Page 101 of 101 FirstFirst ... 519199100101
Results 1,001 to 1,007 of 1007

Thread: Bandai: Star Wars Model Kits

Quote Originally Posted by Real_Scooby View Post
    @ everyone: thx for all your kind words on Sabine's TIE

@ hemble: awesome display with Poe's X-wing. I had the exact same in mind when I built mine, but just couldn't figure out, how to do the spraytail to look good. Thanks for your hint mate
    Cheers Scooby and anytime mate and look forward to seeing your X-wing.

Quote Originally Posted by Swoobiwan View Post
    Awesome dio!
    Thanks mate.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by hemble View Post
    Cheers Scooby and anytime mate and look forward to seeing your X-wing
    I will try this when I do the blue Resistance Wing. Did you use anything to keep the wool in shape ? Or those it deform in case you have to move the diorama for some reason ? how to keep it clear of dust ?

Awesome water effects on Poe's X-Wing, hemble. Again, very ingenious to use stuff readily available around the house to further enhance your masterpieces.

Here is a link to the modeler's tip section on the official Bandai site that shows how they did the water method. But I have no idea what products they are using for the water.
    Full name: Barf-olemew ***Now Accepting Commissions***
    Check out my My 6" Astromech Customization Thread for more pics and info
    Also, check out my My Photo Album and Custom 6" Emperor's Throne
    Star Wars Bandai Model Kit Discussion Thread BARF's Feedback Thread

Excellent work guys!

Hemble, that's such a great use of cotton wool!!

Got the First Order TIE Fighter this morning so painted it up so it was nice and shiny, and popped it together. Super simple build but what a great little ship.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Nice Tie, zombombie. Now you need the Falcon so he can chase it.
    Full name: Barf-olemew ***Now Accepting Commissions***
    Check out my My 6" Astromech Customization Thread for more pics and info
    Also, check out my My Photo Album and Custom 6" Emperor's Throne
    Star Wars Bandai Model Kit Discussion Thread BARF's Feedback Thread

Hi All,

Real_Scooby - Look forward to yours when you do it and I glued them down but in layers which is three high, I then pulled the cotton wool apart gently to make it more thicker. For dust I keep them in covered shelves so very minimal dust gets in, and to keep the wool in shape I just use hair spray then finish of with matt varnish.

BARF - Thanks mate and I hade a look and they could be using a already pre made piece of plastic that model railway people use and the spray looks like it could be Woodland Scenics Water Effects.

zombombie - cheers buddy and great looking Tie mate.

Ron

Hi All,

Finished a new dio today and I have been playing Battlefront alot lately and love it as it always gives me dio idea's.
    This dio depicts aT-47 Airspeeder heading into battle on Sullust.

Recipe

Speeder - is from Bandai and is built staright form the box except the pilot which are from Hasegawa's 1:48 pilot/ground crew set as I wanted pilots with masks. The speeder was painted and weathered using Vallejo Paints and Pastel Chalks.

Base - is foam board cut out to the shape I wanted then I used scrap pieces of high denisty foam and ripped those apart to make the rocks.
    Once the foam rocks were glued down and had dried I used spakfilla with a little PVA glue and some artist Slate colour paint and covered the base and rocks.
    Once dry I painted and weathered the base using Vallejo Paints and Pastel chalks.

The lave was done by mixing Vallejo's Flat Red and a little of Vallejo's Light Orange in with Woodland Scenics Realistic Water and then used a brush and filled in the lava stream section.

Ron

Page 101 of 101 FirstFirst ... 519199100101