Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: McQuarrie Darth Vader Statue

Quote Originally Posted by spudmanski View Post
    Thanks for the comments.

LS, I have a great deal of respect and vision of McQuarrie. Great that the companies are producing statues, busts and props that reflect his designs.

I missed the Cartamundi cards, so now on the hunt for them. I did find the four Celebration aces, so thanks for the heads ups.
    You are welcome. Happy to know you have such high level of respect for this visionary artist. I'm always pleased to know McQuarrie fans. I missed on the Cartamundi McQuarrie deck of playing cards while at Celebration. At the time I was more into getting to the McQuarrie Han Solo bust by GG, and I had no idea this deck was being offered there. It wasn't until the day after I'd left the convention that I was looking on Ebay for Celebration exclusives, and I noticed two of these decks had been sold. I looked and looked regularly for another deck until recently one popped up, made a deal with the seller and got it for retail price plus shipping. It was listed as a "McGuire" deck of cards, so if you are looking for one on Ebay, try looking for it with a misspelled name as well. Very nice of Cartamundi to have come up with all this attention to McQuarrie as part of celebrating the 40th Anniversary of Star Wars.

Let's hope there's more McQuarrie product coming from SS, GG, and other companies. As for now I'm awaiting the arrival of a McQuarrie Darth Vader mini helmet by WonderGarage. It is made in the same scale as the Riddell and MR of the past and only 40 of them being produced. This one will go perfect with the McQuarrie mini busts in my collection and as part of the McQuarrie display area. One day I hope to get to the 1:1 McQuarrie Darth Vader helmet by eFX like yours. That's a beauty! If only I had the room for that piece!
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and Iím not sure about the universe"- Albert Einstein

My Feedback , Movie Realization Visual Reviews

*Since Photobucket.com, the "free" image hosting website I've been using for the last 12 years to host my pictures for this website has changed image policy without previous notice and now wants $400.00 a year for a subscription to host images, and since they have blocked the view of over 1,000 pictures I've done for this site, I've chosen a different image hosting site and I'm re-posting my latest image additions in an effort to have the images recorded for reference. Thank you for your understanding

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I know this is not the thread for it, but if you are an early Star Wars designs collector as well as a McQuarrie one, which I'm sure most of us posting here are, I like to recommend this statue offered by the Disney Store and Disney Parks, based on the famous Hildebrandt 1977 movie poster, which celebrates the 40th anniversary of Star Wars. While the price is a bit steep at $250.00 at the Disney Store, chances are you'll be able to find it for less on Ebay, and at Disney parks for $150.00

Here's my take on the statue...

Good shout out LS. I did want to get this and when I saw the $250 price tag I was not sure. But if I can pick it up on eBay for around the price you mention, I will.
    Quote Originally Posted by LightSword View Post
    Thanks, spudmanski. What's interesting is that, as I've found out through another member here, Disney sells it at the Parks for $150.00 but then charges $100.00 at their stores in the malls.

*If anyone is interested in seeing detailed pictures of this great looking statue, I worked on a picture review here.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I had this posted in the Gentle Giant section, but I figure it fits here as well:

This being a McQuarrie themed thread due to the statue being discussed, I'd like to point out to another Ralph McQuarrie themed item I picked up recently for retail price, which I think for McQuarrie collectors would be a nice item to own. This is the 150-piece limited edition and Celebration 2017 exclusive McQuarrie playing card deck by Cartamundi. Although long sold out, they do appear on Ebay sometimes, thus the secondary market is the best way to find one now. The deck is beautifully encased in a wooden custom box, engraved with the image of Deak Starkiller as drawn by McQuarrie. I think the card deck displays rather well next to the McQuarrie mini bust of the character. If you are interested in seeing more pictures, I posted a picture review. Scroll down the page here.

Thanks for the comments.

LS, I have a great deal of respect and vision of McQuarrie. Great that the companies are producing statues, busts and props that reflect his designs.

I missed the Cartamundi cards, so now on the hunt for them. I did find the four Celebration aces, so thanks for the heads ups.
    You are welcome. Happy to know you have such high level of respect for this visionary artist. I'm always pleased to know McQuarrie fans. I missed on the Cartamundi McQuarrie deck of playing cards while at Celebration. At the time I was more into getting to the McQuarrie Han Solo bust by GG, and I had no idea this deck was being offered there. It wasn't until the day after I'd left the convention that I was looking on Ebay for Celebration exclusives, and I noticed two of these decks had been sold. I looked and looked regularly for another deck until recently one popped up, made a deal with the seller and got it for retail price plus shipping. It was listed as a "McGuire" deck of cards, so if you are looking for one on Ebay, try looking for it with a misspelled name as well. Very nice of Cartamundi to have come up with all this attention to McQuarrie as part of celebrating the 40th Anniversary of Star Wars.

Let's hope there's more McQuarrie product coming from SS, GG, and other companies. As for now I'm awaiting the arrival of a McQuarrie Darth Vader mini helmet by WonderGarage. It is made in the same scale as the Riddell and MR of the past and only 40 of them being produced. This one will go perfect with the McQuarrie mini busts in my collection and as part of the McQuarrie display area. One day I hope to get to the 1:1 McQuarrie Darth Vader helmet by eFX like yours. That's a beauty! If only I had the room for that piece!
    Last edited by LightSword; 06-30-2017 at 06:49 PM.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and Iím not sure about the universe"- Albert Einstein

Bringing back the pictures of the McQuarrie Darth Vader statue that Photobucket blocked ...

I received my exclusive McQuarrie Vader sample ( number 181) a couple of days ago. No issues with it, just a great looking piece which I'm proud to display in my collection. Here's my picture review of Sideshow Collectibles rendition of McQuarrie's conceptual Darth Vader ...

I've just received another Ralph McQuarrie concept Darth Vader collectible. This is a .45 scale helmet by WonderGarage commemorating the 40th anniversary of Star Wars and honoring its greatest artist. You can find the whole picture review here.

Last edited by LightSword; 07-10-2017 at 09:39 PM.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112