Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: These Are The 6" Droids You're Looking For...And Other Custom Bandai Kits

Quote Originally Posted by BlueLightsaber View Post
    Hi Barf, what paints did you use on R2-B1? Looks great. I still have to go through all your threads but just curious. Thanks.
    Vallejo Azul Intenso Blue 70.925
    Tamiya Flat Yellow XF-3
    Last edited by BARF; 04-27-2017 at 10:53 PM.
    Full name: Barf-olemew ***Now Accepting Commissions***
    Check out my My 6" Astromech Customization Thread for more pics and info
    Also, check out my My Photo Album and Custom 6" Emperor's Throne
    Star Wars Bandai Model Kit Discussion Thread BARF's Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BARF View Post
    Vallejo Azul Intenso Blue 70.925
    Tamiya Flat Yellow XF-3
    Thanks!

I thought I saw it before but can't now..for R2's dome did you just use flat silver? I think that's the reason my R2 looks just...wrong. I need to get another and redo it all.

Also how did you switch the position of the bar and 2 dots on their legs? Bar in front is cannon right for some?
    Last edited by BlueLightsaber; 04-28-2017 at 03:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueLightsaber View Post
    Thanks!

I thought I saw it before but can't now..for R2's dome did you just use flat silver? I think that's the reason my R2 looks just...wrong. I need to get another and redo it all.

Also how did you switch the position of the bar and 2 dots on their legs? Bar in front is cannon right for some?
    I use Tamiya XF-16 Flat Aluminum for the dome.

The bar position is locked in by how you attach the feet. It is very confusing at first but remember the wheels on the foot pads face the outer edge, not inner with the tiny raised portion of the foot pad edge faces the front.

All Episode I droids had the bar facing the front.

Barf, have you considered casting the head in a clear resin so you can make the clear domed units?

Quote Originally Posted by Utinniii View Post
    Barf, have you considered casting the head in a clear resin so you can make the clear domed units?
    I think about this every day lol. And R4 heads too. I just don't have the time right now. TK-114 has already done this and done it well. He uses a thermoplastic process which allow you to pack and view the dome with all its electronic innards.

Once I finish up a few commissions, I'll be getting more into scratch builds.

I've been meaning to cast some clear R4 heads as well (even if I haven't seen any in the movies).

My thought was to preassemble the innards and dunk it in the resin but TK-114's idea sounds better!

Quote Originally Posted by BARF View Post
    I use Tamiya XF-16 Flat Aluminum for the dome.

The bar position is locked in by how you attach the feet. It is very confusing at first but remember the wheels on the foot pads face the outer edge, not inner with the tiny raised portion of the foot pad edge faces the front.

All Episode I droids had the bar facing the front.
    I wonder if I should flip the legs or if there is some kind of cannon way they should be. Did you just literally attach the wrong foot to the other leg and put them on the other side? Where do you buy your paints?

for the dome seam did you fill in somehow or just use extra paint like you said in another thread? They look great. I ordered 7 more kits haha
    Last edited by BlueLightsaber; 04-28-2017 at 03:31 PM.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718