Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: LEGO Star Wars 2017 News and Discussion

Supposedly coming this October. Most recent price I saw now puts it at $800. Mishmash of figures with Hoth Leia, Hoth Han, Chewy, Rey, Finn, BB8, Old Han, Threepio, maybe a mynock.

A remake of the UCS Falcon has been rumored for years...I wouldn't get my hopes up just yet.
    There is a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in
    - Leonard Cohen

Not sure if I'd be willing to shell out that kind of money for the Falcon, but to consider doing it I'd really want this re-release to have an interior.

I find it very difficult to use the terms "get my hopes up" and an $800.00+ lego set in the same sentence. As much as I want a huge falcon, I need to REALLY REALLY think very long and hard about that. And you know it will make the news, which means the wife will know about it and KILL ME if she sees it.

I built the Battle on Scarif set last night. Honestly I wasn't overly impressed with it. It's not bad, but I would have happily paid more to have a bigger bunker. Should have bought the TIE Striker instead.
    Last edited by Hell_Hawk_33; 04-08-2017 at 09:27 PM.

Lieutenant Commander

Awww....I'm about to start mine lol. I have all the other sets. Built the at-st last night and thought it was cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Jedi View Post
    A remake of the UCS Falcon has been rumored for years...I wouldn't get my hopes up just yet.
    You have my permission to raise your hopes.
    Staff Reporter: LEGO & AU/NZ Collecting News
    Moderator: LEGO & LEGO: Classifieds

For Sale:
    LEGO Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary Archive Sale
    For Fun: LEGO Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary Archive Gallery
    For Feedback: Jeremy = AOK

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    You have my permission to raise your hopes.
    Is there a certain reason that I should raise my hopes?

I actually have a sealed, 1st Edition 10179 squirreled away in my closet. The box has significant shelf wear, and I've left it sitting there, figuring that I would open it and build it when I have the proper space to display it one day (I've always wanted to do an acrylic coffee table around it, and build an appropriately sized death star docking bay out of Lego for it). I'm sure my sealed set will take a hit from a financial standpoint, but I'm fine with that and I hope that TLG does release a new version of this set...IF it's not a crappy rehash like the Death Star. If it's just a matter of interchangeable radar dishes and new minifigures, and that's it, that will be a huge waste. But if they take this opportunity to build a real interior, improve the stability of the model, and actually improve on the original - then I'll be thrilled, and could care less if 10179 becomes worth MSRP.
    There is a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in
    - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Hawk_33 View Post
    I built the Battle on Scarif set last night. Honestly I wasn't overly impressed with it. It's not bad, but I would have happily paid more to have a bigger bunker. Should have bought the TIE Striker instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayghost2482 View Post
    Awww....I'm about to start mine lol. I have all the other sets. Built the at-st last night and thought it was cool.

I got mine at a discount from Amazon and I'm pretty happy with it. The Jyn could be used as another Imperial if you have the one from the U-Wing set and the Shoretroopers are cool. If I could get another platform on the cheap, I'd put the two by the Tower of Orthanc aka Citadel stand-in !

Wondering if we will get a new Ghost since Rebels is ending. Hope so!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Jedi View Post
    Is there a certain reason that I should raise my hopes?
    It's a huge improvement on the original.
    Staff Reporter: LEGO & AU/NZ Collecting News
    Moderator: LEGO & LEGO: Classifieds

For Sale:
    LEGO Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary Archive Sale
    For Fun: LEGO Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary Archive Gallery
    For Feedback: Jeremy = AOK

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast