Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: McQuarrie Darth Vader Statue

Quote Originally Posted by spudmanski View Post
    Sorry to hear the news costell2. Thanks for posting the pics. I need to inspect mine to make sure it is okay. Glad you are getting a replacement.
    Ditto minus the I need to inspect mine part since I wasn't able to get one. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received my exclusive McQuarrie Vader sample ( number 181) a couple of days ago. No issues with it, just a great looking piece which I'm proud to display in my collection. Here's my picture review of Sideshow Collectibles rendition of McQuarrie's conceptual Darth Vader ...

Last edited by LightSword; 05-23-2017 at 11:13 AM.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and Iím not sure about the universe"- Albert Einstein

My Feedback

Awesome picture review lightsword.....
    Dark Helmet: I bet she gives great helmet.......

Always love seeing your collection lightsword!!!!

Truly amazing LightSword!! Can you tell us more about the lightsaber you have under the new Vader statue?

Thank you for all your kind comments guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Jedi View Post
    ... Can you tell us more about the lightsaber you have under the new Vader statue?
    Glad to do it

The hilt was built by Ox Works (Janne) in Finland. You can find him on Facebook here. It can be disassembled into various layouts, has a middle joint that allows for a "reveal construction". It was designed to hold a blade however, since I just wanted it as a display unit, Janne was kind enough to add an activation switch and machined a blade plug for me, so there wasn't an empty hole in the emitter. All machined aluminum construction, and has a good weight to it. It was a mini run he produced and I bought the last one he had, however, if anyone is interested, there's the possibility he will do another run on the first or second quarter of next year. I've also suggested to him to make a McQuarrie Vader version. I think if he gets enough requests that could happen. This is my first McQuarrie based Luke Lightsaber version. I'm looking into getting other versions of the Luke saber (and any other characters) based on McQuarrie's concept designs. Here are pictures of the hilt ...

Last edited by LightSword; 05-23-2017 at 11:10 AM.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and Iím not sure about the universe"- Albert Einstein

My Feedback

Very cool set up LS. Thanks for the awesome photo review.

I really like the saber. Thanks for the link, I will check that out.

Agreed, thank you for the saber details. Looking forward to finding out more about concept sabers, much appreciated!!

I would certainly be interested in a McQuarrie Vader version, if that could be pulled together.
    Last edited by Irish_Jedi; 05-23-2017 at 08:40 PM.

Thank you for your kind words, guys. I appreciate your feedback. I'll stay in touch with Janne and direct him here so he can see there's interest for the Vader hilt. Also you can post in his Facebook page and suggest to him the building of the McQuarrie Vader hilt.

* Looking forward to the announcement by SS of their next McQuarrie piece. Let it happen, SS! I'm so thankful they are creating these pieces for those of us that appreciate such great conceptual work by such influential artist.

My Feedback

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910