Page 42 of 79 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Celebration VIII (April 13-16 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeinator View Post
    Do they let you in the building, but outside the hall or are you literally outside with no bathrooms or anything?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
    At Anaheim they let people in the building at a certain point that night. J J Abrams ordered pizza for everyone that waited. I thought about it, but showed up at like 0600 that next morning and got a good seat for the OC.

Quote Originally Posted by bf3000 View Post
    Historically, the Opening Ceremony has not really been a huge deal. It was a big deal in Orlando because JJ Abrams was there. My guess is that he was only available on Thursday morning, so they turned the Force Awakens panel into the Opening Ceremony. I have been to every US Celebration, and I don't remember people sleeping out for Opening Ceremony at any Celebration other than Anaheim (I may be wrong...it's been a span of many years). I think the Last Jedi panel will be the only 'sleep in line' event at this Celebration...and that is assuming it is in the morning. They didn't announce a time, so it may end up being in the afternoon.
    I think the major selling point was the movie trailer. While the cast was there, I think the latter was the main interest. If they are not doing anything big for this OC I am not planning on attending. I'll just watch the live stream, which I imagine they will do just like the last Celebration.
    Lego ISD "Avenger"
    "Don't under estimate the power of the Dark Side"

I dont recall what the timeline was for the last Orlando SWC to allow people to start queue. OCCC does have strict no overnight camping rules. I beleive, like Anaheim, the city has an ordinance about when you can line up for events as well. I did speak with OCCC people and they were still working with RP to finalize that information as of last tuesday (feb 7th).

Quote Originally Posted by DarthBaldylox View Post
    I dont recall what the timeline was for the last Orlando SWC to allow people to start queue. OCCC does have strict no overnight camping rules. I beleive, like Anaheim, the city has an ordinance about when you can line up for events as well. I did speak with OCCC people and they were still working with RP to finalize that information as of last tuesday (feb 7th).
    Interesting. According to this old article, the line for Lucas at a previous SWCO started at 11 pm for an 11 am panel.

http://www.mtv.com/news/2437296/star...s-jon-stewart/

Star Wars 40th Anniversary Panel will be Thursday morning according to the Star Wars Show, and might include a big surprise.

http://www.starwarscelebration.com/N...h-Anniversary/

Quote Originally Posted by TK_421 View Post
    Star Wars 40th Anniversary Panel will be Thursday morning according to the Star Wars Show, and might include a big surprise.

I wouldn't rule out a Lucas or Ford appearance.

Fleet Admiral

•    
    Quote Originally Posted by TK_421 View Post

Damn, I'm gonna miss this one. But I'd rather be there for the Last Jedi panel anyways.

I'm keeping my expectation in check. I don't want to end up disappointed by expecting more than I should have.

Quote Originally Posted by starwarsisgood View Post
    I wouldn't rule out a Lucas or Ford appearance.
    I want them to SIGN. I've seen them both in person so it wouldn't be that terribly exciting for me if that's the only "surprise" they had in store.

Fleet Admiral

•    
    Quote Originally Posted by epsilonjedi View Post
    I want them to SIGN. I've seen them both in person so it wouldn't be that terribly exciting for me if that's the only "surprise" they had in store.
    I can only imagine, first 1,000 people at $1,000 and it'd sell out in minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeinator View Post
    I can only imagine, first 1,000 people at $1,000 and it'd sell out in minutes.

Yeah, and that's not an exaggeration either.

Page 42 of 79 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast