Page 100 of 101 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1009

Thread: Bandai: Star Wars Model Kits

Imagine the satisfaction one would get when completing this...just ordered mine!

Full name: Barf-olemew ***Now Accepting Commissions***
    Check out my My 6" Astromech Customization Thread for more pics and info
    Also, check out my My Photo Album and Custom 6" Emperor's Throne
    Star Wars Bandai Model Kit Discussion Thread BARF's Feedback Thread

Awesome, cant await to get one Just curious, anyone know if he still comes with the LED eye as originally announced ?
    Just noticed, I need to watch TFA again, I just cant remember that claw tool
    Last edited by Real_Scooby; 04-21-2017 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Real_Scooby View Post
    Awesome, cant await to get one Just curious, anyone know if he still comes with the LED eye as originally announced ?
    Just noticed, I need to watch TFA again, I just cant remember that claw tool

Yes it is. Maybe you can make sense out this image but looks like there are three lights. One located in the main eye (red) which has it's own on/off switch. I guess you remove the eye cover to access the switch.There are two other LED lights located within the orange panel ring at the base of the head (white?). Not sure how this is turned on/off though. Here is an excerpt from the instructions. Full instructions located here.

Edit: looks like there are 5 LEDs in total.

Last edited by BARF; 04-21-2017 at 01:02 PM.
    Full name: Barf-olemew ***Now Accepting Commissions***
    Check out my My 6" Astromech Customization Thread for more pics and info
    Also, check out my My Photo Album and Custom 6" Emperor's Throne
    Star Wars Bandai Model Kit Discussion Thread BARF's Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker_Qyzen View Post
    Hey, hemble, that the mini Falcon?

Nice job! So much detail and you brought it out nicely.

I just finished my Darth Vader. Will post pics later today when paint has fully dried up and I can manipulate him.
    Hey mate it is the mini Falcon and thank, also looking forward to seeing your vader.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker_Qyzen View Post
    Here he is at long last. Enter Lord Vader.

Assembly was easy and straightforward and took no more than an afternoon. The suit was the easiest to paint, using Tamiya's X-1 Black (90%), X-21 Flat Blase (10%) and pinch of X-3 Royal Blue.

For the mask I applied a base coat with a 1:1 mix of X-10 Gunmetal and X-1 Black. I wanted to recreate the dual tones of the movies so I then searched for reference pictures and painted over the correct parts with X-1 Black. The result is subtle, just like in the movies, and I really like how it turned out.

The lenses were given a coat of X-1 Black and then two more coats of a 70% X-26 Clear Orange and 30% X-19 Smoke. Wow, Bandai really knew what they were doing when suggesting this mix in their color guides; the effect is, once again, subtle, but it adds another extra layer of realism by making the lenses stand out from the rest of the mask and making them look like actual translucent pieces.

The tusks and nose divot were done with XF-16 Flat Aluminum.

The gold squares on the mask were done with the decals (my only use of the provided decals on this kit) and the exposed flesh on the back of the helmet was done with a mix of 80% X-2 White and 20% XF-15 Flat Flesh. Like three coats were required to fully cover the black plastic. The big scar was then filled with a very small and thinned application of X-7 Red.

The chestplate was done using the same 1:1 mix of X-10 Gunmetal and X-1 Black that was applied to the mask and the stripes were done with X-1 Black.

The belt, crotch piece, chest box, belt boxes, and boots were covered with 100% X-1 Black for that glossy finish. The greaves straps and soles were done with the earlier mix of 90% X-1 Black and 10% X-21 Flat Base.

The "belt buckle" was covered with XF-16 Flat Aluminum. All the buttons and details on the belt boxes and chest box were done with XF-16 Flat Aluminum, X-7 Red, X-5 Green, X-3 Royal Blue (with a pinch of X-2 White to make it clearer) and X-12 Gold Leaf where appropiate.

X-1 Black, XF-16 Flat Aluminum, and X-12 Gold Leaf were used for the black parts, silver parts, and knobs on the lightsaber hilt respectively.

Three coats of X-27 Clear Red gave the blade that deep blood-red look I wanted.

The helmet, pauldrons and greaves were left as they were.

Finally, an old black shirt donated part of its fabric for the cape and robe.

About a week's worth of work and I'm happy with the result. Pretty much my definitive Darth Vader. I see no need for that Black Series 40th anniversary legacy pack now.

Next in line: TIE Advanced x1. Should be interesting doing one of the vehicles now.

Great work mate and great to see you added a cloth cape and robe well done indeed.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Real_Scooby View Post
    Just finished "Sabineīs Masterpiece" custom painted TIE

I left of the stand to display it in landed position. I might do a litte diorama diplay sometime later. Maybe I am switching bases with the Falcon if, the smaller DS base can balance the freighter.

Some minor changes compared to what is seen in the REBELS episode. As descirbed earlier, the chessboard patters is just 3 rows, due the much simplified version of the struts, compared to the complex movie model.
    Because of different wing dimensions animated vs movie, the painted inside might look slightly different too.
    I also didnīt manage.... eerr.... I didnīt even try to exactly mirror both wing insides
    The "unfinished" stripes are wanted that way Guess Sabine ran out of color there or was interrupted
    And last, when I was finished and put it on the shelfs between everything else, the clean, bright and shiny animated look felt wrong, so I decited to weather it up, might have turned out a little to dark on inside wings, but I am fine how it looks.

Just Outstanding mate.

Ron

After seeing the Bandai booth at Celebration, I got home and ordered their 1/72 X-Wing kit from Amazon. There are way more parts than I expected. I've got a bad feeling about this.

Hi All,

A mate gave me his 1:72 scale Poe's X-wing to do a dio for him and I decided to do one when his flying across the water wuth the other X-wings.

Recipe

Poe's X-wing - is from Bandai is built straight out of the box and was painted and weathered using Vallejo Paints.
    Base - is a picture frame which I took the glass out and replaced it with foam board. I then used spakfilla to cover the base and while drying I used a teaspoon and made the waves by lightly flicking the teaspoon over the spakfilla.

Once dry the base was painted with Vallejo Medium Green and then a few washes of Vallejo Dark Blue. Once the wash was dry I then drybrushed the thw base with Vallejo Foundation White to show the waves.

After the drybrush was done I then used Woodland Scenics Realistic Water and poured it over the base. Once the Realistic Water was dry I then used Woodland Scenics Water Effects to give the waves a little depth and once dry I again drybrushed the waves with Vallejo Foundation White.

The wake/water spray was done using cotton wool and I ripped the cotton wool apart and glued in place and once dry I started to pull the wool to make it more thicker and give it depth.

Ron

@ everyone: thx for all your kind words on Sabine's TIE

@ hemble: awesome display with Poe's X-wing. I had the exact same in mind when I built mine, but just couldn't figure out, how to do the spraytail to look good. Thanks for your hint mate

Awesome dio!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 100 of 101 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101 LastLast