Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Baze Malbus & Imperial Stormtrooper

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Hurin View Post
    That's exactly the figure I was talking about in my earlier comment! I just couldn't be bothered to go poking about YoJoe or HISS Tank because I couldn't remember what they had named him. Hasbro rereleased a lot of the same sculpts with different names in the last couple years of the line. The Airborne of my childhood looked nothing like that.
    Received Sgt Airborne from the US today. On first glance it looked like an ideal candidate. However, while I know relative heights with Hasbro are hit and miss, compared to the BS Cassian Andor, this guy would be about 7 feet tall. So unless you want a Giant then the problems are dremelling the armoured chestpiece etc. then trying to find a way to reduce the height.

As I mentioned, the ROTS Fire Speeder Pilot may be an easier and cheaper fix than the Joe figure. But you still need his darn armor etc.
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2 Have: MU Rogue Captain America, Grim Reaper, WW Hulk. SW:Rebels Stormtroopers from 2-pks X2, IG-RM. 6" Snowtrooper, AT-AT Driver Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Yeah, the prospect of cutting out the armor was daunting. I ended up using 25th Airborne arms on mine and just cut it to fit onto Baze.

Looks great Nighthawk.

Ok, mine are 95% finished. Still need about an hour or two on Baze and Bodhi:

NIGHTHAWK and SITHLORD1963 both are looking freakin FANTASTIC and makes me realize how much I'm slackin in my customizing.
    Dishing out the wisdom of a fool on a daily basis.

Tell me about it! Chirrut has been sitting in the corner ever since i bought him. Sithlord's use of SG's has me totally rethinking how to approach him though, I was originally just going to use Blind Master for him.

He's also got me rethinking Baze. I really didn't like how he tuned out at all, paint apps etc. So i didn't buy him. But seeing what he could be in that photo, has my creative juices bubbling.
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2 Have: MU Rogue Captain America, Grim Reaper, WW Hulk. SW:Rebels Stormtroopers from 2-pks X2, IG-RM. 6" Snowtrooper, AT-AT Driver Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    Tell me about it! Chirrut has been sitting in the corner ever since i bought him. Sithlord's use of SG's has me totally rethinking how to approach him though, I was originally just going to use Blind Master for him.

He's also got me rethinking Baze. I really didn't like how he tuned out at all, paint apps etc. So i didn't buy him. But seeing what he could be in that photo, has my creative juices bubbling.
    Baze's face sculpt isn't that bad, and the Rogue One visual guide kind of supports the truncated eyebrows. I probably need some close up photos because I added the grey highlights to the hair and beard and also threw in the scar that starts at the left temple and curves down under the left eye.

Quote Originally Posted by SITHLORD1963 View Post
    Ok, mine are 95% finished. Still need about an hour or two on Baze and Bodhi:

Very nice! I wish I had the skill to do that.

I wanted to take the head off of my Stromtrooper that came with Baze so I could remove the shoulder pad. The neck broke right at the ball joint. UGH!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910