Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: These Are The 6" Droids You're Looking For...And Other Custom Bandai Kits

Finally added R5-A2 to my personal collection. You can see him roaming around Mos Eisley, right before the "move along" scene. It's one of my favorite colour schemes on an Astromech. Hope you enjoy.

Reference pic - there are many pics of the same scene with different shades of yellow/orange. I went with something in between.

Full name: Barf-olemew ***Now Accepting Commissions***
    Check out my My 6" Astromech Customization Thread for more pics and info
    Also, check out my My Photo Album and Custom 6" Emperor's Throne
    Star Wars Bandai Model Kit Discussion Thread BARF's Feedback Thread

Your thread inspired me to pick a couple of these kits, I just finished the first build and weathered them up a bit. The second set I'd like to do as R3-T2 and R5-A2. I have a full size R2 with an R3-T2 dome as an alternate look, so it will be fun to have a scale model of R3. Question on the R5 dome how do you do the three stripes on the dome?

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoJones View Post
    Your thread inspired me to pick a couple of these kits, I just finished the first build and weathered them up a bit. The second set I'd like to do as R3-T2 and R5-A2. I have a full size R2 with an R3-T2 dome as an alternate look, so it will be fun to have a scale model of R3. Question on the R5 dome how do you do the three stripes on the dome?
    Welcome, IdahoJones. Glad you are enjoying the kits. The middle (white) stripe is masked with black paint above and red paint below. It's a very tedious process as the paint often runs and the lines don't look clean at first. A lot of it was done under high magnification by hand. Good luck!

Thanks so much for the tip! I hadn't realized the piston in the side of his head was missing, until I noticed it on your model, nice detail!

Happy Easter!

Hahahahaha
    If the Rebels have obtained a complete technical read-out of this station it is possible, however unlikely, that they might find a weakness. . . and exploit it.

Hi All,

Today I wanted to share some pics of some very special droids. The astromechs are Bandai model kits and the protocol droid is Hasbro Black Series threepio custom. These were all done by BARF and I know you have seen these before in previous pages. I finally was able to snap pics of my display today. I'm thrilled with how these turned out!

Some day I might try my hand at some model kit customs, but this was a nice way to begin my collection. Now that I have these in-hand, I will not even consider buying any Black Series astromechs. You can see a comparison shot below of K2SO, bandai astromechs, and a Hasbro Black Series astromech (the smallest droid in the pic).

Without further ado, here we have R4-M6 Mace Windu's astromech,

gifs upload

R7-A7 Ahsoka's droid from the Clone Wars series, R3-S6 "Goldie" the double agent from the Clone Wars series,

photo uploading

upload picscertificity.com

R5-C7 an obscure droid from Episode II on Coruscant,

upload pic

and this pair-

D-OT a senate protocol droid and R4-S9 a Jedi Temple droid from the Clone Wars series.

photo hostcertificity.com

capture
    Last edited by Talzin; 04-19-2017 at 07:59 PM.

Very nice!!
    If the Rebels have obtained a complete technical read-out of this station it is possible, however unlikely, that they might find a weakness. . . and exploit it.

Thank you, greedo. And thank you Talzin for the opportunity to make those awesome looking droids for you. Your display is amazing.

Here are some concept images I roughly coloured in prep for R4-M6. Talzin was nice enough to trust to take full creative control on this one. I'm really happy with how it turned out and I know she is too

And here are some more pics of R4-M6...

This was one of my favorite droids to make

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516