Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: McQuarrie Darth Vader Statue

I know this is not the thread for it, but if you are an early Star Wars designs collector as well as a McQuarrie one, which I'm sure most of us posting here are, I like to recommend this statue offered by the Disney Store and Disney Parks, based on the famous Hildebrandt 1977 movie poster, which celebrates the 40th anniversary of Star Wars. While the price is a bit steep at $250.00 at the Disney Store, chances are you'll be able to find it for less on Ebay, and at Disney parks for $150.00

Here's my take on the statue...

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I知 not sure about the universe"- Albert Einstein

My Feedback

Good shout out LS. I did want to get this and when I saw the $250 price tag I was not sure. But if I can pick it up on eBay for around the price you mention, I will.

Quote Originally Posted by spudmanski View Post
    Good shout out LS. I did want to get this and when I saw the $250 price tag I was not sure. But if I can pick it up on eBay for around the price you mention, I will.
    Thanks, spudmanski. What's interesting is that, as I've found out through another member here, Disney sells it at the Parks for $150.00 but then charges $100.00 at their stores in the malls.

*If anyone is interested in seeing detailed pictures of this great looking statue, I worked on a picture review here.
    Last edited by LightSword; 05-27-2017 at 06:26 PM.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I知 not sure about the universe"- Albert Einstein

My Feedback

Finally, had time to set up Vader. Just a millimeter or two to spare from the top of the saber. But he fits.

Quote Originally Posted by spudmanski View Post
    Finally, had time to set up Vader. Just a millimeter or two to spare from the top of the saber. But he fits.

Love the mcvader spud.... great set up.
    Dark Helmet: I bet she gives great helmet.......

Awesome set up Spudmanski, and a show of great taste in your choice of collectibles. Awesome seeing the love for McQuarrie themed items!

My Feedback

I had this posted in the Gentle Giant section, but I figure it fits here as well:

This being a McQuarrie themed thread due to the statue being discussed, I'd like to point out to another Ralph McQuarrie themed item I picked up recently for retail price, which I think for McQuarrie collectors would be a nice item to own. This is the 150-piece limited edition and Celebration 2017 exclusive McQuarrie playing card deck by Cartamundi. Although long sold out, they do appear on Ebay sometimes, thus the secondary market is the best way to find one now. The deck is beautifully encased in a wooden custom box, engraved with the image of Deak Starkiller as drawn by McQuarrie. I think the card deck displays rather well next to the McQuarrie mini bust of the character. If you are interested in seeing more pictures, I posted a picture review here.

Last edited by LightSword; 06-17-2017 at 10:52 PM.

My Feedback

Easily one of my favourite pieces. About time too.
    的 know what I have to do but I don't know if I have the strength to do it.... Will you help me?"

Thanks for the comments.

LS, I have a great deal of respect and vision of McQuarrie. Great that the companies are producing statues, busts and props that reflect his designs.

I missed the Cartamundi cards, so now on the hunt for them. I did find the four Celebration aces, so thanks for the heads ups.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011