Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: New 1:1 R2 coming

Quote Originally Posted by GrAdmiralThrawn View Post
    So I recently ordered one of these and it should ship in a couple days. When it arrives and I have it assembled, I will take some pics, so we can see how the production unit actually looks and handles...
    I received mine two days ago, it came out great.

Awesome. Looks amazing. Congrats!
    You can't pose him with the third leg retracted and standing vertical, can you?

Quote Originally Posted by BenObi_70 View Post
    Awesome. Looks amazing. Congrats!
    You can't pose him with the third leg retracted and standing vertical, can you?
    No it's fixed.

That looks awesome fettfan, thank you for sharing -- seems like R2 jumped right out of the movie screen and into your room
    Last edited by GrAdmiralThrawn; 02-18-2017 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I wish there a real option for a lifesize Rtoo within a realistic budget.
    Join an R2 builders club, you could easily construct one for less.
    ANH, the best movie ever - ESB, the best SW movie ever
    My feedback

That's certainly true, although it's almost more of a lifestyle choice than anything given the amount of work that is involved. I'm actually kind of surprised there isn't a cheaper option for an off-the-shelf life size droid at this point.

Lieutenant Commander

This looks amazing! I see a vision...one day I'll own a home with a man cave....and there is a life size R2 ! lol enjoy man great piece!

Quote Originally Posted by fettfan419 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by DarthCitrix View Post
    Join an R2 builders club, you could easily construct one for less.
    Based on my limited knowledge, this is likely good advice. The question becomes how many hours are we talking to build something like this?

I spent a good amount of time as a kid trying to build my own R2 unit and Stormtrooper Armor. I thought I could do it with Paper Mache but never turned out right. I can't imagine what my 10 year old self would have thought about this. As with most people who get this , I think owning one would literally be fulfilling a childhood dream!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast