Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Grand Admiral Thrawn

Or both?
    They did say the Raduss wave was made in smaller numbers. so if the figure is also in demand, it's that much more difficult to find.
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2, Rebels Thrawn Have: MU Rogue Captain America, Grim Reaper, WW Hulk. SW:Rebels Stormtroopers from 2-pks X2, IG-RM. 6" Snowtrooper, AT-AT Driver Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Thrawn is an important EU character, only made more popular by Rebels, being a key villain in the series. Poor distribution, and possible limited production makes the figure that much harder to find. I've never seen him at retail, and was only able to purchase it on WMs website, where it was available for minutes. Its really disappointing to me how the basic line is managed, because collectors have to be hawks to find certain figures at the MSRP, and avoid the endless scalpers - so how the hell is a kid going to buy a Thrawn if he / she is interested? Same goes for Fenn Rau - which is a worst scenario, because its not even available at retail in the US!

That's just it. There are likely more fans of him now, than there was when he was only a Book character. Plus he's in an actual show aimed at the Kid focus they are so often spouting about. So Where the heck are the toys Hasbro?

They seem to be more attentive to the 6" line, something that most likely adult collectors are buying versus kids. Sure, you can find TFA/Rogue One figures on clearance. Yet not much offerings for Rebels. Though i was surprised to see Sabine and Leia in decent numbers. Usually they would be HTF due to limited run, and everyone wanting them
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2, Rebels Thrawn Have: MU Rogue Captain America, Grim Reaper, WW Hulk. SW:Rebels Stormtroopers from 2-pks X2, IG-RM. 6" Snowtrooper, AT-AT Driver Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

I found my Thrawn at my crapy Wal-Mart justs last week! He was the only new figure there and on the front of the pegs. I still can't believe I found him in store and only paid $7.47 for him! I was so happy that day and I still am! I still have no clue how he got there after months of not being anywhere and then just showing up.

He's 2 to a case.I found him a few weeks back at a Walmart that usually has been goodSone probably got the other figures and the one of him.

OTE=AhsokaVader;19961903]I found my Thrawn at my crapy Wal-Mart justs last week! He was the only new figure there and on the front of the pegs. I still can't believe I found him in store and only paid $7.47 for him! I was so happy that day and I still am! I still have no clue how he got there after months of not being anywhere and then just showing up.[/QUOTE]

Didn't Hasbro claim that Rebels toys weren't selling that well, and that's why now they only release one figure at a time, mixed in with the new movie waves? It seemed like when they were first released a couple years back, the figures sold just fine. But now they seem to be clogging the pegs (Sabine and Leia at least, and the TFA repacks of Ezra, Kanan and Inquisitor always pegwarmed too).

It's definitely just because wave 3 is so scarce. If they shipped out as many wave 3 cases as they did for the first two waves, they'd be sitting on the pegs as well
    "We have hope. Rebellions are built on hope." -Jyn Erso, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

I have noticed they're not as hard to find as they used to be, depending on the character. But if that's they case, maybe they should just fold them into the SA line.
    Then I'd buy more figures overall. I know I'd rather have SA Bo-Katan as well as the others.

Quote Originally Posted by JynForce View Post
    Didn't Hasbro claim that Rebels toys weren't selling that well, and that's why now they only release one figure at a time, mixed in with the new movie waves? It seemed like when they were first released a couple years back, the figures sold just fine. But now they seem to be clogging the pegs (Sabine and Leia at least, and the TFA repacks of Ezra, Kanan and Inquisitor always pegwarmed too).

It's definitely just because wave 3 is so scarce. If they shipped out as many wave 3 cases as they did for the first two waves, they'd be sitting on the pegs as well
    When did Hasbro say this? They've discussed the Rebels characters and mentioned they'd be sprinkled into the basic movie line each year starting with TFA, but I've never once heard them say it was based on poor sales. Its more of an issue of controlling peg presence for each new movie, and not giving Rebels a separate line and SKU, which wouldn't be refreshed each year if released separately.

Hasbro won't do it, but a Thrawn and Governor Pryce Mission Series set would be awesome. It would be a way to re-release Thrawn and include a new, wanted figure. I like her character in Rebels, they have interacted together in Rebels, and I know she appears in the new Thrawn novel. To me, this set is a no brainer. Listen up, Hasbro!

^& she'd be an easy sa kitbash...comic 2 pk deena shan body and the head of the indy jones4 lady, I forget name of hand. Perfect fit too.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011