Some of the decals don’t seem to stick very well. Also some don’t lay smoothly. I’m using Q tips to remove excess water and air bubbles but still some don’t lay flat. I’m using warm water and a Mark Softer solution. They’re not being put on any painted surface, just directly on the plastic. I do was my kits in warm soapy water before starting.

I haven’t been building long but like it more than I ever thought. I seem to be better with the stickers and they seem to lay better. I’m wondering what’s the “upside” to using decals over stickers. Any tips are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by inferior10 View Post
    Some of the decals donít seem to stick very well. Also some donít lay smoothly. Iím using Q tips to remove excess water and air bubbles but still some donít lay flat. Iím using warm water and a Mark Softer solution. Theyíre not being put on any painted surface, just directly on the plastic. I do was my kits in warm soapy water before starting.

I havenít been building long but like it more than I ever thought. I seem to be better with the stickers and they seem to lay better. Iím wondering whatís the ďupsideĒ to using decals over stickers. Any tips are welcome.
    Decals are meant to be layed into painted smooth (glossy) surfaces. Hot water helps soften them better, some guys even use a heat gun while setting them! Good your using Mr. Mark softener, it's probably not enough however over the 3D detail found on many surfaces.

On my 1/144 Bandai Falcon I struggled and used several applications of Solveset to get them to snuggle down.

For any large or nin-flat surface, I paint. The red, grey, and yellow panels on my 1/72 falcon will all get painted.

Last edited by toadmeister; 12-01-2017 at 08:07 AM.

Barf, I have a question about your bone weathering on grievous. You said you did some etching to create recesses for the wash. I noticed that you have almost a pitting around on the bone parts around the eyes. How did you achieve this effect?

Quote Originally Posted by LostStarWars View Post
    Barf, I have a question about your bone weathering on grievous. You said you did some etching to create recesses for the wash. I noticed that you have almost a pitting around on the bone parts around the eyes. How did you achieve this effect?
    A lot of poking around with a scribe

Hey guys, I know this thread has been a little slow lately but here is a little bit of news from Bandai for those mini non-scaled collectors out there. And thank you all for making this thread now 2000 posts strong!

Page 200 of 201 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201 LastLast