Page 127 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127
Results 1,261 to 1,266 of 1266

Thread: Is SW 3.75" collecting Dead and Buried?

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    No they've done it to lady figures too. Just look at Leia, I can only count one that was close to 100%. And that was the Hoth figure.
    I don't know they do though, it's not like getting a figure perfect mean they can't redo it again.
    i think he meant certain "main" characters not "man" characters.
    Red Pill Man

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper31 View Post
    Yeah, they've come close a few times or they've gotten certain body parts correct each time, but just not on the same figure. I think the one from that pack with Obi-Wan and the droids was closets, he just needs longer legs.
    If you don't mind hinge style knee joints the lower body from the commtech mold works great.

I ended up putting tsc Luke lower body and skirt on the death star escape Luke figure. Needed only a little bit of dremeling to fit. Luke ended up matching height with the rest of my Luke's and he didn't have those twig calves.

I'll have to try that some time. Those short legs are just terrible.
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" TVC line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper31 View Post
    I'll have to try that some time. Those short legs are just terrible.
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthrea...1115373&page=2

Near the bottom of the page is my custom with those legs. Not a great pic but you get the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick10126 View Post
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthrea...1115373&page=2

Near the bottom of the page is my custom with those legs. Not a great pic but you get the idea.

Thanks for the link. i thought you had a thread with that recipe and pic. Yes, the legs look a lot more natural than what Hasbro gave him.
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" TVC line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by keknivek View Post
    My thoughts... with nothing to back them up...

Temper your expectations.
    2018 will see a return of the vintage cardbacks, but if history tells us anything, it tells us the following:

1) Repacks are inevitable. Repaints and retooling and new heads are all things that will likely be used to get figures out and keep costs to produce down. The Black Series used repacks A LOT and came up with a fairly lackluster but not terrible line for a few years.

2) Speaking of cost... expect these to be $15+. In 2004, Hasbro released the first VOTC at $9.99 (with star cases). It is 14 years later. **do the math, in 1990 there were no figures, but figures that came out in 1995 were $4.99! 9 years later the best figures were $9.99. Add 14 years and add minimum $5... I'd expect these to be $15.99 MSRP or more. (not happy about that, but realistic)

3) SA is a misnomer. We will see some figures without ankles or with swivels. Comic Packs were notorious for slightly random articulation. I personally have no problem with that as long as the figure can attain whatever movie pose they need to attain. I feel we need some figures redone because they don't have knees. (For Example: Labria and Momaw Nadon... these figures need to SIT in the cantina)

4) New movies will have 5POA figures. I would fully expect The Last Jedi and the Han Solo movie will come out with 5POA figures on their own card backs. I'm assuming they'll cut down on the build-a-nothing pieces and the "armor up" stuff. I would expect multipacks to continue... either as 2 or 4 packs. They will likely decide to do a few in the Vintage Collection similarly to how they did a few for TFA and RO.

5) Expect the NEW new figures like Fozec, Tzzivvt, etc. to be few and far between. No reason, just don't expect the first wave to be full of characters like the Imperial Dignitary, Lars Homestead GNK droid and Adm Piett. Hasbro should know these are desired, but won't bank on these carrying a wave.

These are really assumptions, but I think they are fairly realistic. I WANT the world! but I'll take what I can get.
    Just reposting because this is what I said in April. I still think all this is true except I kinda doubt the $15 thing. it will probably top out at $13. Which means Kohl's will have them at $15 (at least in my area...)
    "The Marvel and Transformers team must share a lunch table.
    Star Wars must have sat with GI Joe team." ~ indysolo007

http://starwarslists.blogspot.com/

Page 127 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127