Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: NECA General Discussion Thread

It's hard to get an idea on NECA's business mindset. Years ago, Randy (on Twitter) would completely sh*t on people who would ask about redos on the McFarlane AVP figures, claiming they would never sell & that people don't buy toys from movies they hate, yet years later they made them & they sold like gangbusters.
    You'd think they take some of their budget & relocate it towards practical IPs (Did anyone genuinely want Valerian figures?) Never mind I doubt Mezco would've paid substantially more for the Halloween license than NECA would have.
    See you around, kid.

I think the big thing that changed with regards to the Predator line is they basically ran out of things to do. And the McF predators (or anything) are basically statues with 4-7 poa. Randy has been pretty upfront about Predator and Alien being the best selling lines. He also used to shoot down Machiko suggestions, but they're at a point where they're down to the comics and video games. I also wonder if the AVP preds were just to test the waters on the new molds.
    As far as practical IP's, I agree, but I recall Randy saying certain ones (Halloween, mad max) are in the hands of the the creators and basically cannot be done. Definitely weird to see Mezco getting Halloween and funko getting mad max.

Is there any word on if they're doing Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey figures? They had Death as an SDCC exclusive so I assumed they were right around the corner, but unless I missed something there hasn't been any updates!

I didn't get the Excellent Adventure versions, but I guess I still may. I'm not too hot on the retro clothed figures, but there's not exactly an abundance of Bill and Ted stuff out there.
    Things I need :
    NECA AvPR Predalien (at LESS than eBay prices)
    Have: BF Shocktrooper
    "Warning: If your Man is Iron for more than four hours, consult your Doctor Doom...

was able to score a Henryietta figure from Evil Dead... now I just need to find a young Ash... I have old from Evil Dead the series.
    Longing for the Good Old Kenner Days where SW Figures were in great supply and everyone was able to find their favorite characters etc..... Hasbro you need to follow this example ! Twitter: @SWChamp
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1055416/

Isn't a young Ash from ED2 coming out soon as a 2-pack?
    See you around, kid.

After looking at the eBay prices for NECA's Halloween figures, it would seem Mezco's $80 price tag is rather reasonable. Especially once you factor in the accessory that come w/ it.
    See you around, kid.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    was able to score a Henryietta figure from Evil Dead...
    Nice! Are you referring to the AvED Series 2 Henrietta? What store? Series 1 showed up at an obscure chain last year.
    You know that little voice in your head? My wife says I lack that.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415