Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1656646566

Thread: Celebration Orlando: Exclusives

Now that some of the dust has settled, I have a Thrawn pin for trade and I am looking to obtain the Cartamundi McQuarrie Playing Cards Deck. Please let me know if you are interested. Thanks!

Still bummed I could not snag a Thrawn con exclusive book. I did have an opportunity on Thursday to get one but didn't think they would sell out that fast (assume Del Rey had printed enough copies).

Debating on pulling the trigger on a copy on eBay...

Quote Originally Posted by spectrumofpain View Post
    Still bummed I could not snag a Thrawn con exclusive book. I did have an opportunity on Thursday to get one but didn't think they would sell out that fast (assume Del Rey had printed enough copies).
    After getting burned at Celebration Europe for the limited edition Aftermath: Life Debt novel, I knew better this time. Got it right away.

Yeah, I was very disappointed in how the Thrawn exclusive went down. Del Rey clearly wasn't prepared at all for the demand, and they chose not to allocate some copies for each day of the convention.

We were able to snag a copy of the celebration book via the Barnes and Nobles booth which also handed out a certificate for the pin. All we had to do was walk over to the del rey booth and hand them the certificate. The weird part was that the line at Del Rey was extremely long while the Barnes and Nobles booth was only a 5 minute wait. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by TK_421 View Post
    After getting burned at Celebration Europe for the limited edition Aftermath: Life Debt novel, I knew better this time. Got it right away.
    I was lucky enough to get the CE Life Debt exclusive version (got the second to last copy). Funny story, I got that edition signed by Chuck Wendig at this years Celebration and before he signed it, he quickly did a look over the book and asked which edition it was since he had never seen that one before.

Does anyone know the edition size for the Thrawn book? I had heard only 1000 copies were printed but I am not sure if that is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by snubfighter83 View Post
    We were able to snag a copy of the celebration book via the Barnes and Nobles booth which also handed out a certificate for the pin. All we had to do was walk over to the del rey booth and hand them the certificate. The weird part was that the line at Del Rey was extremely long while the Barnes and Nobles booth was only a 5 minute wait. Weird.

The Del Rey booth was giving out a book bag that wasn't available at the B&N booth.
    Possibly this was the cause of the long lines.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrumofpain View Post
    I was lucky enough to get the CE Life Debt exclusive version (got the second to last copy). Funny story, I got that edition signed by Chuck Wendig at this years Celebration and before he signed it, he quickly did a look over the book and asked which edition it was since he had never seen that one before.

Does anyone know the edition size for the Thrawn book? I had heard only 1000 copies were printed but I am not sure if that is correct.
    Pretty sure it's 1,000 since that's how many pins they had as well. Maybe 1,500 at the most

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeinator View Post
    Pretty sure it's 1,000 since that's how many pins they had as well. Maybe 1,500 at the most

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
    I asked Del Rey via twitter and they said the edition size was 1000.

Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1656646566