Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748

Thread: The Last Jedi Toys - General Discussion Thread

Wasn't rots Obi-wan the last time we got the style of cloak you are referring to?

Yes, but that one was much better than the one above ^
    Though still not quite as durable as SG's.
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2, Rebels Thrawn Have: MU Rogue Captain America, Grim Reaper, WW Hulk. SW:Rebels Stormtroopers from 2-pks X2, IG-RM. 6" Snowtrooper, AT-AT Driver Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

The point is this years plastic capes seem a big step forward. The fit is important with robes, and soft goods never looks perfect. Recent work with plastic robes looks great to me, and it's something Hasbro has never really got right in the past.
    Most wanted figures: Vedain, Luke Bespin (Beatup version), Fozec, Taym Dren Garen, Sim Aloo

Quote Originally Posted by Idpullthecurtain View Post
    The point is this years plastic capes seem a big step forward. The fit is important with robes, and soft goods never looks perfect. Recent work with plastic robes looks great to me, and it's something Hasbro has never really got right in the past.
    I have to say, I really liked the soft plastic attached robes of the Ep1 line. Not so much the bulky Jedi robes, but things like the multi layered robes for Nute Gunray and Amidala. I'd like to see the return of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL!

Spoiler .............not!

It is the mission of each true Jedi Knight... His duty... nay, his privilege!
    To dream the impossible dream...
    This is my quest, to follow that star. No matter how hopeless, no matter how far.

Quote Originally Posted by DonWanKihotay View Post
    LOL!

Spoiler .............not!

LOL that is too funny!
    Longing for the Good Old Kenner Days where SW Figures were in great supply and everyone was able to find their favorite characters etc..... Hasbro you need to follow this example ! Twitter: @SWChamp
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1055416/

Quote Originally Posted by gonkgonkgonk View Post
    I have to say, I really liked the soft plastic attached robes of the Ep1 line. Not so much the bulky Jedi robes, but things like the multi layered robes for Nute Gunray and Amidala. I'd like to see the return of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree those use of plastic robes are great. I am happy that they have got a good way to deliver the outer robes and capes now. I have never liked soft goods.
    Most wanted figures: Vedain, Luke Bespin (Beatup version), Fozec, Taym Dren Garen, Sim Aloo

Quote Originally Posted by Idpullthecurtain View Post
    I agree those use of plastic robes are great. I am happy that they have got a good way to deliver the outer robes and capes now. I have never liked soft goods.
    I have to agree that for the most part soft goods look absolutely terrible at this scale (1:12 for that matter too). The few times that it works (Vader figures usually don't look awful) is great but Jedi robes, Sith robes just look silly. I am ok with lower tunic soft goods that blend with the figures (VC Quinlan Vos comes to mind) but robes and most capes are a disaster.

Hasbro has actually done some impressive figures with softgoods, but the basic line looks best in all plastic. I'm fine with plastic removable cloaks on all 5 POA figures, as it makes for a more aesthetically pleasing action figure.

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748