Page 132 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132
Results 1,311 to 1,317 of 1317

Thread: The Last Jedi Toys - General Discussion Thread

I think a fun compromise here could have been to have Laura Dern play a female Mon Calamari! Of course, then she'd have been unrecognizable and that may not have appealed to her
    "Through us, the cosmos gazes on itself, adores itself, breaks its own heart. Through us, matter stares slack-jawed at its own star-dusted countenance and knows, incredulously, that it knows." - Alan Moore

Quote Originally Posted by sinkie View Post
    I think a fun compromise here could have been to have Laura Dern play a female Mon Calamari! Of course, then she'd have been unrecognizable and that may not have appealed to her
    It has to have purple hair.
    Salt-licker guy from Crait deserves a figure.
    He made the ultimate sacrifice, licking that dirt to find out what it was. We should respect and honor him with an action figure.

Or be just purple all over!
    "Through us, the cosmos gazes on itself, adores itself, breaks its own heart. Through us, matter stares slack-jawed at its own star-dusted countenance and knows, incredulously, that it knows." - Alan Moore

I have no idea what will happen in the future with these toys, so I will enjoy the figures that I like that come out, for as long as they do.

If the new trillogies follow new stories, they might not be the sole focus of toy lines. The lines might get smaller for awhile, but may get a resurgence.

It seems today that kids aren't as interested in toys (unless connected to a computer somehow) and their attention spans are shorter. By looking at POPs, Derbs, bricks and other figures in the toy aisles, it doesn't even look like either SA or accuracy are considerations anymore.

However I think there will always be an interest in SW figures. Even if they go away, they will eventually come back, and with 3D printing, we will have the ability to customize the figures we don't have.

With regards to Ackbar, he may have not have had a line in the movie but according to the "Making of film", he did have the last line of dialogue being filmed when he said "IT'S A WRAP!"

I agree that both sides of the debate offer good reasons for the characters arc. But my problem is with the way they threw away Ackbar's death as nothing, someone we knew and respected. While showcasing Holdo's, who was a nobody to us. WTF?
    Yes it works for the narrative, but maybe that should have been different then. To me it simply feels like a focused intent to tell the audience this isn't your Star Wars anymore, so get over it! That kind of in your face crap I do no appreciate. I want the movie to be good at what it's supposed to be.

And it's not like they could have dubbed some voice dialog for Ackbar, it's been done 100's times before.
    Looking for:Jedi Temple Guard X2, R3-H17 Have: MU Rogue Captain America, Grim Reaper, WW Hulk. SW:Rebels Stormtroopers from 2-pks X2, IG-RM. 6" Snowtrooper, AT-AT Driver Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Ackbar does speak in the film. At least 2 lines

And I still don't get why so many "respect" him. He utterly, utterly failed as a leader during ROTJ. The Alliance won that battle in spite of Ackbar.

How could you not respect Ackbar? It wasn't his fault that the shield was operational.
    Salt-licker guy from Crait deserves a figure.
    He made the ultimate sacrifice, licking that dirt to find out what it was. We should respect and honor him with an action figure.

Page 132 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132