Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2016 Topps Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Series 1

Well I am steaming after buying 12 more single packs tonight at a different store, thinking 'I should complete most of the base set'. Bzzt!

I received 47/48 exact same base cards. As well as 4/4 dupe green inserts. I essentially paid C$37 for 20 inserts.

In all my years of buying different company made cards, I have never seen this unprofessional non-random garbage. Beware. I will be contacting Topps QA about this.

Quote Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom View Post
    Well I am steaming after buying 12 more single packs tonight at a different store, thinking 'I should complete most of the base set'. Bzzt!

I received 47/48 exact same base cards. As well as 4/4 dupe green inserts. I essentially paid C$37 for 20 inserts.

In all my years of buying different company made cards, I have never seen this unprofessional non-random garbage. Beware. I will be contacting Topps QA about this.
    good luck. I bought about 8 blaster boxes and noticed A LOT of the packs had the exact same cards. No poster inserts and 1 sticker. I sent an email asking about this and never received a response.

They have replied to several emails I sent them, but not from a live person for this issue yet. It seems they use an automated reply and always ask you to send them things like packaging, receipts, etc. In this day and age, I'm not sure why a picture wouldn't do, but then again, it's a company that makes pieces of paper that often sell for $$$.

And another thing..
    It looks like that hot blonde pilot ZAL DINNES, was just an invention by TOPPS. It seems TOPPS got permissions to fab her image, name, and any backstory they wanted to dream up for her.

see here...(and then follow link) http://www.slashfilm.com/rogue-one-bits-21/

She's NOT on the ROGUE ONE imdb page, and I've watched and watched R1 now on disc, and cant find her anywhere.
    Do you think she's just some secretary at TOPPS hq or something? Her name and image are in multiple TOPPS card-sets.

I feel really misled about this whole thing.

-Wolf

They do from time to time include characters whose part in the film ended up "on the cutting room floor", whatever that means in digital filming. It's entirely possible Topps received the pictures from LucasFilm well in advance so they could get their cards underway, then LucasFilm did a final cut for the film and left out a character or two.

Well, I do hope ZAL did get 'Zuvio'd. But I think what Im reading from those links is that she was an invention by Topps.
    I'd sure like to investigate, and find out the actresses name. (and whether she's british or not).
    I was trying to stay spoler-free, so I wasnt watching any daily peeks from on-set. Was she visible in any sneak peak photos, even if
    she was cut from the film.

-wolf

The Topps QA reply finally arrived after several weeks... 'we do not send replacements for duplicate cards'. But they said they will "send me a care package" for my troubles.

My care package arrived via FedEx and contained 3 packs of 2012 Galactic Files cards. I forgot to complete that set so I actually needed half of the 27 cards.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234