Thread: Fake Funko Pop Figures

Fake Funko Pop Figures

Hi all,

I have recently begun collecting the Star Wars pop figures, and have found many of the better and rarer ones are not available on the high street, meaning ordering through Amazon, eBay etc.

Could anyone help me distinguish how to spot a fake as opposed to a genuine item?

I have just purchased the following for around 30-40% less than what they go for in stores, what should I look for?

Thanks for your help, apologies if there is already a thread for this.

Happy to read through if provided with the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty_Jabba View Post
    Are fakes actually a thing one needs to worry about?
    i could see somebody faking a rarer item with a different paint scheme, like a shadow trooper... or switching heads and making han and luke in stormtrooper armor... but why would anyone fake ones you can still find on tons of shelves?

I've been collecting these for a couple of years now, and I've yet to see any significant concerns come up about fakes/copies being made. Not to say it doesn't happen, but not something I'd be concerned about for any of that are sub-$100. Now, if you're buying a holgraphic Darth Maul, sure, I can see where you'd want to be cautious.
    Collector of LEGO, Funko Pop!, and other ephemera.

Prototypes are also an area where you'd want to be careful, but the vast majority of these are so widely available that it seems unlikely that anyone would go to the trouble of making fakes.